Ugh: Mo Walker suspended for 6 games due to violation of University policy

Wally should hit the road if he doesn't want to be here. His whole family situation is a headache in general. I'd rather he leave now and give up our pursuit of Henry than have this be a continuing saga.

His dad leaked this to the media? This is bad. If you have an issue with the coach, you need to keep that in house and not have your dad make it public for you.

I don't make it a habit to rip on college kids, but this is pretty weak sauce.

The Mo suspension hurts. What is an example of U policy? My first thought is he was caught smoking the reefer.

Wally's Dad leaked it? WTF? Kids need to stand at some point and tell their parents to butt out. I wonder if Wally's Mom's best friend is telling him he is the best player on our team? I watch Wally in the pre-season and wonder if he understands defense, positioning and how to lower his center of gravity so he can have some lateral quickness.

Um, Mo? You put in all that work over the summer to get in shape, and then you do this? C'mon dude.

I've never really seen Wally as anything more than an athlete and think he would have a hard time seeing a lot of PT this year. I wouldn't even be mad if he left the team and gave Pitino another scholarship to work with for next season.

I watched the replay of the concordia game yesterday. I still don't see Wally ever being much of a player.

I suppose Oto is the #2 center tonight?

News Flash: EE ain't playing 40 minutes.

We definitely won't have to worry about scholarships for next season. We could end up having 6 openings. I think Pitino will continue to recruit, possibly add some Jucos.

I've never really seen Wally as anything more than an athlete and think he would have a hard time seeing a lot of PT this year. I wouldn't even be mad if he left the team and gave Pitino another scholarship to work with for next season.

Agreed. I think that's looking more and more likely.

I watched the replay of the concordia game yesterday. I still don't see Wally ever being much of a player.

I suppose Oto is the #2 center tonight?

News Flash: EE ain't playing 40 minutes.

I think Buggs will have to get some more burn over the next 6 games. Maybe do an intense press and trap with him at the 5. These first 6 games will be interesting if nothing else. We are going to be small.

Pitino hinted at Oto or King playing some center and I thought it was an odd comment. Maybe he's known about Mo for a few weeks now. Regardless, it shouldn't hurt that much against these mid-majors, but that Syracuse game could be rough. I don't know much about their big men but I'm assuming they're good since it's freakin Syracuse.

The good news is Coach P. and staff will have plenty of scholarships to work with. Next season the squad will be pretty much handpicked to fit his system. Best it came out now rather than waiting for spring.

Here comes small ball. Like it or not...we aint got no choice.

There's no question that these first few games will be interesting.

Travis got wind of this and bolted to Stanford, Not a good sign will not help with Henry ...yikes

Pitino hinted at Oto or King playing some center and I thought it was an odd comment. Maybe he's known about Mo for a few weeks now. Regardless, it shouldn't hurt that much against these mid-majors, but that Syracuse game could be rough. I don't know much about their big men but I'm assuming they're good since it's freakin Syracuse.

Oto played some center vs concordia.

For Mo, when were mid-terms? A University policy may mean an academic issue. With the bball history of academic scandal, I could see a suspension being based upon some academic improprieties. It's purely my speculation, but it could be something like this rather than drug use as some have speculated.

I don't think you should throw out 'lil ricky's credentials so fast. You want somebody who has learned from a previous job, right? I'll take Ricky P. Sr's creds, tyvm.

His dad leaked this to the media? This is bad. If you have an issue with the coach, you need to keep that in house and not have your dad make it public for you.

I don't make it a habit to rip on college kids, but this is pretty weak sauce.

The Mo suspension hurts. What is an example of U policy? My first thought is he was caught smoking the reefer.[/QUOTE]

The 1500espn talkers were 'guessing' that.

I don't think reefer would be related to U policy, that would be a team rules issue, I'm thinking something academic related, like taking someone's paper and assigning your name to it or copying a paper from the web, making a couple of changes and turning it in as your own, those types of things, guessing a prof turned him in on something.

I don't think reefer would be related to U policy, that would be a team rules issue, I'm thinking something academic related, like taking someone's paper and assigning your name to it or copying a paper from the web, making a couple of changes and turning it in as your own, those types of things, guessing a prof turned him in on something.

I personally doubt it. That would be more serious than a suspension, I think.

We're used to hearing 'team policies' in these sort of things. It's not very difficult to just say University policies instead. The team is part of the University.

Reusse says there is no doubt in his mind it is mj and he talked with spencer who said it takes multiple offenses to be suspended. Just sayin.

I can't help admiring Not So Huge Mo's dedication to losing all that weight, while continuing to smoke pot. He's a far better man than I.:)

I can't help admiring Not So Huge Mo's dedication to losing all that weight, while continuing to smoke pot. He's a far better man than I.:)

That would be tough. Must have cured the munchies with carrots and celery...

Top Bottom