Trick or Treat

I do believe that this is the lamest excuse thread that I've ever seen, and I've seen some gems on this board.

Obviously in the choice between your kids and Gopher Football, kids should always come first.

That said, you can go trick or treating in your neighborhood every year. You can only do trick or treating with your kids in costume at TCF once every 7 years or so. I'm sure since the U is going to have family-friendly trick or treat opportunities. Plus your kid would maybe get on TV if they're in costume since the cameras can't resist a cute kid in costume. But if you're seriously worried about this email Scott Ellison (Associate AD, lover of all things tame and family friendly) or someone in GopherSports Marketing.

And I agree, this is a lame excuse for a thread.

I really can't tell if some of these posts that are outraged over the games kick off time are sarcastic or not.

While I have to admit I like Gold Vision's thinking, why couldn't this be an 11am game? That way it is warmer during the game time (less clothes on the crazy college girls), gives plenty of time to get home and complete some of the HONEY DO list and then off to trick or treating. Sounds to me like 11am is a win/win for EVERYBODY!

No. Sounds like it's a win-win for you.

Well, I started this stupid thread, and to clarify, I am not outraged or angry about the start time. As I said, I can see it being a lot of fun for the students, and prime time is always good. I am just "bummed", that is all. I really like going to Gopher games AND I really like taking my kids trick or treating, and I now don't get to do both (even if I wanted to bring my 5 and 2 year old, we only have 2 tickets). That is it. It is not a complaint, 'excuse', or a judgement on you depending on which activity you choose to do. Just bumming a little, that I HAVE to make a choice. Personally, I was hoping to be able to do both, but I realize that for many many others they would prefer the night game on Halloween.

Top Bottom