Maresh's brother goes to Vikings, plus...

well. 3 already made a roster.. and possibly Roehl and Schommer FOR SURE.

Dahl, Mays and Drago are on rosters as we speak.

Roehl will play in Seattle.

Schommer is likely to play in Titans.

Ramon Humber is the most talented athlete, im guessing he will be a possibility.

Kole Heckendorf put up a 4.33 40 for the pro scouts and is off to green bay.

So I guess we'll see.

MASON MISSED ALL OF THESE PLAYERS, THANK GOD MASON IS GONE!! but Brewster will overlook these types of kids too, and I surely hope he doesnt.

Make sure you come back and update us on how all these dudes are doing after training camp is over (if they're still around). I'm sure everybody will be on pins and needles waiting to hear. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ramon Humber is the most talented athlete, im guessing he will be a possibility.

So I guess we'll see.

MASON MISSED ALL OF THESE PLAYERS, THANK GOD MASON IS GONE!! but Brewster will overlook these types of kids too, and I surely hope he doesnt.

".. and possibly Roehl and Schommer FOR SURE." -Classic lakes, classic. BTW You've never responded about the baseball game. 8-1 Goodguys!

To FargoBison: I'm not sure why you were given such a hard time, but I can say I appreciated your posts. We did miss on some of your players. That is the risk. Nobody has a crystal ball. While in HS, I played against one of your best receivers in the 80's. He went on to play in and win a SuperBowl. The Gophers thought he was too small. Oh well. You can't win them all.

Cheers!

So I guess we'll see.

Wow with all this talent you'd think the Bison could have beaten South Dakota St. last year. I hear that Brookings is right up there with the Swamp as far as tough places to play, though ...

grammar-nazi2.jpg

Is this what we've resorted to? Name-calling without actually contributing anything of substance?

Well, in that case...you're a poopyhead!

Is this what we've resorted to? Name-calling without actually contributing anything of substance?

Well, in that case...you're a poopyhead!

Guy, are you serious? first you call someone a douche and then turn around and make a douchebag statement in the next breath. when you are called on it you claim that a) there is some sort of thing as proper english usage and b) imply that you are going to be policing proper usage on this board. that is the definition of grammar nazi. how much more substantive could i have been than letting a witty picture do the talking?

i am tired of making logical arguments with you. unless i have misused a comma, or you want to make sure i know the proper usage for a semicolon then let us stop playing who's smarter than who--or is it whom?!?!?!?

8 NDSU BISON NOW!!!

FB TYLER JANGULA signed by NO SAINTS today. even i mite be speechless!!!

good luck to all AND the gopher players in camp this week!!!!!!

Lakes...Really?

Player Position(s) Draft Class Team
Marion Barber III Running Back 2005 Dallas Cowboys
Tyrone Carter Safety 2000 Pittsburgh Steelers
Greg Eslinger Center 2006 Houston Texans
Ben Hamilton Offensive Guard 2001 Denver Broncos
Michael Lehan Cornerback 2003 Miami Dolphins
Rhys Lloyd Kicker Undrafted in 2005 Carolina Panthers
Laurence Maroney Running Back 2006 New England Patriots
Anthony Montgomery Defensive Tackle 2006 Washington Redskins
Logan Payne Wide Receiver Undrafted in 2007 Seattle Seahawks
Darrell Reid Defensive Tackle Undrafted in 2005 Indianapolis Colts
Gary Russell Running Back Undrafted in 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers
Mark Setterstrom Offensive Guard 2006 St. Louis Rams
Matt Spaeth Tight End 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers
Thomas Tapeh Running Back 2004 Minnesota Vikings
Ben Utecht Tight End Undrafted in 2004 Cincinnati Bengals
Stylez White Defensive End 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Dominique Barber Safety 2008 Houston Texans
Ernie Wheelwright Wide Receiver Undrafted in 2008 Baltimore Ravens

The proof is in the pudding my friend, but if want to keep running your mouth feel free to post notable Bison that have been drafted into the NBA within the last decade.

I think it's fair to say that you have worn out your welcome my friend. You act is getting old, and if I have to read another post with CAPS on I might puke. So run along young man it's past your bed time.

It is pretty sad as a Gopher fan to see a D1 AA team up the road producing better at this point. That should start changing with this next season.

there is some sort of thing as proper english usage

The fact that you truly think there is no such thing as proper English tells me all I need to know. I will accordingly discredit your contributions even more thoroughly than I had already.

What I really want to know is: why does lakesdouche continue his feeble attempts at ingratiating himself by claiming he's a Gopher fan, when it is obvious that he is nothing more than a Herd troll with a lame agenda of claiming superiority based on ONE victory over the WORST TEAM in the history of Gopher football? (Or, at best, second-worst behind 1983.)

Enjoy your moment in the sun, troll. When Bohl dupes a bigger program into giving him the reins, you will quickly descend back into mediocrity and never contend for anything ever again.

