Trick or Treat

Goldentimeofday

Section 207
Reaction score
Don't blast me for whining! But is anyone else bummed about the Sparty game being at 7pm on Halloween? I know having prime time games is great, but I was really hoping it wouldn't be this one. I know it will be a blast for the students, but I won't go because I would rather take my 2 and 5 year old trick or treating. Yes, I know it is my choice, but it is still a bit of a bummer.....:(

It's always something. I think I was at a Gopher Hockey game last year. If I had kids to take out, it would be different. Now I look at it as a great excuse not to be bothered by all the neighborhood kids.:clap:

DVR

Get one and watch the game commercial free once the kids are in bed.

Exact opposite

I don't have kids. I am pumped that it's a night game because going to the game in costume will be a fun way to start the night. No green costumes or spartans allowed though.

I pretty much agree with the OP. Not meant to whine but for parents with kids trick or treating age it will be a tough call on whether to attend. My kids are 5 and 3 and LOVE to trick or treat with dad while mom stays mom to pass out candy to the other kids in the neighborhood.

If I decide not to go I'll make certain my tickets go to good use.

This thread caused me to realize my daughter will be 2 1/2 years old at Halloween. I'll probably go trick and treating with her as it'll be the first halloween that she knows what's going on (she didn't know what candy was last year but the wrappers sounded great when you crinkled them).

In fact the three of us who share four seats all have young kids and I wouldn't be surprised if no one can make it to the game. That's a big bummer. DVR it is. I'm assuming this problem won't occur for another 7 or 8 years.

Trick or Treating wins out at my house

I will have to miss the game too for trick or treating with the kids. A DVR is great, but my season tickets would be better. If I decide to sell them I will post it here in Sept.

No. This is good.

It used to be that the dome was empty on Halloween weekend becuase half of the U students would go to Madison for the weekend.

I have heard Halloween in Madison has gotten boring. And with the BTN focusing on Minnesota last Haloween (and probably again this year) maybe that little tradition (as they like to say at UW) will be dead for good.

i will hand out candy at my tailgate spot to trick or treaters! bring em by

I am sure the U of M will do something for Halloween for the little kids with a trick or treat event or something.

I think I might have to dress as Xerxes... only with no Speedo

I must be a better Gopher fan than a parent, because Mr. Gopherfaith and I already had the conversation about how we'll have to try to figure out who can take the kids trick or treating since we'll be at the game. :eek:

I cannot believe that they are having this as a night game. They could have had it as a day game so that we could go to the game AND take our kids trick or treating. I love the Gophs but they take a back seat to taking my kids trick or treating! Whoever made this decision to have it scheduled as a night game should be IMMEDIATELY fired!!

Agree with the OP...major bummer for those of us with kids. My daughter missed out on trick or treating this year b/c the high school team I coach was playing in the Section Finals that night (MSHSL honestly doesn't have a clue). So this will possibly make two years in a row. I really hope they do something for the kids outside the stadium or in the concourse though.

I am looking forward to the student section costumes! The atmosphere could be absolutely crazy due to the holiday.

I am looking forward to the student section costumes! The atmosphere could be absolutely crazy due to the holiday.

College Girls in crazy costumes + Tailgating + Gopher Football = Best night ever.

Gopherfaith Quote: "I must be a better Gopher fan than a parent, because Mr. Gopherfaith and I already had the conversation about how we'll have to try to figure out who can take the kids trick or treating since we'll be at the game."

First, I am guessing that Gopherfaith is actually Mrs. Gopherfaith (unsure whether male or female).

Second, being a good parent doesn't mean that you have to attend EVERY Halloween trick or treat, Little League game, or Squirt hockey game. I grew up playing sports 12 months per year, and trick or treating until I was in junior high school. I can count the number of times my parents came with me on two hands. I loved my parents and thought they did a great job raising me. The Michigan State game on Halloween is going to be a lot of fun and there is no reason why Gopher fans have to miss it to take their kids trick or treating. There are OTHER options for your kids on Halloween.

A word to ALL tail gaters. Bring treats for the kids and hand them out to the many lil gophers that will be at the game.

I cannot believe that they are having this as a night game. They could have had it as a day game so that we could go to the game AND take our kids trick or treating. I love the Gophs but they take a back seat to taking my kids trick or treating! Whoever made this decision to have it scheduled as a night game should be IMMEDIATELY fired!!

if it was a 2:30pm game, people would complain that they don't have enough time to get home and get in costume and ready to go out. If it was an 11am game, people would complain that they don't have enough time to do normal saturday things before getting ready for halloween.

Don't call for someone to get fired because you feel guilty that you would rather go to a football game than hang out with your kids. I don't think people that regularly bring their kids to games will have any problems as I'm sure their kids would get a kick out of seeing hundreds/thousands of people in costume.

wow the sarcasm is just dripping from this post! ;)

While I have to admit I like Gold Vision's thinking, why couldn't this be an 11am game? That way it is warmer during the game time (less clothes on the crazy college girls), gives plenty of time to get home and complete some of the HONEY DO list and then off to trick or treating. Sounds to me like 11am is a win/win for EVERYBODY!

I have the solution. Let's just hope that it's 30 degrees and drizzly so either the kids won't want to go trick or treating or momma won't let them. Then daddy can put an extra layer on, fill the flask with SoCo and head to to the stadium.

GopherJay, I apologize but I'm sure we won't be selling our tickets anytime soon. We'll wait until the last minute to make sure nobody can break free to attend. If we needed to sell tickets we'll likely 1) sell or give them to friends who are big gopher fans who have been going to games with us for years, or 2) if we can't find appropriate friends we'll sell them to the best gopher fans we can find, and 3) if in the unlikely chance one and two don't work out, we're certainly smarter then selling them six months before the game at a discount and would wait for the market price to peak right before game time.

Halloween a Holiday?

Reminds me of a few years ago when my youngest son told me Halloween was his favorite holiday after dumping a bucket full of candy on our living room floor!

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom