All Things Gary Trent Jr. Thread - Trent, Wendell Carter Talk Package Deal in Hot Tub

I have been imploring pitino to offer this kid for several months now....this waiting on his part is all to tubbyish

Not gonna get excited about this kid because of the Ohio State connection, but hopefully the older in-state guys become Gophers so we can have a better shot with him.

Not gonna get excited about this kid because of the Ohio State connection, but hopefully the older in-state guys become Gophers so we can have a better shot with him.

A lot can happen in the next 2 years! Especially when dealing with a 15 year old kid. Stay patient. :)

well boys pitino will eventually wise up and offer Gary ...Being ahead of the curve does get some of the sheep here riled up... You will all be eating crow when Gary gets the offer I first determined him worthy of.

well boys pitino will eventually wise up and offer Gary ...Being ahead of the curve does get some of the sheep here riled up... You will all be eating crow when Gary gets the offer I first determined him worthy of.

Anyone who has seen him play knows he deserves an offer and will get one. I don't think anyone is doubting that.

You will all be eating crow when Gary gets the offer I first determined him worthy of.

I've said that for 1 1/2 years at least, don't act like you know anything other than the obvious. Like the poster above, if you have seen him live, its a no-brainer.

lolz

Word has it Papa Trent is a major pain in the rear to deal with. Hopefully Pitino and his young staff can handle Gary Jr.'s old man.

No body said he wasn't worthy

Look hip thrust, I don't know why you keep setting yourself up for mockery...just stick to what you know. Not sure what that is but it aint basketball.

Per Matt Jessen-Howard, the Gophers have offered Trent.

Coach Pitino and staff were smart to offer him early.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash">#Gophers</a> offered a scholarship to Gary Trent Jr today (<a href="https://twitter.com/THAT_KID_GARY">@THAT_KID_GARY</a>) - 2017 class from Apple Valley.</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/483067927659151362">June 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Truly bless to have got an offer from the University of Minnesota &#55357;&#56396;&#55357;&#56846;&#55356;&#57280;&#55357;&#56840;&#55357;&#56911; <a href="http://t.co/qsdptjuZjB">pic.twitter.com/qsdptjuZjB</a></p>— GARY TRENT JR (@THAT_KID_GARY) <a href="https://twitter.com/THAT_KID_GARY/statuses/483043007608807429">June 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Glad we did it early. Jarvis seemed pretty irritated when it took that long to get an offer.

Way to listen to the Brain Trust Pitino....06-14-2014, 05:31 PM #38 The Brain Trust The Brain Trust is offline

Way to listen to the Brain Trust Pitino....06-14-2014, 05:31 PM #38 The Brain Trust The Brain Trust is offline

You're a genius... Go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back why don't ya? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is now unquestionably confirmed that Pitino takes recruiting advice from six year olds on an Internet forum. Neat.

We all thought he would. You were simply mocked for saying Pitino should listen to anything you have to say.

You should be some sort of SCOUT! or something. By the way, I think every single person who saw him play thought he was good enough to get a scholarship. You aren't special, and Pitino didn't "listen" to you.

Gotta give credit where credit's due...nice call! I think you're going places young man; we'll have our eyes on you.

Marcus blog: Gophers recruiting: Richard Pitino offers scholarship to 2017 guard Gary Trent Jr.

The son of former Timberwolves forward Gary Trent is a 6-foot-4 long distance shooter with a developing all-around game. His frame is obviously different from his 6-8, 250-pound father who was a physically intimidating low-post presence years ago.

But the younger Trent ranks as a five-star recruit after averaging 10 points a game last season as a freshman starter, which included 12 points against Jahlil Okafar’s Whitney Young team in a loss on ESPN.

Trent’s first scholarship offer actually came from former Gophers coach Tubby Smith, now at Texas Tech. But there are many more sure to come once he continues to shine with Howard Pulley’s AAU program this summer.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...fers-scholarship-to-2017-guard-gary-trent-jr/

Go Gophers!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Vfl52cuhvlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gophers team camp highlights

Top Bottom