Please stop playing Sweet Caroline at Gopher Football.

I am not a Neil Diamond hater, but this song sucks.

The PSU fans loved hearing that at a football game again. The only time they showed any excitement.

I was sick of it long ago. I love the break between 3rd and 4th quarter but any time they play old stuff like that it is like a wet blanket.

Hmmmm. Everyone gets up, sings along, and dances. From college students to 70 year olds. Yup. Lets get rid of a song that gets everyone up and having fun. Great idea. Are you Joel Maturi trying to kill the fun at events?

like the man said 'it's like a redhead in playboy, it don't work'.

No!
Nein!
Na!
Nei!
Nyet!
Ora!
Neniu!
Nej!
না!
Ei!
Uimh!
Όχι!
नहीं!
Non!
Nem!

Whether you or I like Sweet Caroline is unimportant. It's not lame, the crowd - especially the students - really get into it, and that's what matters. They could play Chopsticks the fans were into it.

Well, I would recommend some other song that - unlike "Sweet Caroline" - hasn't beat beaten, nay pulverized, into nano-sized particles. You know, something not hackneyed and trite. I thereby recommend the following:

"Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, or,

"Livin' On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi . . . .

:p :( :horse: :horse: :horse:

It was the fan voted song last week, that's why it was played. My guess is it was a dig at the scandal by fans and students.

It was the fan voted song last week, that's why it was played. My guess is it was a dig at the scandal by fans and students.

Yeah isn't that a PSU thing? Either a deliberate troll, or PSU fans voted alot maybe?

It's tradition.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gRdfX7ut8gw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think we should play and sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" followed by "The Doctor Fainted" followed by "You Should Have Seen What the Doctor Did When Old MacDonald Had a Farm".

I think we should play and sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" followed by "The Doctor Fainted" followed by "You Should Have Seen What the Doctor Did When Old MacDonald Had a Farm".

Cow........C-O-W-......E-I-E-I-O

Cow........C-O-W-......E-I-E-I-O

I totally lost my mind laughing at that commercial the first time I saw that, since then, I know the whole thing by heart. It's still funny.

I keep looking at the Farmer's bibs, and wondering if the bibs are "OshKosh, B'Gosh".

I thought the timing was bad for playing it Saturday. IIRC, it was preceding a big 4th down play for our defense. I'd rather have something a little louder and more intense in that situation.

I thought the timing was bad for playing it Saturday. IIRC, it was preceding a big 4th down play for our defense. I'd rather have something a little louder and more intense in that situation.

How about a compromise, we keep Sweet Caroline and dump "SKI-U-MAH", the lamest attempt at crowd participation ever. Got some laughs though when the Announcer said "I can't HEAR you!"

No kidding.

How about a compromise, we keep Sweet Caroline and dump "SKI-U-MAH", the lamest attempt at crowd participation ever. Got some laughs though when the Announcer said "I can't HEAR you!"

No kidding.

I don't have a problem with the Ski-U-Mah cheer; just the fact that they think they have to explain it each week. That is lame. 90% of the people at games have already been through the directions at least once. And seriously....we don't need the announcer to chant with us.

We are Minnesotans, we're supposed to be relatively intelligent. They're treating us like we're from Iowa or Wisconsin.

THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE HOME UNIFORM COMBINATION IS MAROON OVER GOLD.

Oh wait, wrong thread. :cool:

Let's use the Notre Dame music to these lyrics:

"More more more beer beer for Ski U Mah,
Bring on the whiskey, bring on the rye ah.
Send the students out for gin,
and don't let a sober person in.

Sophomores never stagger,
Juniors never fall.
Seniors sober up on pure alcohol
While our loyal Gopher fans
Lay drunk on the bar room floor."

THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE HOME UNIFORM COMBINATION IS MAROON OVER GOLD.

Oh wait, wrong thread. :cool:

Your post contained everything great about this board. Capital Letters for shouting emphasis, a discussion about uniform colors, and Woops, wrong forum.

Well played!

Agree. Not exactly a great pump up song. I don't think any teams use this song......but it would be an awesome 3rd quarter choice.

We could always play this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LsYJm9j2OEQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom