James Winston Alleged Sexual Assault Investigation Dashes Florida State's Title hopes

die hard gopher

Reaction score
http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-foot...NCAA FootballFlorida State UniversityFeatured

Just when you think you are starting to like an athlete because he says and does all the right things, he goes out and does something stupid. Florida State Seminoles quarterback Jameis Winston is being investigated for an alleged sexual assault that took place in December of 2012, according to TMZ. It looks like Famous Jameis is becoming famous for all the wrong reasons now.
If you have seen any college football this season, I bet you have heard this kid’s name as he has been the top quarterback in the nation all season long. As a redshirt freshman, he spent the 2012 season learning behind then-quarterback, EJ Manuel. However, he also spent it doing things that he should have been doing — like allegedly forcing himself upon a girl while being intoxicated, according to the reports.
How does this affect the young superstar and Florida State’s title hopes? Well, if this is true, then it just goes to show that there are no longer any more good guys in sports. This kid seemed to be a well-spoken, good head on his shoulders type of player and that will be ruined with a charge of sexual assault on his name.
Sure, he can shake that image by staying on the straight and narrow from here on out, but there will always be those people who know him for that and that only. Florida State will hope this isn’t true or the reports are false, because without this kid, the offense won’t click the same way.
He has started every game this season and it can be argued that no one is more valuable to his team that Winston. It looks like if he is suspended, the BCS title hopes for the top ACC team will be dashed.
Tough break for the Seminoles and let’s hope this news isn’t true.

The cynical side of me believes this will be a case that will be fully investigated starting in February. The other side of me just shakes my head. There is no doubt if he could have come out into the NFL draft this year, he'd be the easy #1 overall pick. And he may have thrown that all away. Young kids make stupid decisions all the time and if he did this, he'll need to pay the piper. But let's see if anything is decided before the title game...

Guilty until proven innocent? Let's just sit back a lil and let this one play out. He's a popular
kid now with all his success, could easily be a matter of zapping someone with success, happens
all the time, every single day. This is just coming up now when it happened last december?

Remember when the Vikings Chris Cook was lynched for allegedly beating the piss out of his
girlfriend at the time? Based on her word....only for her to later admit she lied about it?

Like I said, let's let things play out before we bring out the electric chair, geez

He borrowed some of Coach Brewster's chili and it was way too hot!

Pretty disrespectful to allegedly commit this act on Pearl Harbor Day.

We should probably all let the facts come out before judging. Who knows, maybe the girl was wearing a short skirt and low cut top and well, you know, kind of non-verbally, asking for something. She was drunk, so we can't believe anything that she says.

My money is on Jimbo.

" The incident report does not name Winston and describes the offender as being between 5-foot-9 and 5-11. Winston is listed by Florida State as being 6-4." Winston has never been charged in this. He was never a suspect. The case was dropped, and reopened when TMZ made a inquiry. This rant, posted above is way off base.

" The incident report does not name Winston and describes the offender as being between 5-foot-9 and 5-11. Winston is listed by Florida State as being 6-4." Winston has never been charged in this. He was never a suspect. The case was dropped, and reopened when TMZ made a inquiry. This rant, posted above is way off base.

Yep, the article posted is pretty ridiculous.

this article and whole situation is a load of crap. if winston wasn't the frontrunner for the heisman this wouldn't have even come up. innocent until proven guilty people. come on now

I agree with innocent until proven guilty, but eyewitness descriptions of height are notoriously unreliable.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Gm...itness inaccurate estimates of height&f=false

I don't think we should even begin to presume that Winston did it but discarding the possibility of it because a height estimate was quite far off isn't right either. You especially have to consider that in a case like this, the people involved aren't usually standing up.

Something smells rotten but it could be one of two things. On one hand it could be a false accusation of someone who has achieved fame and success. On the other hand, it really doesn't look good that Tallahassee police waited so long to turn the case over. That's the sort of thing that seems to happen only in college towns with big time programs.

Guilty until proven innocent? Let's just sit back a lil and let this one play out. He's a popular
kid now with all his success, could easily be a matter of zapping someone with success, happens
all the time, every single day. This is just coming up now when it happened last december?

Remember when the Vikings Chris Cook was lynched for allegedly beating the piss out of his
girlfriend at the time? Based on her word....only for her to later admit she lied about it?

Like I said, let's let things play out before we bring out the electric chair, geez

I very, very rarely agree with you; but this is one of those times. This sounds really thin.

We should probably all let the facts come out before judging. Who knows, maybe the girl was wearing a short skirt and low cut top and well, you know, kind of non-verbally, asking for something. She was drunk, so we can't believe anything that she says.

My money is on Jimbo.

I really hope you're not serious...

I think OSU or *********** is behind this allegation. They both win if it proves to be a distraction to FSU. :confused:

Bolded the important information because soooo many outlets have either conveniently left it out, or just simply didn't do their homework.

I really hope you're not serious...

Any girl who has 3 or more drinks (unless she's a biggie) and consents, can change her mind at any point and accuse a guy of rape and the guy can easily become a sex offender. Of course sharia law has a different take.

I've never had an issue with this for the following reasons:
1. I perform at an expert level and they don't want to give that up.
2. I record all encounters and have a witness present throughout the entire encounter. The added benefit is that the witness also can serve as a "watcher", if that's your thing.

My money is on Jimbo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_culture

According to esspen, Prosecution plans to announce decision on Thursday. Bet you'll be able to hear a pin drop in Tallahassee. It will still be real interesting to see how FSU handles this with a National Title on the line. Hopefully with dignity and class, but that is just a hope.

Bolded the important information because soooo many outlets have either conveniently left it out, or just simply didn't do their homework.

Yeah, until the DNA proved it was him.

This is like the movie Porky's line up to find the offending organ. All kidding aside, this is a serious matter in all regards: Sexual assault is a crime; Winston is innocent until proven guilty.

It seems like FSU Football has a history of boys misbehavin' badly. Somebody mentioned years ago in another board that they should change their name to Florida State Criminals.

This is like the movie Porky's line up to find the offending organ. All kidding aside, this is a serious matter in all regards: Sexual assault is a crime; Winston is innocent until proven guilty.

It seems like FSU Football has a history of boys misbehavin' badly. Somebody mentioned years ago in another board that they should change their name to Florida State Criminals.

*Criminoles

Surprise, surprise.

No charges for Jameis Winston. Chief Osceola rides high and proud.

This sets up possible national title game called the "No Charges-Victim Bought Off Bowl" featuring Ohio State vs. Florida State.

Surprise, surprise.

No charges for Jameis Winston. Chief Osceola rides high and proud.

This sets up possible national title game called the "No Charges-Victim Bought Off Bowl" featuring Ohio State vs. Florida State.

Why is your assumption that he is guilty?

Top Bottom