***ALL THINGS JALEN SUGGS THREAD*** UPDATED 9/22: Gophers Offer Scholarship

Appreciate the appreciation!

Post of the month nomination.

Seriously, as long as these kids keep saying that the reason they sign with a certain team was because they were on them early, early is just going to keep getting earlier. It's just like the Iowa Caucuses and the New Hampshire primary, which keep getting earlier.

Happy with post of the hour, day or week. Post of the month is too kind.

sixmilliondollarmanfinal.jpg

+

titlecard-bionicwoman.jpg

=

????????????

You know, I was hoping Pitino would be different. We already know that Tubby got a lot of flak for offering players late. Now even Pitino is getting beaten to the punch by freaking UW-Milwaukee? Geez, we're in for a long ride, folks.

MinneSota sarcasm, I get it.

Six million $$ man did interact with Bionic women! Electronic additions to human genetics are not currently breedable. Station 19 your ruining our serious thread! This time we'll make an exception if you come up with a better combination!

Six million $$ man did interact with Bionic women! Electronic additions to human genetics are not currently breedable. Station 19 your ruining our serious thread! This time we'll make an exception if you come up with a better combination!

station19 is already the exception to every rule ever written, so no need to make any stipulations to anything.

station19 is already the exception to every rule ever written, so no need to make any stipulations to anything.

I'm normal, it's the rest of the world that's screwed up.:cool02:

So whats the status on Jalen? Do we have a real shot at this kid?

That was an interesting story--and I'm sure Jalen will be a great player--but that seems a little irresponsible by the media to hype up a kid like that when he's in the class of 2020. I guess that's the norm these days... just hard to get used to.

I know he's just a kid, but it is grating to hear a MN prep describe Tyus Jones as his idol, and the tv announcers gush about how Tyus Jones went to Duke.

So Terrell Suggs actually is his uncle. Still don’t know if he is related to Ricky Suggs.

That was an interesting story--and I'm sure Jalen will be a great player--but that seems a little irresponsible by the media to hype up a kid like that when he's in the class of 2020. I guess that's the norm these days... just hard to get used to.

Especially when numerous high attention kids like that turn out to be nothing. Minnesota has even had a few like that. They don't all turn in to Tyus Jones and Rashad Vaughn.

Why? What exactly did Tyus ever do wrong? Not want to come here? Nobody ever thought he was staying, so it's not like he led us on. IIRC, he said he liked how Tyus handled himself on and off the court. If you find that annoying, you must be annoyed pretty easily.

I know he's just a kid, but it is grating to hear a MN prep describe Tyus Jones as his idol, and the tv announcers gush about how Tyus Jones went to Duke.

Exactly. At least wait til the kid is doing well on varsity, at whatever age that may be.

Especially when numerous high attention kids like that turn out to be nothing. Minnesota has even had a few like that. They don't all turn in to Tyus Jones and Rashad Vaughn.

Hi all,

This hype is all symptomatic of the AAU world. I have seen a few of Jalen's games. He is a good player, but he has a lot of maturing to do. First he shoots most of his teams shots. He is going to get the stats. In every game he is losing he has a complete (and I mean complete) meltdown. I have see him attempt to get in a fight twice in different games with opposing coaches. He is generally not benched for this behavior. He will hopefully grow out if it, but the environment he is in is not helping him.

The funny thing about this early hype is in my opinion he is not even the best player in his class. The FAB team which consistently beats his has at least 1 if not 2 that are just as good if not better. He also plays with Ried Travis's younger brother and he is going to be a BIG and dominant kid.

PolishGopher

Hi all,

This hype is all symptomatic of the AAU world. I have seen a few of Jalen's games. He is a good player, but he has a lot of maturing to do. First he shoots most of his teams shots. He is going to get the stats. In every game he is losing he has a complete (and I mean complete) meltdown. I have see him attempt to get in a fight twice in different games with opposing coaches. He is generally not benched for this behavior. He will hopefully grow out if it, but the environment he is in is not helping him.

The funny thing about this early hype is in my opinion he is not even the best player in his class. The FAB team which consistently beats his has at least 1 if not 2 that are just as good if not better. He also plays with Ried Travis's younger brother and he is going to be a BIG and dominant kid.

PolishGopher

Sounds like you took a moment to promote your team while criticising young Suggs. Who cares about a 7th grade team on a college board. If "FAB" has 2 players better then Suggs they'll be playing Pulley in 2 years anyways!

Hi all,

PolishGopher

you've seen 3 games and he's gotten into 2 almost fights with coaches? his environment must be unhealthy

Another post deleted. Add it to the tally. I have to be in the lead, right?

Ironic that this thread still exists.

Another post deleted. Add it to the tally. I have to be in the lead, right?

Ironic that this thread still exists.

What do you have more of? Posts that have been deleted, or posts bitching about posts deleted?

Suggs expected to start for Minnehaha Academy varsity this year as 7th grader. Would expect him to transfer to Cretin,Hopkins or Tartan after 8th Grade.

Top Bottom