Other B1G Games Thread

Indiana losing would have helped us, but it's nice to see Wisconsin finally lose. It will be even better if we can beat them at the Barn.

Indiana losing would have helped us, but it's nice to see Wisconsin finally lose. It will be even better if we can beat them at the Barn.

I wanted MN to be their first loss, but I'm still OK with tonight's result.

Interesting.

On a side note, IU fans are shameless.

What made you think he is a big, classical, paint dominating center? He loves to float on the perimeter. Only time he did damage down low was when Crean went small because he thought Kaminsky would continue to stay out of the paint.

I said he is more of a stretch 4 than a center. I most definitely stand by that statement.

I think the only way Wisconsin winning helps us is because we play them twice, while Indiana only once. At the very least, the more Indiana wins, the better chance we get of another top win when we play them. They could go 4-1 in their next five and be ranked by the time they come to Williams Arena.

I think the only way Wisconsin winning helps us is because we play them twice, while Indiana only once. At the very least, the more Indiana wins, the better chance we get of another top win when we play them. They could go 4-1 in their next five and be ranked by the time they come to Williams Arena.

I think we'll be competing with Indiana for a tournament bid, so I would have preferred IU drop to 1-3 without a quality win then go to 2-2 with a top 5 win. But it's still an enjoyable win because Wisconsin is no longer undefeated.

I think we'll be competing with Indiana for a tournament bid, so I would have preferred IU drop to 1-3 without a quality win then go to 2-2 with a top 5 win. But it's still an enjoyable win because Wisconsin is no longer undefeated.

Agree completely. I'll be rooting for anybody that is playing Illinois, Indiana, or Purdue. (possibly Michigan too)

Teams get bids, not conferences. Take care of our home court and it won't matter.

Besides, it's too early in the season to not root against UW for me.

Teams get bids, not conferences.

Bingo.

Once the Selection Committee starts doing its work, each team is its own individual entity. (Potential bubble) Teams like the Gophers, Indiana, Illinois, Dayton, George Washington, Southern Miss, Indiana State, Boise State, Arizona State, Arkansas, LSU, BYU, etc, will be selected or left out based on their own individual merits. I always want the Big Ten to perform well during the nonconference season, but in the end the Gophers will get in or left out based on the merits of their singular resume stacked up vs. other bubble teams' singular resumes.

And I agree, Indiana fans once again embarrassed themselves. You're Indiana, one of the 5 or 6 true bluebloods in college basketball history, and you storm the court vs. Wisconsin? It's no different than when they stormed the court a few years ago vs. the Gophers. Embarrassing.

Yogi Ferrell is really good.

Yes, he is. Outstanding player. IU would be crap without him.

I still say he palms the ball about every single time he goes to the hoop, much more so than any other player I've seen this season. The refs need to put a stop to that because he freezes his defender every single time.

IU

Bingo.

And I agree, Indiana fans once again embarrassed themselves. You're Indiana, one of the 5 or 6 true bluebloods in college basketball history, and you storm the court vs. Wisconsin? It's no different than when they stormed the court a few years ago vs. the Gophers. Embarrassing.

Well, the Badgers were only one of 4 unbeatens, ranked #3, had lost 12 in a row going back to 2007...seems as good as time as any to storm the court. The cameras of ESPN also had something to do with it as well.

Once the Selection Committee starts doing its work, each team is its own individual entity. (Potential bubble) Teams like the Gophers, Indiana, Illinois, Dayton, George Washington, Southern Miss, Indiana State, Boise State, Arizona State, Arkansas, LSU, BYU, etc, will be selected or left out based on their own individual merits. I always want the Big Ten to perform well during the nonconferences season, but in the end the Gophers will get in or left out based on the merits of their singular resume stacked up vs. other bubble teams' singular resumes.

Thanks for the clarification. I recognize that a conference doesn't get a set number of bids and the order by which you finish in conference doesn't necessarily dictate the order by which teams are selected. (see Iowa last year, I believe) My feelings on this topic are really about what I perceive to be one bubble team (Gophers) vs other bubble teams that happen to be in our conference (Indiana/Purdue/Illinois). Clearly things will change but it gives me a more of a rooting interest in some of these other games. Hopefully at some point in Pitino's tenure we will be watching on Selection Sunday to see whether we are a four seed vs a six seed, not whether or not we are on the right side of the bubble.

. ... My feelings on this topic are really about what I perceive to be one bubble team (Gophers) vs other bubble teams that happen to be in our conference (Indiana/Purdue/Illinois). Clearly things will change but it gives me a more of a rooting interest in some of these other games. Hopefully at some point in Pitino's tenure we will be watching on Selection Sunday to see whether we are a four seed vs a six seed, not whether or not we are on the right side of the bubble.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on the Illinois/Indiana/Purdue thing! I want those teams to lose at every opportunity because they appear to be the Big Ten's most bubble-bound possibilities along with the Gophers. And amen to Selection Sunday watching. ... I would prefer our Gopher Selection Sundays to be more like 1997, but it's seems like the destiny of Gopher basketball followers is to have to sweat it out 9 times out of 10 (in the years the Gophs are legitimately in the hunt).

I know this to be true even more so now that IU notched a win vs. Wisconsin. ... the Gophers absolutely must beat IU and Illinois at home. There's an advantage there for the Gophers because we don't have to travel to either Bloomington or Champaign/Urbana.

The secret may be out on Wisconsin. They have some of the worst rim/paint defense in the conference and maybe the country. Mathieu may have a field day with them.

Can't believe Northwestern beat IU on the road. Collins must be doing work. I'm starting to get a little worried about playing at their place now.

Just saw ISU lost their second straight conference game too. This one was in Austin. Hope Vaughn was watching.

Wisconsin down 11 in the second half. They may be riding a two game losing streak when they come to the barn next week. Not sure if that is good or bad. Would love to hand them a 3rd in a row, but they'll be focused and hungry.

Guess we'll be handing wisconsin their 3rd straight loss, like we did with the buckeyes :cool:

Man, I hope we attack the paint all night against Wisconsin. They are really bad in that regard.

Ten unanswered points for Wisconsin brings it within 3. 66-63 Michigan with 3:45 to go.

Bo has the ugliest tie ever on and I know for a fact he's already worn it once before this. Looks like an early 90's prom tie.

Stauskas hits a huge three to make it a 4 point game with 48 seconds left, Wisconsin ball.

That foul on Wisconsin at the shot clock was pretty big. Michigan should close this out.

Michigan wins. If we win tomorrow (pretty big if, I know), I almost think we could be ranked ahead of Wisconsin in the next poll.

Michigan wins. If we win tomorrow (pretty big if, I know), I almost think we could be ranked ahead of Wisconsin in the next poll.

I'm guessing the chances are slim to none. If we win tomorrow and against Wisconsin, then maybe yes.

Winning tomorrow and Wednesday seems like a pipe dream. But what a sweet pipe dream it would be. We'd be ahead of Wisconsin in the conference standings and tied with Iowa (I think).

Top Bottom