All Things Gary Trent Jr. Thread - Trent, Wendell Carter Talk Package Deal in Hot Tub

Richard Coffey knows college basketball and he has been preparing Amir since birth. That means he also recognizes that Gopher Basketball (his love) will be a premier national program while Amir plays here. I like our chances. Better than 50-50. Only a meltdown this hurts that. That would mean a lot of injuries. Unlikely. We have a great conditioning program. Look how they are building BB players! NBA caliber? Coming right up!

Richard Coffey knows college basketball and he has been preparing Amir since birth. That means he also recognizes that Gopher Basketball (his love) will be a premier national program while Amir plays here. I like our chances. Better than 50-50. Only a meltdown this hurts that. That would mean a lot of injuries. Unlikely. We have a great conditioning program. Look how they are building BB players! NBA caliber? Coming right up!

I don't disagree.

I don't mind you're enthusiasm towards the future under Pitino, but the fact of the matter is the Gophers could be a premier national program in a few years while schools like UNC, Kentucky, and Kansas are established premier national programs. Your first sentence is the perfect reason why I think Amir will likely be headed to one of those other schools. It seems to me that Richard's looking for the absolute best opportunity for Amir to make it to the NBA, and while it sucks as a Gopher fan, I can't blame him one bit.

Richard Coffey knows college basketball and he has been preparing Amir since birth.

C'mon, he waited a few days until they got home from the hospital to start preparing him for the NBA -college is just a stepping stone to this crew.

Minnesota and the B1G will be the perfect place for Amir to take that step. It isn't just Pitino. The athletic department is built to bring greatness to this program. Some of us may still think Maturi is still here. Nope. Kaler demands a national powerhouse and Woody, Rich and crew will deliver. Pony up some $$$ for the new facility and ROCK THE BARN!!!

BTW, glad you don't mind my enthusiasm. Get on this bandwagon!

So you still think we are the front runner or are at least in serious consideration, correct?

Front runner is probably strong. But I'll say yes, this early in the process, we have as good as a chance as anyone else in my opinion.

If you listed off 10 schools and us, I'd give them all 9 and give us 10%

With Trent Minnesota HS basketball can play a powerful role in supplying talent to the Gophers as a true power. Jarvis, Alex, Amir, Trent Jr. A solid base for great team. We need a very good year... this year.

Didn't that criteria only come from dad? I'm sure Amir will make his own decision based on his own criteria.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Providence offered a scholarship to Apple Valley 2017 guard Gary Trent Jr., a <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash">#Gophers</a> target.</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/496008266133286912">August 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I'm too lazy to link, but if you go to his twitter he's been re-tweeting a ton of gopher fans saying he should commit. Probably doesn't mean much, but nice to see nonetheless.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I'll be in the building tomorrow for Apple Valley opener. Hopefully some freshman year to sophomore year improvement from Trent.

Trent had 21 points (19 in the first half) 5 rebounds and 2 turnovers today in the season opening 90-73 win over Chaska.

3 first half 3 balls off the catch and shoot. Very good off the catch and shoot. Noticably bigger. Definitely been in the weight room lifting. Still growing into his body. Wide broad shoulders on him. Played more confident than last season. Up to 6'5". Tomohawk dunk in transition. A couple drives off the bounce and a few set plays with him hitting fade aways in the post.

A little 3 ball reliant. Would like to see more dribble game and middle game off the pull up. Struggled shooting in the second half missing 5 straight 3 balls. Continues to look like the major prospect everyone thinks he is.

Trent dropped 44 tonight against Minnetonka High, a top 10 ranked AAAA team in the state. He had 28 at half time. He's an absolute MONSTER. Assertive, pull up 3's, 3's off the catch, 3's off the bounce. He's so long and big he can post up smaller guards. A showtime dunk in transition. Hard to believe he's only a sophomore. Light years better than last year. He's developed at a rapid rate. Wow.

Go Gophers!!

Trent had 26 and 9 boards in a win. Continues to ooze potential and ability.

It's incredible how much he's improved in the past year. At this rate he'll be one of the best MN high school players of all time by his senior year, and that's not a joke.

Top Bottom