All Things Gary Trent Jr. Thread - Trent, Wendell Carter Talk Package Deal in Hot Tub

Trent dropped 46 points on Chanhassen tonight, breaking Tyus' single game scoring record for Apple Valley.

Trent dropped 46 points on Chanhassen tonight, breaking Tyus' single game scoring record for Apple Valley.

and did it in 23 minutes of playing time! We could be looking at the #1 recruit in the country by his senior year. I don't think there is any chance of him going to the Gophers - but let's face it, this kid is a one-and-done, so at most, the Gophers would get one year of his services.

and did it in 23 minutes of playing time! We could be looking at the #1 recruit in the country by his senior year. I don't think there is any chance of him going to the Gophers - but let's face it, this kid is a one-and-done, so at most, the Gophers would get one year of his services.

In 23 minutes? That's outrageous. Anyone know his shooting stats for that game?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Gary Trent Jr., the Apple Valley junior basketball star, already has 15 college offers, including Duke and Minnesota. The 6-6, 210-pound son of the 6-8, 250-pound former Timberwolves forward can begin making recruiting visits next month. The younger Trent has made unofficial visits to Duke, Kentucky and Minnesota.

Trent's college decision could be affected by other players' decisions, his father said.

"In order to win a national championship nowadays, you probably need two other NBA-bound players to form your big three," the elder Trent said.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...farmington-golfer-sammy-schmitzs-masters-goal

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Gary Trent Jr., the Apple Valley junior basketball star, already has 15 college offers, including Duke and Minnesota. The 6-6, 210-pound son of the 6-8, 250-pound former Timberwolves forward can begin making recruiting visits next month. The younger Trent has made unofficial visits to Duke, Kentucky and Minnesota.

Trent's college decision could be affected by other players' decisions, his father said.

"In order to win a national championship nowadays, you probably need two other NBA-bound players to form your big three," the elder Trent said.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...farmington-golfer-sammy-schmitzs-masters-goal

Go Gophers!!

Coffey and Murphy? :)

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Apple Valley's Trent mixes innate skills, dad's basketball drive

rent exploded on the national scene this summer, a breakout that saw him lead a top-tier AAU circuit in scoring, earn MVP honors in an international tournament for USA Basketball and receive scholarship offers from Duke, Kentucky and Kansas.

Recruiting analysts rank Trent among the nation's top juniors. He's averaging 28.3 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.9 steals per game this season.

Trent makes no secret of his desire to follow in his dad's footsteps and play in the NBA, as quickly as possible. He admits he'd love to be a "one-and-done" college player, if he continues to develop and that becomes an option.

http://www.startribune.com/apple-va...nate-skills-dad-s-basketball-drive/366934811/

Go Gophers!!

Do we have any idea if Pitino is even feigning interest or the possibility that Trent would come here?

Would a really strong next year (which is a stretch) be enough to get Trent interested? Or is he committing even before tip off next season so he's definately a lost cause?

I can dream of Trent coming in here and playing with Amir as a Sophomore, Nate as a Senior and Murph as a Junior.... By that time hopefully Lynch and BK are serviceable enough to provide screens and rebounds and that would be any Gopher fan wet dream....

Do we have any idea if Pitino is even feigning interest or the possibility that Trent would come here?

Would a really strong next year (which is a stretch) be enough to get Trent interested? Or is he committing even before tip off next season so he's definately a lost cause?

I can dream of Trent coming in here and playing with Amir as a Sophomore, Nate as a Senior and Murph as a Junior.... By that time hopefully Lynch and BK are serviceable enough to provide screens and rebounds and that would be any Gopher fan wet dream....

Seems like it would be more likely he would be a spring signing (like many of the other top 25 in a given year) to see how the scholarship situation pans out at some of the big schools once all the early declarations take effect. But what do I know.....

If were going to have any shot at Trent Jr he would need to drag it out until the Spring and will need to have a good season to show that we can put a potentially great team on the floor with him for his one and done campaign. Even then it'll be tough for him to pass up on the blue bloods. My guess is Pitino will sign two in the fall and if Trent JR doesn't sign he'll stay in contact and let him know that he has a spot and will make room. I'll give our odds the GW patent 2 percent. Pollyanna!

