Student Season Tickets`

TubbytownUSA

Banned
Reaction score
On sale right now, Gopher Sports crashed

"HTTP/1.1 Too many concurrent users. Please try again later."

Way to go, Gopher ticket office.

I got through.

Looks like they are using assigned seating this year...

Section 119/Row 14/Seat 13 for me.

I would imagine the numbers they give us are arbitrary and due to the limitations of their crappy ticket software.

i got my tickets, did anyone else have a minor problem when selecting the number of tickets? whenever i would click one the number would automaticaly change to 10, and then it wouldnt let me through

That could be the case, but I think I remember it saying GA last year. We'll just have to find out.

I can't get to the site. Same error. If 8000 people or less can't log in at the same time, what kind of crappy ticket service is this?...

i got through after clicking the link 100 times. The system is just flooded with people trying to get tickets. Never said anything about assigning me a seat number, though. Sm, where did you see yours?

Just keep refreshing the error page like mad and you'll get in.

I got assigned a seat number too, but that's just for tracking purposes. They've said many many times that it is general admission.

i got through after clicking the link 100 times. The system is just flooded with people trying to get tickets. Never said anything about assigning me a seat number, though. Sm, where did you see yours?

i got assigned a seat number also, i wonder how fast these tickets are going. Judging by peoples problems it seems pretty fast

...it's NOT ASSIGNED SEATING....the seat numbers are just for counting like previously stated...

i got assigned a seat number also, i wonder how fast these tickets are going. Judging by peoples problems it seems pretty fast

As others have said this is a counting and seat allocation thing not an actual seat. The e-mail said it would be GA. I also wonder how fast it is selling out too though because my number just now (7:28-ish) was Sec 127/Row 34/Seat 20, and since someone else posted they were in the middle of 129, if they're filling by section that means that there are only 2 sections filled so far out of like 16, which is slow and probably true. On the other hand if the seating algorithm is filling by best possible, that means the lower bowl is practically sold out already. Which would be good news.

On the other hand if the seating algorithm is filling by best possible, that means the lower bowl is practically sold out already. Which would be good news.

My buddys seat they gave him was 121/28 20

So I am guessing best seat available method.....or random seat available method:confused:

My buddys seat they gave him was 121/28 20

So I am guessing best seat available method.....or random seat available method:confused:
Wow. I guess that's good news for the ticket office... They've likely sold out the lower bowl and are on their way to filling the rest of the 8000.

Wow. I guess that's good news for the ticket office... They've likely sold out the lower bowl and are on their way to filling the rest of the 8000.

When we start to hear about sections in the two hundreds, then ill assume they sold out the lower bowl.

I got mine at 7:40 and it was sec125/row17.

Got my ticket! I must say I was impressed by how easy it was. I had some trouble getting in initially but I assume the system was flodded by students...which is exciting!

Regarding the seat locations, the student season ticket info page stated "The seat location on your invoice is for office use only, all student section seats are general admission"

From previous posts it seems like it fairly easy for everyone to buy their ticket. Curious about others purchasing "experience"?

Can't wait to rock TCF!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the ticket office reserved the 2,000 freshman tickets first in the front, to make sure they would have enough, and that's why there seemed to be so many seats already purchased.

My girlfriend got her tickets at 8am, and it said row section 125 row 30, which would still be a lot of tickets sold.

Isn't today Spring Jam too? I would have to imagine a lot of students are sleeping off last night before getting tickets knowing that they are GA and assuming they won't sell out in the first couple hours.

I just checked and it's picking seats in the upper deck now. I really wish I could be buying some.

GO GOPHERS!

I've been trying to access the site for over 30 minutes now and can't get through. What a great system!

FINALLY! Took almost 1 hour to get all the way through. I know its GA, but my seat 'assignment' was row 2 in the upper deck. Must be selling pretty good.

I've been trying to access the site for over 30 minutes now and can't get through. What a great system!

One of my buddies was having the same problem. He called the ticket office and they suggested trying a different browser and/or exiting the browser completely and going back in.

So, at the end of the day 1, how many student tickets do we think were sold? Anyone know for sure?

That is phenomenal, a great showing for student season tickets. I have to think the student section will sell out easily with that many having sold on the first day.

More than 6000 sold

From the MN Daily article:

In just two days of sales, students have purchased more Gophers football season tickets than they did for the entire 2008 season... Last year the University sold between 5,000 and 6,000 student season tickets.

The ticket sales for 2009 are more impressive because each student could only buy one ticket, Holck said. In past years including 2008, students could buy two tickets.

http://www.mndaily.com/2009/04/26/more-6000-football-tickets-sold

Update per GopherSports.com

"Fewer than 1,000 of the 8,000 University of Minnesota student season football tickets placed on sale Saturday morning for the Golden Gophers’ inaugural season in TCF Bank Stadium remain available for purchase, athletics department ticket office officials announced Tuesday afternoon."

"Fewer than 1,000 of the 8,000 University of Minnesota student season football tickets placed on sale Saturday morning for the Golden Gophers’ inaugural season in TCF Bank Stadium remain available for purchase, athletics department ticket office officials announced Tuesday afternoon."

Great news! I have to think the remainder will sell still this spring and that freshmen will snap up their allotment next Fall.

Top Bottom