Wisconsin Game Time

year of the gopher

Section 117, Row 4
Reaction score
Wisconsin game time will be announced next week. Please, please, please 2:30. From Twitter:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Start time for <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> game vs Wisconsin on Nov. 23 will be either 11 am or 2:30 pm. Time will be announced after Nov. 16 B1G games.</p>— Gopher Football (@GopherFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherFootball/statuses/399961361096384512">November 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would think it would have to be 2:30.

I could see 11am on ESPN, if ABC decides to pick up Nebraska-Penn State in the 2:30 slot. Doubt they'd put our game on BTN, so instead we get wider coverage with a crappier time slot.

I could see 11am on ESPN, if ABC decides to pick up Nebraska-Penn State in the 2:30 slot. Doubt they'd put our game on BTN, so instead we get wider coverage with a crappier time slot.

Or MI-IA since MI is always a draw. I think (not certain) the best game gets ABC@2:30 and the second best game gets 11am on ESPN. Best meaning the most national interest.

Hoping it will be 2:30. It should be the ABC game, but you never know.

The gametime is on a 6 day hold, all big ten games except Purdue and Illinois are on 6 day hold. Game can either be on ESPN, ABC or BTN.

I have no inside information but this one just feels like a 2:30 ABC game to me. I don't normally post my hunches and waste space with them. But when I do, I am usually right. I'm feeling 2:30 this time.

Part of the reason this team has been "under the radar" is because it has been playing a lot of 11:00 AM games. Beyond MN, there are now more than a few people starting to say "I'd like to catch that MN team I've been reading about."

I have no inside information but this one just feels like a 2:30 ABC game to me. I don't normally post my hunches and waste space with them. But when I do, I am usually right. I'm feeling 2:30 this time.

Part of the reason this team has been "under the radar" is because it has been playing a lot of 11:00 AM games. Beyond MN, there are now more than a few people starting to say "I'd like to catch that MN team I've been reading about."

rYp5P8D.jpg

Only one game is clearly a bigger draw: Baylor/Oklahoma State. Penn St/Nebraska and Northwestern/MSU lack teams at the 8-2 record of Wisconsin and Minnesota. Would be logical for Game Day and a 2:30 starting time.

11am

Wisconsin game time will be announced next week. Please, please, please 2:30. From Twitter:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Start time for <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> game vs Wisconsin on Nov. 23 will be either 11 am or 2:30 pm. Time will be announced after Nov. 16 B1G games.</p>— Gopher Football (@GopherFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherFootball/statuses/399961361096384512">November 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'd vote for 11am. Gophers in the Big 10 are 1-2 with kickoffs at 2:30pm and 3-0 at 11am. 2nd half would be pitch black with a 2:30 PM start and presumably much cooler temp.

I normally don't like 11AM starts but it might slightly reduce the number of drunk skunks at kick-off time.

Go Gophers!

I normally don't like 11AM starts but it might slightly reduce the number of drunk skunks at kick-off time.

Go Gophers!

I think the fact that gun opener in WI is that same day may result in fewer Beckys. We all know, the one thing they love more than football in Whisky, is their deer.

I think the fact that gun opener in WI is that same day may result in fewer Beckys. We all know, the one thing they love more than football in Whisky, is their deer.

Gun opener isn't as important to most Skunks...they hunt year round with out without a license.

So - when do they announce this thing already???

Yeah but they prefer them already dead and in a ditch.

Battle for the AXE will be a 2:30 pm start for Gophers and Badgers and will be on ESPN.

Top Bottom