If were going to have any shot at Trent Jr he would need to drag it out until the Spring and will need to have a good season to show that we can put a potentially great team on the floor with him for his one and done campaign. Even then it'll be tough for him to pass up on the blue bloods. My guess is Pitino will sign two in the fall and if Trent JR doesn't sign he'll stay in contact and let him know that he has a spot and will make room. I'll give our odds the GW patent 2 percent. Pollyanna!

We have one available scholarship at the moment. Can't sign two in the fall with even an inkling of a chance at Trent. That would mean you would have to have 2 defections that year, who would that be?

We have one available scholarship at the moment. Can't sign two in the fall with even an inkling of a chance at Trent. That would mean you would have to have 2 defections that year, who would that be?

I know we only have one and that's why I don't think we chase anyone off after this year, we wait for the class of 17. To get to two, I am thinking three years of Gaston will be enough, he'll be stuck behind Lynch and Konote his senior year, they'll encourage him to move on, they might encourage him to move on after this year, and bank his scholly. That gets us to two. Sign two guys in the fall and if Trent JR wants to come here you make room. Plus guys leave all the time, wouldn't shock me to have someone no one would think would leave transfer. Hope not, but it's the culture of today's game. Pitino's even said that he anticipates taking two guys in 2017

Eliminate any scenario of Trent coming here. Not going to happen. Wendell Carter is not coming here, therefore Trent is not. Move on from this idea.

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Three sources told Sports Headliners Gary Trent Jr., the highly recruited Apple Valley High School shooting guard, is considering a prep school in 2016-2017. He has apparently visited at least two prep schools and one of them might be national basketball power Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nevada.

Trent, who is finishing his junior year at Apple Valley, may want to compete against better and stronger players in practice by playing for a prep school. Already considered a potential NBA prospect, Trent is physically strong and has superior strength compared to Eagle teammates.

“I feel a guess is he is headed out (from Apple Valley),” said a source who knows Trent.

Trent, who averaged 26.4 points per game last season, hasn’t selected a college but Ohio State or Duke could be his final choice, the source said.

shamasportsheadliners.com

Go Gophers!!

Don't often hear much on recruits but I have more heard that the reasons for the parting of ways with Apple Valley has to do with things that happened near the end of the season at AVHS

Should be the end of the Apple Valley "dynasty"...if you can even call it that, getting only 2 state championships with the talent they had is pretty woeful. After Tre graduates they should regress to the norm.

Should be the end of the Apple Valley "dynasty"...if you can even call it that, getting only 2 state championships with the talent they had is pretty woeful. After Tre graduates they should regress to the norm.
Ugh. "Only 2 state championships." Do you have any clue how difficult it is to get to state, much less win it? Yes they've had tons of talent, but so do other teams. Not to mention the fact that strange things can happen in a single elimination tourney.

I was in the same class as Tyus and know exactly how difficult it is, lost twice in section finals myself. Two state championships is very VERY impressive, no matter how good you are. But playing those Apple Valley teams twice a year, and watching them more than that, they really did not live up to the talent they had on them. You should win more than one state title with the indisputable best player in the state and a very talented supporting class (Fronk, Austin, Tobroxen early on; Bertram, Kirksey, Trent later on)

Two state championships is very impressive, I just believe they should've had at least one more in the past 6 years.

I was in the same class as Tyus and know exactly how difficult it is, lost twice in section finals myself. Two state championships is very VERY impressive, no matter how good you are. But playing those Apple Valley teams twice a year, and watching them more than that, they really did not live up to the talent they had on them. You should win more than one state title with the indisputable best player in the state and a very talented supporting class (Fronk, Austin, Tobroxen early on; Bertram, Kirksey, Trent later on) Two state championships is very impressive, I just believe they should've had at least one more in the past 6 years.
You know exactly how difficult it is? Not me. I have only managed to come up short. Happy for you that you managed to win one. Congrats.

Top Bottom