***ALL THINGS JALEN SUGGS THREAD*** UPDATED 9/22: Gophers Offer Scholarship

Lol. I really want Gresham anyways, but if it maybe helps our chances with Suggs having Donnell in his ear during his one year here I'm all in!

With his pal and his cousin in the fold already, we are closing in. Jalen will have no choice!

STrib: Five-star junior Jalen Suggs on Gophers: 'They'll always be in the mix'

The five-star Minnehaha Academy junior guard also appreciates the attention he's getting from the hometown Gophers and coach Richard Pitino, who met with Suggs for an in-home visit earlier this month.

"They’re the hometown, and it’s where my family and friends are," Suggs said. "They’ll always be in the mix. They’re headed in the right direction."

Five-star Rochester John Marshall senior Matthew Hurt picked Duke last week, but that won't influence Suggs on whether he'll consider staying home.

"That’s his decision," Suggs said of Hurt. "That’s something he talked with his family about. That’s something he felt was right for him. Me and him are different people. He has his own opinions and I have mine. We’ll see when it comes down to my decision."

What did you talk to Pitino and the Gophers about during their home visit recently?

He kind of steered away from not just talking about basketball but just how things are going right now. When I’m talking to a coach I’m building a relationship. I don’t just want to talk basketball 24-7. He switched it up and kept it real with me. He was just able to have a conversation and make it a good time. I really like that. I definitely will be continuing to develop our relationship, because it’s the hometown. Everyone would love to see it. We’ll see where that goes, but right now I’m just going to continue to enjoy the process.

Did Pitino making the NCAA tournament and beating Louisville make you feel better about the Gophers?

Yeah for sure. They’re definitely going in the right direction. They have a lot of good things going on. They have a great recruiting class last year. They have a good class coming in this year, especially with my cousin, Tre’ (Williams). That’s another close relationship that I have there. They’re the hometown and it’s where my family and friends are. They’ll always be in the mix. They’re headed in the right direction.

What schools are looking at you the hardest right now?

There’s a few like Iowa, Marquette, Gonzaga, Minnesota. There are several more coming in and making me feel like a priority. Just tough to list all of them right now.

http://www.startribune.com/five-sta...phers-they-ll-always-be-in-the-mix/509010702/

Go Gophers!!

I think a hometown recruit will give signs to if they are actually interested or just giving lip service. I believe Suggs for now

I agree. We shouldn't have to worry about Iowa (any kid with hometown pride would not got to Iowa or Wisconsin), and isn't Marquette in a mess with several of the players bailing on the coach? I would think that the Zags would be the major competition. As some would say, time for "the full court press" Pitino!

I agree. We shouldn't have to worry about Iowa (any kid with hometown pride would not got to Iowa or Wisconsin), and isn't Marquette in a mess with several of the players bailing on the coach? I would think that the Zags would be the major competition. As some would say, time for "the full court press" Pitino!

Time for the full court press from Pitino and the hurry up offense from Fleck.

Suggs with the proverbial "pat on the head" for the local squad until Duke, Kentucky, and Carolina turn up the heat.

Suggs with the proverbial "pat on the head" for the local squad until Duke, Kentucky, and Carolina turn up the heat.

No doubt that is what everyone is always going to think until one of them says: "I'm going to try to win a championship right here at home!" I'd like to see Suggs be the guy that changes everything here.

I think a hometown recruit will give signs to if they are actually interested or just giving lip service. I believe Suggs for now

No doubt wishful thinking, but this one feels different from the others for me as well.

One way or another, this is already going better than with the other 5-star guys in the past.

STrib: Five-star junior Jalen Suggs on Gophers: 'They'll always be in the mix'

The five-star Minnehaha Academy junior guard also appreciates the attention he's getting from the hometown Gophers and coach Richard Pitino, who met with Suggs for an in-home visit earlier this month.

"They’re the hometown, and it’s where my family and friends are," Suggs said. "They’ll always be in the mix. They’re headed in the right direction."

Five-star Rochester John Marshall senior Matthew Hurt picked Duke last week, but that won't influence Suggs on whether he'll consider staying home.

"That’s his decision," Suggs said of Hurt. "That’s something he talked with his family about. That’s something he felt was right for him. Me and him are different people. He has his own opinions and I have mine. We’ll see when it comes down to my decision."

What did you talk to Pitino and the Gophers about during their home visit recently?

