top 4 Big Ten and top 25 nationally?

die hard gopher

Reaction score
in the big ten power rankings we were 6th, Iowa 5 and Michigan 4, both teams lost by double digits so i think we move to #4 in the big ten and also get a top 25 ranking

Man, it would have been nice to have Nebraska loose...

i don't see us passing either one. we still lost to iowa and michigan and they did play 2 teams that are considered in the top 3. then on the ranking. i'd guess we'll get votes and be around 28th or so

Yeah a Nebraska loss would have made things a lot cleaner if we have a shot of a Legends run, and barring that, would definitely help us in bowl placing. They have the extra OOC loss, and an extra loss compared to us might have forced some bowls hands. Pray4Wildcats to win out.

Power Rankings - Yes - they are highly volatile. Top 25 - on the fringe, but no. After PSU we might crack it.

I would rather we stay underdogs! I don't think we deserve a #25 spot, even with a win over PSU. This team has come a long way but it is still a long way to the top.

No way we're not in the top 25 after PSU and no way that we don't deserve it. Do I think we're one of the top 25 teams in the country? No, though I don't think we're TOO far away from that, but if we beat PSU, I think it will be safe to say that we will have had one of the top 25 seasons to that point, and that's what matters, I think.

Don't think we crack the top 25 yet, after a win vs. Penn State.....that would probably be enough. Our non-conf schedule will hurt us in terms of rankings and our Big Ten wins are against 0-5 Nebraska and 1-3 Indiana to go along with Nebraska.

Don't think we crack the top 25 yet, after a win vs. Penn State.....that would probably be enough. Our non-conf schedule will hurt us in terms of rankings and our Big Ten wins are against 0-5 NW and 1-3 Indiana to go along with Nebraska.

FIFY

Yeah a Nebraska loss would have made things a lot cleaner if we have a shot of a Legends run, and barring that, would definitely help us in bowl placing. They have the extra OOC loss, and an extra loss compared to us might have forced some bowls hands. Pray4Wildcats to win out.

basically a legends run just needs Neb to beat msu and lose to mich, mich to lose to osu, and us to win out. we'd hold the tie breaks over neb and msu by wins over them.

i was thinking beat IU top 25 and bet PSU top 20, and we did get blown out by both Iowa and Michigan but we lost to them a while ago, that is how rankings work, if you would have lost the game more recently then they would be ahead of us, but since we all have 2 conference losses they lost more recently so we will likely be ranked ahead of them in the BTN/ ESPN big ten blog power rankings

I think if we would've had a respectable 2 score lead at the end of the game we would without question be in the Top 25 but I think letting them come back & nearly 1 play away from winning it will sway people not to care to put us in there on some "they are who we thought they were" mentality...

I was thinking top 25 at halftime. If it had remained a blowout, I'd bet we'd be in this week. But as it was a nail biter at the end, we'll have to wait a week. But we've shown a couple weeks of a really potent offense. Someone is going to have to notice that sooner or later (assuming it continues).

We've beaten two teams coming off their bye weeks. That should count for something. But, I agree beat PSu then we can talk about top25. Beat Wisky, and who knows the limit.

I would think most voters didn't watch the Gophers game. They'll probably look in the agate type, see the score and vote solely on that.

If Navy had held on and beat Notre Dame we might have had a shot. Whatever. Fine. Beat PSU. Get back the Bell. Get ranked. Welcome 'sconnie to MPLS.

We've beaten two teams coming off their bye weeks. That should count for something. But, I agree beat PSu then we can talk about top25. Beat Wisky, and who knows the limit.

win these next two and we'll be top 20ish.. and wouldn't that make the msu game just incredible? god i'm just on cloud 9 right now thinking about what could be.

If we beat Penn State I think we'll crack the Top 25. That would be the best thing in recent memory to happen.

We have a hard enough time getting the national pundits to say something nice about our wins let alone vote us into a top 25 poll. I hope that we start to get some of the attention this team deserves.

IF we beat a decent Penn State team that has owned us in recent history (I know these are two very different teams than recent history, but I don't believe in being over confident against a program we've struggled winning against), then I think we're in the top 25.

I refuse to think about beating Wisconsin because 1) we need to beat PSU first and 2) Wisconsin seems to be significantly better than us, and I find it more probable that we lose to them by a couple scores than beat them.

But of course we have awesome opportunities for the remainder of the regular season.

Top Bottom