Other B1G Games Thread

I had no idea Illinois was ranked.

Groce's teams are the exact kind of teams Bo's love to play. Athletic, but extremely undisciplined and sloppy.

Not trying to be "glass half empty" here, but if they tried that at Williams Arena.....it would probably include about two rows of barnyard animals, a bunch of eight year olds, and a couple of band members. Atmosphere looks like it is waaay different there. But maybe that comes with celebrating Rose Bowl championships, instead of 20 year season ticket holders. OK....I'm better.

I thought the same thing...something like this would never happen at curmudgeon court. Maybe one day the 90 year olds will surrender their tickets to their grand kids.

PSU up 4 against IU at half. A PSU win would be big for us since they'll be shooting for the bubble with us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

PSU up 4 against IU at half. A PSU win would be big for us since they'll be shooting for the bubble with us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I misinterpreted here o my first read. The "they" you are talking about is IU not PSU, which I originally thought. My bad, but I opened this up so I needed to put something in here.

He grabbed the front of Valetine's shirt and pulled him in for a face-to-face. Red as a beet!

How does he not get in more trouble from the media for this?? I know its not quite as bad as Rutgers coach but not to far off? The F bomb he drops on his players and verbal abuse its crazy.. I know if he was just a mid level coach media would be all over this but since his program is top 10 everyone looks the other way.

How does he not get in more trouble from the media for this?? I know its not quite as bad as Rutgers coach but not to far off? The F bomb he drops on his players and verbal abuse its crazy.. I know if he was just a mid level coach media would be all over this but since his program is top 10 everyone looks the other way.

Because he wins. I seriously think that is the only difference.

PSU should've beaten Indiana yesterday. Would've helped us ... Indiana would've been in a big hole 0-3 with Wisconsin next.

Nebraska is up 1 at Purdue with 10 minutes to play, despite getting hosed by the officials. A charge call on what should've been a Nebraska And-1 was one of the worst calls I've seen all year. Bad even by B1G official standards.

I think Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana and Purdue will be competing for one or two NCAA berths. Having seen those other three teams play several games already, I think we're better than all three of them.

I think Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana and Purdue will be competing for one or two NCAA berths. Having seen those other three teams play several games already, I think we're better than all three of them.

I agree completely. What is interesting so far this year is that every game in the first two weeks has gone exactly to form. I can't find a surprising result in any of the games to this point. (Maybe Michigan vs. Minnesota?)

The top three look like locks already -- Michigan State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin.
Next three are probably Michigan, Iowa, and Illinois?
Next three are probably Minnesota, Indiana, and Purdue.
The last three look like locks already -- Penn State, Nebraska, and Northwestern.

Our tournament fate probably rests on how we complete with the other five teams in the middle. 1-1 so far.

I agree completely. What is interesting so far this year is that every game in the first two weeks has gone exactly to form. I can't find a surprising result in any of the games to this point. (Maybe Michigan vs. Minnesota?)

The top three look like locks already -- Michigan State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin.
The last three look like locks already -- Penn State, Nebraska, and Northwestern.

Our tournament fate probably rests on how we complete with the other five teams in the middle. 1-1 so far.

I think you spoke too soon.

Iowa 84 @ OSU 74

I'd rather OSU won that one.

Iowa 84 @ OSU 74

Agreed were gonna get a pissed off Ohio state team at the barn, but then again they might just be a great sum of parts and not a great team, will just have to see. Anyways Iowa will be a top 15 team on Monday, probably 13 or 12 ish

Aaron Craft, like Ohio St., is overrated. Both are good, neither are great, and both get too much hype.

The Gophers can beat Ohio State.

Iowa 84 @ OSU 74

WOW....nice win by Iowa. Ohio State was up 8 or so at the time that I wrote the earlier post. Iowa has been the fashionable pick by many to have a really nice finish. I've been a little late to the party on them, but that is definitely a marquee win.

22-15 at halftime in the NU vs Illinois game. I swear Illinois has put up some of the ugliest halftime scores over the past few years.

NU doing their best to throw it away. Crawford is the anti-clutch player.

Crawford comes through at the FT line to seal the win for NU.

Ugly, low-scoring game. Was Bruce Weber guest-coaching Illinois tonight?

Gophers might beat Northwestern by 50 if they press the whole game.

So much for that theory. Iowa over Ohio State is a very nice win for the Hawkeyes. Northwestern over Illinois is a very nice win for the Gophers.

So much for that theory. Iowa over Ohio State is a very nice win for the Hawkeyes. Northwestern over Illinois is a very nice win for the Gophers.

tumblr_m6h7wzPCoH1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Aaron Craft, like Ohio St., is overrated. Both are good, neither are great, and both get too much hype.

The Gophers can beat Ohio State.

You know, I agree that Aaron Craft is overrated. Most OSU fans would take issue with that, but in reality while Craft gives great effort, he is more of a supplemental player on a college team, a guy you want to pair with a great scorer like Sullinger or Buford or Thomas (or all 3 at once!). But if you take away the great scorer and have to rely on Craft to score or make plays offensively in big games, you start losing because he's not very skilled from an offensive standpoint. I don't think you can be considered a true star when you don't even try to shoot the ball in big games. And Craft has shot like 50% at the foul line in big moments. LeBron gets jeers for passing in key moments while averaging 30, Craft averages barely 9 ppg, passes the ball almost the whole game and rarely tries to shoot yet he gets universal praise because of his effort and on-ball defense. I for one won't be dinging OSU in the preseason next year for not having Craft when they will replace him with younger but more talented players. For crying out loud, there was a moment in the Iowa game yesterday where Craft drove directly under the basket and didn't even look at taking a shot, when he could've easily made a reverse layup at least. Definitely frustrating to watch Craft at times offensively.

This OSU team is going to struggle against teams that dare Craft and Scott to shoot as long as they are both still poor and/or hesitant perimeter shooters. Clearly that combo is great defensively, but offensively they struggle against zone defenses with those two at the top and need to try to avoid playing them together. This team may be Matta's worst team since 2009 but they still have time to improve some and I don't think they're all that far off from being another team pretty similar in quality to what they were last year or 2010.

But as a team, I wouldn't say they are overrated at #9 or #11 in the country this season, which are the current rankings or so I heard. They still have a solid club though they probably were overrated at #3 which was where they were when you posted.

Not a Big Ten game, but good to see the ole Cyclones go down at home against Kansas. Hopefully Vaughn was watching. ;)

Top Bottom