All Things Gary Trent Jr. Thread - Trent, Wendell Carter Talk Package Deal in Hot Tub

....I didn't, which I literally said in the next 5 words...

....I didn't, which I literally said in the next 5 words...
Then perhaps neither of us knows exactly how hard it is. Sorry. I guess I got a little distracted when you described it as "woeful" to win only two state championships in six years. I got a little worked up when I detected a condescending tone toward a two time champion. 20 years of coaching probably gives me a different perspective. I probably over-reacted.

per Trent's latest blog on USA Today:

All of the college coaches tell me they’re loving the way that I’m playing right now so that’s good to hear. It makes me want to just keep working harder though.

I think I hear the most from UCLA, Duke and Michigan State. I’m in constant contact with them.

I’m gonna get my last EYBL session out of the way and then I’ll start thinking about getting some visits in. After the season I’ll probably look at cutting my list down.

Of course my man Wendell (Carter) was down in VA and, yes, our package deal is still a go. It’s still 100 percent. We hung out during the Adidas event The Path in Santa Barbara a few weeks ago. We were roommates so it was cool to just hang out and talk about everything.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/the-gar...xfs&st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/XldJYt9QCF

Go Gophers!!

I'm not sure which I'm more tired of, package deals or USA Today giving 17-year-olds a forum to write narcissistic drivel.

I'm not sure which I'm more tired of, package deals or USA Today giving 17-year-olds a forum to write narcissistic drivel.

Agree. That's why I have no interest in following the recruiting scene. Just wake me up when they sign with us and then I'll get interested in them.

"I'm honored and blessed to receive an offer today from ...."

Makes me chuckle every time I see that self-important drivel on Twitter.

Agree 100%. Be humble and work hard, all that needs to be said. Package deal? Who the hell do you think you are kid, all this can be taken away with an injury.

Agree. That's why I have no interest in following the recruiting scene. Just wake me up when they sign with us and then I'll get interested in them.

"I'm honored and blessed to receive an offer today from ...."

Makes me chuckle every time I see that self-important drivel on Twitter.

I think that is cool for the player and their family. It's not everyday you get recruited by major college programs.

I'm not sure we even need a Gary Trent thread any more. He's been out of the picture for over a year now.

Agree 100%. Be humble and work hard, all that needs to be said. Package deal? Who the hell do you think you are kid, all this can be taken away with an injury.

He was asked a question and simply answered it. USA Today sought Trent out and not the other way around.

Yeah! Who wants to go to college with their friends! No one has ever done that before! Ever! Selfish losers!

Yeah! Who wants to go to college with their friends! No one has ever done that before! Ever! Selfish losers!

I think you mean, "Who wants to be a one-and-done with their friends! No one has ever done that before! Ever! Selfish NCAA Champions!"

I think that is cool for the player and their family. It's not everyday you get recruited by major college programs.

Agreed. What a sensation that must be getting recruited by a major. Let the kids enjoy it.

Not sure why he includes Arizona, MSU, and UCLA. Everyone and their uncle knows it'll be Duke or Kentucky. He wouldn't lower himself to anyone else.

Izzo's recruited him hard though, I am surprised Ohio State didn't make it, weren't they an early favorite? Didn't he have an uncle on staff?

Most anti-climactic moment: Trent saying no to the Gophers or Tyus saying no to the Gophers?

Most anti-climactic moment: Trent saying no to the Gophers or Tyus saying no to the Gophers?

Tyus kept us in the mix for longer, but I get the feeling Tubby recruited Tyus pretty hard, where Pitino gave up on Trent earlier and pursued more reasonable targets.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom