All Things Gary Trent Jr. Thread - Trent, Wendell Carter Talk Package Deal in Hot Tub

GophersOnTheRise

Reaction score
Might as well start this now. Upset I couldn't make the Apple Valley vs De La Salle game, but I read a tweet that said he had 11 points with 5 minutes left in the first half. From the little bit of him I've seen, he's an impressive scorer and looks like he could be a big time player. If we aren't recruiting him now, we will be soon. Son of the former Timberwolf. Anyone at the game tonight who can comment on his performance?

he played in the clash of the classes but thats about it that i know of him, what school does he go to?

Freshman for Apple Valley. I believe he had 18 points last night against De La Salle.

Was at the game last night, kid appeared to be a lights out shooter. I didn't even know who he was coming in, I'm shocked he is just a freshman.

Half of Tyus' assists came on spot up threes to Trent Jr. If not more.

Was at the game last night, kid appeared to be a lights out shooter. I didn't even know who he was coming in, I'm shocked he is just a freshman.

Half of Tyus' assists came on spot up threes to Trent Jr. If not more.

That was my impression of him too. Very good shooter and overall scorer. Seemed like a solid athlete too. Only seen him play once though. Might be a big time prospect.

AV needs some more talent. Any 8th graders who can play????

Chance to check out Trent Jr, Bertram, and any other potential future Apple Valley prospects tonight at 6 on ESPN 2 against Whitney Young(IL).

he retweeted this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Watching future Gophers <a href="https://twitter.com/BertramBrock">@BertramBrock</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/THAT_KID_GARY">@THAT_KID_GARY</a> represent Apple Valley, Minnesota... ESPN2 tonight!</p>— HeHateMe (@HeHateMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/HeHateMN/statuses/411253129112330240">December 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trent Jr. looked pretty good tonight, definitely a prospect to keep an eye on and wouldn't be suprised if he has a Gopher offer by the end of this season.

Yes, but does he have a cool nickname like his Dad?

Don't forget - Gary Trent was the "Shaq of the MAC."

pretty impressive sounds like he already has a spot on the Top Pulley 17 year old team...playing up 2 years. Alex Illkainen joins Pulley this seaon . Trent seems to favor Ohio St at this point.

Where did it say that?

I forget who the source was, but Trent told a reporter that he's grown up an Ohio St. fan and said he's heard quite a bit from Matta's staff. Gary Sr. played at Ohio and was born and raised in Ohio.

Hopefully Pitino has the program on the rise by 2016. God knows Pulley will be pushing him to Ohio State or another out of state Blue Blood.

One of Gary Sr.'s teammates at Ohio is currently an assistant at OSU. Jeff Boals.

For whatever that is worth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lvOhadb4Kmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big-time recruit come 2017

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VfuUIoWd_a8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Another video of the silky smooth GTJr.

Top Bottom