Other B1G Games Thread

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
Iowa is going to be tough this year. They're really giving it to Wisconsin at the Kohl Center.

Iowa has a really nice team. Very athletic, skilled, and deep. They have pretty good size too.

Long ways to go but if Iowa can steal a road win here, they may be as good as a third place team, as I still think this is an MSU v OSU year for conference champ. Sorry Bo, don't complain about a top 4 B1G team. Because of Iowa's depth, they seem like a tough match up for Gophers.

Damn, Iowa is good. I want to like them more than a border rival should. They are fun to watch.

I don't see much difference between this UW team and the last 5 UW teams. Top 20, not top 10 material.

I don't see much difference between this UW team and the last 5 UW teams. Top 20, not top 10 material.

This is definitely their best team in a while, but I agree, they probably aren't a top 5 team. I'd say top 15.

They have a ridiculously generous schedule though. They only play MSU and tOSU once, both at the Kohl Center.

I'll be curious to see how we go up against Wisconsin defensively. Man to man is kind of out of the question because Kaminski would force EE to the perimeter, but if you go zone, Wisconsin can really light you up.

Fran is an idiot. Ridiculous to react like that. Cost his team the lead.

Fran has had this brewing since last year. He thinks they get jobbed by the officials in Madison because of how Ryan works. I don't like the Grinch, but I like some of the players so I'm always torn when I watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fran deserves more than 1 game for that tantrum. It'll be interesting what happens by the league.

Also, I wonder if DJ Newbill will be supsended for his punch/slap to Kendrick Nunn of Illinois. Would be a big help for the Gophers playing in Happy Valley if we wasn't on the floor.

Man, Hayes is a beast. He reminds me of Mbakwe.

Fran has had this brewing since last year. He thinks they get jobbed by the officials in Madison because of how Ryan works. I don't like the Grinch, but I like some of the players so I'm always torn when I watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So does every other coach who's come through Madison in the Bo era. It's no reason to react the way he did.

After today's game and and another terrible officiating performance, there may be a run on technicals this year.

Good for Fran. The officials were brutal. No way the Skunks should win that game. I also hope Fran comments on these PO S'S (.He'll get fined ) and the game is reviewed.

I've always hoped to watch a replay of slapshot at the Kohl center. Right from the tip. Jump up and instead punch the guy in the face. If Mo still weighed 300lbs he could 'trip and fall' into the bench or take out the grinch.

Ohio State at MSU on ESPN right now. Adrien Payne is questionable, he may play but won't start. This will be one of the games that helps decide the conference champion.

MSU/OSU

MSU blows 17 pt. lead and OSU should have won at the buzzer. MSU wins in OT Makes me feel better after we almost lost that 19 pt lead..

Fun game to watch glad I didn't Shut it off when msu was up 17. Wow was izzo mad at his guys I honestly think I would be scared to play for the guy How much he gets up in there face and grabs there jerseys!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Fun game to watch glad I didn't Shut it off when msu was up 17. Wow was izzo mad at his guys I honestly think I would be scared to play for the guy How much he gets up in there face and grabs there jerseys!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

What did he do exactly? I heard Dakich talking about it but didn't see it. Knight-esque?

What did he do exactly? I heard Dakich talking about it but didn't see it. Knight-esque?

He grabbed the front of Valetine's shirt and pulled him in for a face-to-face. Red as a beet!

Having seen OSU, MSU and Bucky all play now in meaningful games, I think the athleticism of both MSU and OSU will give the Badgers fits. Bucky is somewhat like us (only better), that if the perimeter shots are falling, they are a very tough team to take out. Craft might be the best defender I have ever seen and probably gets more out of his basketball skills than anyone in the country...fun to watch.

The panoramic shot ESPN had of the entire arena participating in unison was priceless. I think Sparty Nation enjoyed their Rose Bowl experience.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/01/watch_michigan_states_travis_j.html

Not trying to be "glass half empty" here, but if they tried that at Williams Arena.....it would probably include about two rows of barnyard animals, a bunch of eight year olds, and a couple of band members. Atmosphere looks like it is waaay different there. But maybe that comes with celebrating Rose Bowl championships, instead of 20 year season ticket holders. OK....I'm better.

How is Illinois ranked 23rd? They have no flow on offense and basically pass around the perimeter and Jack a 3 , or try and go one on one. Down 20 to a typical Badger team.

How is Illinois ranked 23rd? They have no flow on offense and basically pass around the perimeter and Jack a 3 , or try and go one on one. Down 20 to a typical Badger team.

Don't get me wrong.....the Badgers look pretty good, but Illinois looks terrible. Out of place on defense and their offense is off. They can not buy a bucket.

Top Bottom