Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Ugh: Mo Walker suspended for 6 games due to violation of University policy

I guess this is what Doogie was talking about. Now we're tiny.

Default Mo Walker Suspended 6 Games

3. Default

Ellenson is in trouble too. The sky is falling. Bad news does come in threes today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    Ellenson is in trouble too. The sky is falling. Bad news does come in threes today.
    Where has that been reported?

Nope. Doogie says it's Wally related. We can't catch a break.

Well, I do respect Richard though. He's not afraid to take strong action, and I like that. Hopefully we can not only do things the right way, but win as well. Tubby established a good base of ethics here, and I'm glad to see Richard continuing to build on it.

Quote Originally Posted by afurry91 View Post
    Nope. Doogie says it's Wally related. We can't catch a break.
    So why doesn't Doogie say what it is? Sick of his cloak and dagger nonsense.

The sky is falling. Bad news does come in threes today.
    Women's hockey team won their 60th game in a row today. No tie, no goalie standing on their head just once? Amazing. Plus they rarely miss on in state talent.

That last game JUST intersects the Syracuse game. After the RT debacle......this is turning into a real ****storm. Hopefully it ends here and the bball/fball/hockey teams turn the tide this weekend.

Ouch that includes Richmond and Syracuse. Why not 5 games?

Ugh. I was just thinking today how we're lucky that everyone is eligible to play at the beginning of the season after seeing so many players being suspended around the country. I guess I should've waited a few more hours.

And the hits just keep on coming. This is violation of U policy not team policy? That isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymil View Post
    Ugh. I was just thinking today how we're lucky that everyone is eligible to play at the beginning of the season after seeing so many players being suspended around the country. I guess I should've waited a few more hours.
    Everything was going far too well up until 3:30. The next 24 hours will tell us if this is MN fate, or a simple clustering of unfortunate events.

Quote Originally Posted by CoMn View Post
    Ouch that includes Richmond and Syracuse. Why not 5 games?
    Because that's not how it works.

15. Default

Don't know what the reason is for Mo's suspension but I hope he can come back ready to go after the 6 games. The only game that would really concern me for him to miss is Syracuse and maybe Richmond but I think we should be fine going small against them. I'm not real worried about missing Wally and I could see him leaving the team during or after this season, the only thing I would really worry about would be it would probably take us out of the running for his brother.

This is all the press release says:

Gophers Suspend Maurice Walker For Six Games
    University of Minnesota men’s head basketball coach Richard Pitino announced today that junior forward Maurice Walker has been suspended for the team’s first six contests for a violation of university policy.
    Follow me on Twitter: @NadineBabu

per espn1500/doogie/ellenson's dad---wally and pitino had heated conversation' and are trying to 'work through it'. Wally will not play tonight.

18. Default

I now fully expect a loss in the football game tomorrow. I know how Gophers karma works.

Quote Originally Posted by station19 View Post
    per espn1500/doogie/ellenson's dad---wally and pitino had heated conversation' and are trying to 'work through it'. Wally will not play tonight.
    High jumping conversation?

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by station19 View Post
    Is it time to kiss his brother goodbye?