Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gall0249 View Post
    Wow didn't even think that the public wouldn't be able to get tickets. I was already looking at rentals on vrbo in San Juan. Anyone know if the public was available to go to the air carrier games or similar games?
    I think the first carrier game was military only. Not sure about some of the follow-up ones the next year, I didn't see those on tv. The games in Germany and South Korea looked to only have soldiers there, but to be honest how many people would go to Germany or South Korea just for a basketball game?

I do recall this though...I remember the announcers discussing it during the game in Germany, but Connecticut had a few players from Germany at the time. I recall the announcers saying the Connecticut players were all given a set number of tickets to the game to give to family members, but the basically all gave them to the German players so their families could see them for a change.

But then again, with this one being within US territory and close to the mainland, it might be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownGopher View Post
    Was just giving you a hard time doc. Wasn't pissed off, hence the smiley face.
    I know that Madtown, I just had to give you some $hit back, I saw the smiley, and thought that maybe coming back the way I did would result in a pissing contest with I poster I enjoy reading. Whatever, Madtown, here's to ya, my friend:
    Lord, help me be the person my new Lab pup expects me to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Don View Post
    I know that Madtown, I just had to give you some $hit back, I saw the smiley, and thought that maybe coming back the way I did would result in a pissing contest with I poster I enjoy reading. Whatever, Madtown, here's to ya, my friend:
    Get a room guys.

4. Default

for me this is year not getting Reid really hurts, if we would have gotten him and one other top recruit that we were trying to get i think we would have been actually favored in this game

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    for me this is year not getting Reid really hurts, if we would have gotten him and one other top recruit that we were trying to get i think we would have been actually favored in this game
    I think Josh Martin is going to make us forget about Reid very quickly. Hopefully Carlos Morris is at least as good as Austin next year. If that happens then I really like our team.

6. Default

I think Josh Martin is going to make us forget about Reid very quickly. Hopefully Carlos Morris is at least as good as Austin next year. If that happens then I really like our team.
    I hope for that as well, but I don't think Carlos will be anywhere near as good as Austin NEXT YEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    I hope for that as well, but I don't think Carlos will be anywhere near as good as Austin NEXT YEAR.
    That very well could be, but I'm still hoping. He was a top 150 recruit coming out of high school so I think it is a possibility.

8. Default

Morris is a 4 star on scout

9. Default

That very well could be, but I'm still hoping. He was a top 150 recruit coming out of high school so I think it is a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Morris is a 4 star on scout
    I hope so. Would make the progression of this team next year be very very nice, and elevate expectations for year 2 to where I would expect us to be in like year 4.

Positives: nice exposure for the program

Negatives: if the Gophs don't play well, that will color the national media's opinion of the team for the rest of the season.

Richard needs to hustle the old man here. Rick will not want to make his kid look bad so he will let the game stay close. Richards has our boys look bad enough that the Cardinals get lax. With 5 min to go our guys turn it on and defeat the Cardinals.

Minnesota Fats would be proud.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gall0249 View Post
    Wow didn't even think that the public wouldn't be able to get tickets. I was already looking at rentals on vrbo in San Juan. Anyone know if the public was available to go to the air carrier games or similar games?
    Don't look in San Juan IMO. Its the opposite side of the island and traffic is BRUTAL there, especially in San Juan.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by joshvanklomp View Post
    Don't look in San Juan IMO. Its the opposite side of the island and traffic is BRUTAL there, especially in San Juan.
    If you go to Puerto Rico may I suggest visiting a little restaurant called "La Estacion" which is on the Northeast side of the island. If you make the trip down there, spend the time to take a trip into the Rain Forest which Fajardo would be on the way along with a lot of other decent activities in Fajardo.

Anyway, La Estacion had some of the freshest and most delicions Red Snapper I've ever had, caught fresh that day, and cooked on a grill to order. FANTASTIC.

Great rum drinks as well and they had a Nathan's Bacon wrapped hotdog with avocado that was remarkable.

http://laestacionpr.com/eat.shtml

Tweet from Doogie which should be music to the ears of season ticket holders.

@NadineBabu I asked Mike Ellis on 1500 earlier why nobody is showing up. He said schedule. They're working hard on a better one in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by scher215 View Post
    Tweet from Doogie which should be music to the ears of season ticket holders.

@NadineBabu I asked Mike Ellis on 1500 earlier why nobody is showing up. He said schedule. They're working hard on a better one in 2014.
    He said the schedule should grow and the program grows.