*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS/INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD ***

Stan

Reaction score
Wow, am I pumped! Gotta start this in-game thread a bit early! I can't wait to see if the last two weeks is the "new normal" for us and a win at Indiana after a big win the week before is the time to demonstrate that this is the "new normal." Let's get after it!!!!!!

Coach Kill said "Don't get too high after a win or get too low after a loss". If we are too high, we are going to get our asses kicked tomorrow. If we are level headed we still may lose. IU can move the frickin' ball.

I'm so stoked. I've been listening to John Philip Sousa's Minnesota March all night. By far the best school song.

I've been kind of ornery that Indiana football doesn't have a more active message board community. But what they have posted has been interesting. It's like looking into a crooked mirror kind of. One gets the sense that whichever team wins this game will be perceived as having turned a corner, and whichever loses will be derided as "Same old Gophers/Hoosiers."

Generally a non-gambler, I put money on my first Gopher game. The last thing I probably needed was to have money on a Gopher game. I've never been so amped for an Indiana game.

Running game is solid today but our QBs and receivers will get in on the action and we should pull away in the second half. Let's pound their QB and receivers as much as possible and get a handful of turnovers, win this thing and get the heck out of town. Our DBs will have their hands full but I think they play with guts overall and will again today. They generally give us the best the have. The DEs who don't have TC as initials need to earn their keep and that hasn't happened much this year!

Running game is solid today but our QBs and receivers will get in on the action and we should pull away in the second half. Let's pound their QB and receivers as much as possible and get a handful of turnovers, win this thing and get the heck out of town. Our DBs will have their hands full but I think they play with guts overall and will again today. They generally give us the best the have. The DEs who don't have TC as initials need to earn their keep and that hasn't happened much this year![/QUOT]

I wish I had your optimism. I gots a bad feeling about today.

IMO this is the biggest game in Gopher football since the game with Michigan at the Dome that we would all like to forget. Indiana isn't a headliner opponent but the chance to win three in a row with a winnable game next week. This is one of those games where you find out if we have taken a step forward. It would prove to me last weeks win wasn't to big for this roster of players. If the Gophers look on last weeks game as something more than just a win and we are not good this week we are still not where we want to be. If they look at last weeks win as just another W and come out and play well today against a team without the name we have clearly taken a step.

Hard to say who wins but if the Gophers can do what they did the last two weeks we will be in great shape for a win.

What happens this game will really dictate whether or not we've turned a corner in our program. This is just ripe for a big letdown and we need to see if we can go out there and play with poise on the road and stick to our game plan. In my gut I'm feeling very wary about this game now.

What happens this game will really dictate whether or not we've turned a corner in our program.

Lose this week and win next week and the program is still moving forward.

I have not forgotten what the SJSU quarterback did to this defense.

Running game is solid today but our QBs and receivers will get in on the action and we should pull away in the second half. Let's pound their QB and receivers as much as possible and get a handful of turnovers, win this thing and get the heck out of town. Our DBs will have their hands full but I think they play with guts overall and will again today. They generally give us the best the have. The DEs who don't have TC as initials need to earn their keep and that hasn't happened much this year!

I wish I had your optimism. I gots a bad feeling about today.

We'll know very early on how its going to go. Although very early on last week was 10-0 Nebraska and disaster. My biggest thing I want to see right away is whether our defense is flowing towards the ball or do we look completely lost when its out in space. Good tackling and stops on 1st down get us the ball back.

The guest picker on college game day just gave Minnesota some love. Put Indiana on upset alert.

Jake Owen pick Minnesota as his upset pick. he talk about Mardy Fish, who is a Golden Gophers fan. Fish is a Minnesota sports fan in general, since he was born in Minnesota fyi.

the gold pants won the nebraska game for us....why change a good thing :)

Is Shede ready for the game? I'm remember him getting his bell rung last week. Did he come back? Any news on what happened?

Is Shede ready for the game? I'm remember him getting his bell rung last week. Did he come back? Any news on what happened?

Pretty sure he just got the wind knocked out of him. Pretty sure he was back in the game before it was over.

Love the white on gold, It's a great look with our helmets. Should be the standard away uniform. Anyways..... Go Gophers! hoping for 3 in a row!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> RB Rodrick Williams (turf toe) did not make the trip.</p>— JoeChristensen (@JoeCStrib) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeCStrib/statuses/396714455834169344">November 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Anyone know what channel on Dish this game is on? I checked the 5400 channels but nothing.

Harbison didn't travel and wasn't listed on the injury report. Won't really affect the game, but why can't our wide receivers stay out of trouble?

Top Bottom