He kind of steered away from not just talking about basketball but just how things are going right now. When I’m talking to a coach I’m building a relationship. I don’t just want to talk basketball 24-7. He switched it up and kept it real with me. He was just able to have a conversation and make it a good time. I really like that. I definitely will be continuing to develop our relationship, because it’s the hometown. Everyone would love to see it. We’ll see where that goes, but right now I’m just going to continue to enjoy the process.

Did Pitino making the NCAA tournament and beating Louisville make you feel better about the Gophers?

Yeah for sure. They’re definitely going in the right direction. They have a lot of good things going on. They have a great recruiting class last year. They have a good class coming in this year, especially with my cousin, Tre’ (Williams). That’s another close relationship that I have there. They’re the hometown and it’s where my family and friends are. They’ll always be in the mix. They’re headed in the right direction.

What schools are looking at you the hardest right now?

There’s a few like Iowa, Marquette, Gonzaga, Minnesota. There are several more coming in and making me feel like a priority. Just tough to list all of them right now.

http://www.startribune.com/five-sta...phers-they-ll-always-be-in-the-mix/509010702/

Go Gophers!!

Just sign with Gophers and let your buddies come too! Why not, break the old trend of signing with a blue blood. Let’s beat the blue bloods. Go Gophers!

Suggs walks to the beat of a different drummer...did not transfer out of small school and shunned top 2 AAU programs in the State

Suggs walks to the beat of a different drummer...did not transfer out of small school and shunned top 2 AAU programs in the State

Suggs family is heavily involved in the AAU program he plays for which is great the program has provided opportunity for many.

Minnehaha was chosen because they were giving some freedom there within the program. I think they looked into a couple schools who said no thanks to some requests. That’s what I have heard.

Hopefully he picks the Gophers and continues to do his own thing.

I feel like Suggs stays home... I think he’ll have a better supporting cast the earlier he commits if he does stay home (like Oturu or Coughlin).

I feel like Suggs stays home... I think he’ll have a better supporting cast the earlier he commits if he does stay home (like Oturu or Coughlin).

Look at the replies on twitter post from this article. The Grassroots coach Brian Sandifer is there arguing about him not staying home

Look at the replies on twitter post from this article. The Grassroots coach Brian Sandifer is there arguing about him not staying home

Do you mean Brian is arguing that he will stay or that he will go?

Eh looks like he’s just saying each kid shouldn’t stay home just to stay home. Fit is most important. Not sure we can really take issue with that and I think most coaches would say as much. Tough to get a read on Suggs but Gonzaga seems like they’ll be a real player for him before the blue bloods truly put the pressure on him.

Do you mean Brian is arguing that he will stay or that he will go?

I honestly can't tell but it looks like he is saying that staying home shouldn't matter and fit should matter. It seems like it was unnecessary for him to say it. I don't understand his intentions

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'd be shocked if he stayed home. Worse odds than we had with Hurt IMO.

Suggs stays home and starts a trend of local kids committed to creating a powerful brand here at the U and showcasing how much incredible talent this state has to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suggs stays home and starts a trend of local kids committed to creating a powerful brand here at the U and showcasing how much incredible talent this state has to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally like your idea. Suggs needs to start the trend. Get on board and watch the Gophers roll!

I honestly can't tell but it looks like he is saying that staying home shouldn't matter and fit should matter. It seems like it was unnecessary for him to say it. I don't understand his intentions

Unfortunately we are learning what best fit means, "quickest way to NBA and future athletic shoe and apparel endorsement money" for the top 20 recruits.

per Shooter:

Michigan State, which had a basketball coaching staff member at Minnehaha Academy last week, is willing to allow 6-5 Minnehaha Academy quarterback-point guard Jalen Suggs to play both football and basketball if he’ll commit to the Spartans.

Meanwhile, Suggs on Saturday received two more offers, one from new Arkansas coach Eric Musselman and the other from Vanderbilt. Minnehaha Academy’s 7-foot sophomore Chet Holmgren, son of 7-foot former Gopher Dave Holmgren, has received nearly 15 college offers, and 6-5 freshman teammate Prince Aligbe nearly 10. Holmgren on Saturday got an offer from Georgia.

The Gophers have made offers to all three Redhawks.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/27/charley-walters-kyle-rudolph-days-with-vikings-numbered/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Duke got a commitment from 5* Jeremy Roach 2020 PG.

Guess Suggs would pass on Duke now?

Top Bottom