And I am perplexed that you keep touting these "free-agent signings" as though they mean anything. They are completely and totally meaningless. Come back and talk to me when any of these guys make a 53-man roster. Oh, that's right, they won't - so just don't come back.

Gophers that have made NFL rosters as undrafted free agents (Russell, Payne, Utecht, Wheelwright, etc.) are all much, MUCH better than ANY player the Herd has had in the last decade, at least. And even they had a very difficult time sticking in the league. One or two of your guys, if they're lucky and have an uncommonly good training camp, may end up on a practice squad somewhere.

But to extrapolate that into any kind of equality with the Gophers, now or ever, is foolhardy and laughable. Keep bringing your weak trash in here, and we'll just keep batting it right back up I-94.

Bison Football

My question is:

If the Bison were loaded with so much NFL talent, how did they have such a crappy year last year? I guess it must have been the coaching?

They really count Mays? Two games played with the Eagles...no stats.

This is ridiculous and it needs to stop.

I say Lakesbison should be free to point out how many NDSU players have been drafted, invited to NFL camps, or who have been signed (or whatever) without being attacked. Here is the reason: NDSU is D-1AA.

They may have had one or two players ever who would rather have played there than in the Big Ten. NDSU is not a rival. By posters on here treating them like they ARE -- you are turning this into something it IS NOT. You look like a jackass when you get so offended by NDSU post.

If NDSU has a guy that even gets close to the NFL, someone made a mistake. Especially if it happens in a year where Minnesota will put few (if any) in the NFL, or if those guys are locals. There is ZERO room for debate there.

And while these were mistakes that were made years ago, it is still worth mentioning. Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Will some Gopher fans still be saying "Minnesota kids are just so hard to evaluate" if NDSU joins the WAC and gets into a BCS bowl with a team of 3/4 of the roster consisting of Upper-Midwest guys in a decade?

Impossible? No more impossible than what happened in 2006 and 2007 would have been in 1995.

The thing is that Bohl had at least a few of these players higher than the players that Mason signed, seeing this class send seven to NFL only confirms how bad Mason was at the end of his tenure. That is all I'm saying. It is pretty hard to argue with, it was clear NDSU had better talent in 2008, things changed with Brewster last year but that doesn't change just how bad Mason was.

Can we have Loon and Wren back for this thread only?

THANK YOU GOLDMEMBER.

if you read the first post I did. I wanted you all to know about Sam Maresh's brother and how happy the Maresh family was sunday night. It was really cool.

I hope Minnesota gets all 3 and 4 Star Recruits, and NDSU gets all 2 and 3 star recruits. that will make both fanbases happy.

if you read the first post I did. I wanted you all to know about Sam Maresh's brother and how happy the Maresh family was sunday night. It was really cool.

If that is what you wanted us to know about, what was the purpose of the part I highlighted in red?

Sam Maresh's brother Mike from NDSU was just invited monday morning to Vikings mini-camp.

thats 7 NDSU football players now.

Nick Schommer S (prescott wisc) drafted in 7th by Titans.

Tyler Roehl (you remember him, right?) Signed with Seattle

Jeremiah Wurzbacher Signed with San Diego

Ramon Humber Signed with Indy

Kole Heckendorf & Joe Lardinos Signed with Packers.

Great day to be a Bison.

Craig Dahl - St Louis

Joe Mays - Philly

Mike Drago - Indy

That's 10 in last 2 years.!!!

For the record, I also agree with Goldmember that you should be able to point out all the NDSU/NFL facts you want. I just don't see why it is belongs on a forum which is suppose to be about Gopher football. Unless you are out fishing.

You guys REALLY have a SYNDROME, my gosh.

IT WAS FOR THE MARESH FAMILY!!!! one of the gopher players, WHO's BEEN IN THE NEWS, with his health problems.

and how wonderful this is for his family, and he was a HUGE part of this great NDSU class that MASON abandoned.

IM SORRY, IM SORRY, if it pains you that much.

IT WAS FOR THE MARESH FAMILY!!!! one of the gopher players, WHO's BEEN IN THE NEWS, with his health problems.

and how wonderful this is for his family, and he was a HUGE part of this great NDSU class that MASON abandoned.

Go back and read your first post. The first line was about him getting invited to mini camp, then 15 lines about NDSU football. If you really started this thread to talk about Maresh and his family, then why write the other stuff?

It's becoming apparent that what one of your Bison cohorts said about you is true: That you've been banned by your own website, hence the presence on our board.

And even if this isn't the case, the only one who has a syndrome around here is you. You post something about how great the Bison are compared to the Gophers at every turn. That's called "Little Man Syndrome" and it appears to be your syndrome du jour.

NDSU football continues to shine. It is a great story. They recruit Minnesota which I love and they represent themselves well when given the opportunity. They showed up bigtime when given the opportunity to play the Gophers. It was great that the Gophers gave them the chance to play. I would love to see their kids make it in the NFL. The kids I loathe are the ones who turn down the Gophs to go to Ohio State. Imagine their shame when they play in Mpls wearing Buckeye uniforms.

Top Bottom