Lou Nanne to lead University of Minnesota Athletics Facilities Campaign

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

Lou Nanne to lead University of Minnesota Athletics Facilities Campaign

Accomplished local executive and former Golden Gopher Athlete to also lead

Athletic Department volunteer leadership council

Minneapolis (December 9, 2013) -- The University of Minnesota announced today that Lou Nanne will lead the Athletic Facilities Fundraising Campaign in an effort to provide Golden Gopher student-athletes with the opportunity and tools they need to succeed in competition and later in life. The $190 million effort will fund new Gopher football and basketball practice facilities, a student-athlete academic and counseling center, nutrition and training tables, Olympic sports facilities, and other training and support needs for the University's athletic programs.

Nanne, a University of Minnesota graduate and Gopher Athletic Hall of Fame member, is also a successful sports executive and businessman, currently serving as Senior Managing Director at RBC Global Asset Management, Inc., in the Twin Cities.

In addition to the facilities campaign, Nanne will lead a new volunteer leadership council that will assist the University Athletic Department in meeting the needs of its student-athletes, coaching staffs and athletic programs on a consistent basis.

"Lou is an unbelievable leader in the community and has represented the University and state in such a way that he was an obvious choice to ask to lead this campaign and new volunteer leadership council," said Director of Athletics Norwood Teague. "We are flattered and grateful that Lou has accepted this opportunity and we look forward to working arm in arm with him in this endeavor."

"The University of Minnesota provided me with an enormous opportunity as a young student-athlete and launched me on a course that I could never have imagined when I first stepped foot on this campus," said Nanne. "I now look forward to helping this University provide that same support and opportunity to future generations of Gopher student-athletes and Minnesotans."

In this role, Nanne will work closely with the athletic department to build additional support for the University and its athletic programs among highly-influential and motivated Minnesotans.

“Lou’s tireless and passionate support for this University are widely known and respected,” said University of Minnesota President Eric Kaler. “This is further recognition of an alumnus and community leader who has continually gone above and beyond for this institution.”

There is not a set term attached to Nanne’s volunteer leadership role and it will be effective immediately.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom