***ALL THINGS JALEN SUGGS THREAD*** UPDATED 9/22: Gophers Offer Scholarship

Is he from St. Paul? There was a Rickey Suggs that was a really good player for St. Paul Central. Can't remember if it was the late 70s or early 80s.

Some may not know this, but Terrell Suggs is a Minneapolis native. Relation?

Who is this kid?

ETA: Ahh, I see the other thread farther down.

Is he from St. Paul? There was a Rickey Suggs that was a really good player for St. Paul Central. Can't remember if it was the late 70s or early 80s.

thats what i was thinking, and terell suggs DE of the ravens was born in Minnesota and lived his childhood here, i always wondered if they were related

Yaaay, you commented on something different for once. I was wondering about this possible relation as well. I remember Suggs being from here since his cousin was a very good player at my high school.

Agreed. I vote close it until he is playing varsity and there is some sort of indication that we are recruiting him.

you do realize that this thread is a joke right? mnsports1 didn't even intend for people to think its a legit thread

you do realize that this thread is a joke right? mnsports1 didn't even intend for people to think its a legit thread

Does it matter? Whether it was meant as a joke or not, some people might take it seriously and I personally think it's kind of weird to have a thread dedicated to someone who was in elementary school last year. Just my opinion. Mods can do what they want and if others want to keep this thread alive, then go for it. Carry on.

By the time we need to recruit this kid, Patino #3 will be visiting him in a plastic car he made with his 4D printer!

According MyRecruitez website the summer league team he played for was coached by Larry Suggs. I assume there is a relationship there and if anyone can link Larry to Terrell or Ricky, that would be the strongest indicator of a relation link.

According MyRecruitez website the summer league team he played for was coached by Larry Suggs. I assume there is a relationship there and if anyone can link Larry to Terrell or Ricky, that would be the strongest indicator of a relation link.

Jalen is related to Terrell Suggs, of the Ravens, and Rickey and Renard Suggs, former Woodbury HS standouts.

It's such an odd thing to me, for colleges to offer athletic scholarships to children whom are this young and might not even have entered into puberty yet, and I have to wonder if that's even 'ethical' or not to pursue youth athletes like that, although it does not violate any rules. It just seems intuitively wrong to me in a fundamental way, to start distracting and hassling these kids with that kind of nonsense at that early of an age, especially since the process of navigating one's way through those early years of adolescence can be so terribly difficult to begin with, and I say that as both a middle school teacher as well as a father. That kind of feeding frenzy around a child that young just seems to me to be indecent, and if any school started bothering one of my children at such a tender age, I'd tell them to go piss straight up a rope and get back to that child once they'd entered high school.

That seems to be the new trend though and unlikely to go away unless there are rules put in place to prevent it, as schools want to be the first in jumping the gun and getting in on talented youngsters ahead of everyone else. It's happening more and more often in football, as in the case of kid QB David Sills, who began to be initially contacted by colleges at the age of 9, recruited heavily by the age of 11, and verbally commited to play at USC during his 6th grade season, and it's been the same thing with Dylan Moses, whom by the age of 12 had received scholarship offers from the likes of Alabama, LSU, Texas, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Florida, UCLA, and Florida State.

I don't know. I just wonder where it's going to end, and if it's really helpful to these children to be doing that to them. I think not, but maybe that's just me.

By the time we need to recruit this kid, Patino #3 will be visiting him in a plastic car he made with his 4D printer!

Post of the month nomination.

Seriously, as long as these kids keep saying that the reason they sign with a certain team was because they were on them early, early is just going to keep getting earlier. It's just like the Iowa Caucuses and the New Hampshire primary, which keep getting earlier.

We need to start an "All Things Players that haven't been born yet" thread. We can speculate on playing potential of theoretical offspring of current recruits and players.

We need to start an "All Things Players that haven't been born yet" thread. We can speculate on playing potential of theoretical offspring of current recruits and players.

I'm all for it. First on the docket: can we get Hollins and Banham to sign over their potential children's eligibility if it would ever get to that point?

Offers to 6th graders are something...

But this is old news. It happened over two months ago when he visited the school.

Top Bottom