Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by monk10 View Post
    Wait. He doesn't ghost ride the whip, wtf?
    HAHAHA! Nice!
    #NothingShortOfGreatness #BrickByBrick

Quote Originally Posted by e.bigelow View Post
    I feel this is pretty fitting. If it were actually to be used, minus all the curse words of course. Not necessarily the greatest "pump up" song, but I digress. The Red Sox used it, worked pretty well for them. (They're also my favorite baseball team. )

+08

I can dig this.

Quote Originally Posted by RodentRampage View Post
    The traditional response would have been:

But I guess you don't like tradition. It's OK, not everyone likes things that get Gopher fans off their feet and cheering. Among those people who do not like such things are Badger fans. Perhaps you would prefer On Wisconsin?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC-MumVCx7k

http://youtu.be/bWXazVhlyxQ

The student section would go nuts.

5. Default

For those who have tired of "What Does the Fox Say?", good news. You only have to put up with it for another home game. Every season the Gopher Football game production grabs onto what most would consider a dumb, novelty type song. Two years ago it was "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO. Last year it was "Gangnam Style". This year we have the Fox. Next year it'll be something else. If the students like it, then so be it.

As for "Sweet Caroline", if the fans get up and sing and have fun, then it should long continue. The lack of atmosphere and people sitting on their hands has long been a complaint of many. Since we have a song that people get into, there's no reason to stop. So what if Badgers fans think it's their song. Sing alongs to this tune predate Camp Randall in stadiums and in bars and parties in general. For anyone to think otherwise is absurdly delusional. This isn't like the time they played "Jump Around" against Wisconsin at the Dome, a move that almost had me ready to rush the control booth in anger. I'm not a Neil Diamond fan in the slightest, but the appeal of "Sweet Caroline" is impossible to deny.

As for the idea of the song getting played as a dig at Penn State over the scandal, I'd buy that the fan who voted for it potentially had that in mind as an in joke. However, the folks in the U of M athletic department and game production staff come off as generally unaware enough that the reference was likely neither intentional or even noticed on their part. Had someone caught it, I think they might have skipped the tune in order to not possibly insult the visiting Penn State dignitaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Realist View Post
    Last year it was "Gangnam Style".
    You watch your mouth!
    "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a G$#@%&* magic show ready to double team your girlfriend..." -Mitch Martin

9. Default

The canned music is deafening and generally awful - almost as awful as the announcer ("ANOTHER GOPHER FIRST DOWN!"). I remember when the only noise came from the band - much better.

Fans didn't make sounds back then?? wow. That sounds terribad.

Quote Originally Posted by wait!what? View Post
    it's lame.
    agreed. you could see the players look around like wtf am i supposed to do with this?

Sweet Caroline is Wisconsin's song?

I think of the Red Sox more than Wisconsin when it is at a sporting event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

We're 8-2. Guess we have to start bitchin about somethin.
    Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Quote Originally Posted by Rescooter View Post
    I don't have a problem with the Ski-U-Mah cheer; just the fact that they think they have to explain it each week. That is lame. 90% of the people at games have already been through the directions at least once. And seriously....we don't need the announcer to chant with us.

We are Minnesotans, we're supposed to be relatively intelligent. They're treating us like we're from Iowa or Wisconsin.
    I agree, take the training wheels off. Great cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Plains Gopher View Post
    The canned music is deafening and generally awful - almost as awful as the announcer ("ANOTHER GOPHER FIRST DOWN!"). I remember when the only noise came from the band - much better.
    Yep. Agree all the way

And yes I was shocked when they played Sweet Caroline with PSU visiting. I believe that PSU has not allowed this to be played at their home games correct?

Also, would take Sweet Caroline over the Fox song any day.

18. Default

I'd rather sit in complete silence than hear Sweet Caroline. It's so stale at sporting events it's downright embarrassing.

19. Default South Carolina Sandstorm

If we could only get 1/2 our fans getting into the games like this intro.

Embrace our environment...."North Country" by Rocket Club

You are entering....NORTH COUNTRY!

Ok maybe not a end of 3rdQ song but they've played it during timeouts before. Hope they continue to do so.