The stars are aligning...

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
Never thought I'd see this day but the Common Man progrum just opened up with a Gopher Football "Nothings Gunna Stop Us Now" pump up montage...We cominnnnnnnnn #Goosebumps

Thank you Vikes...

Last night while trick or treating with my children, one of the other fathers and I struck up a football conversation. I asked him if he watched much football. He said that his brother has Vikings season tickets, but that has been painful. He then said that he just started watching the Gophers a little more and that the last few weeks have been fun.

LOVE IT!!!! The Gophers just need to keep the ball rolling a bit more. If they can win the next two, hoards of Vikings fans are going fall directly off the vikings bandwagon onto the Gophers'!

Kiss of death?

Really, this team seems to be taking on the personality of the coaches and the chances of "here we go again" seem to be declining week after week. That doesn't mean this team can't be beat. I think their overall talent level means they not only can be beat but also there are few opponents out there where the Gophers can just take the field expecting a victory. I just think the chances of losing big leads and losing in heartbreakers are going down week after week.

While at the Vikings game last Sunday night, about midway through the 3rd quarter I witnessed a large group of diehard Vikings fans chanting "Let's Go Gophers!". Couldn't believe my eyes/ears.

Hilarious. Wasn't even that painful to listen to the off-key singing of an old song, considering the subject. Go Gophers!

"Nothings Gonna Stop Us" reminds me of "Twins Win, the story of the 1987 Minnesota Twins" video. Best season recap vid ever.

My brother and I watched that video a million times! Got the VHS transferred to DVD a few years ago.

At the end of the video Gene Larkin (I think) says, "We're no longer the Twinkies, We're the world champion Minnesota Twins!" and then puts up the number one sign. Classic!

Last night while trick or treating with my children, one of the other fathers and I struck up a football conversation. I asked him if he watched much football. He said that his brother has Vikings season tickets, but that has been painful. He then said that he just started watching the Gophers a little more and that the last few weeks have been fun.

LOVE IT!!!! The Gophers just need to keep the ball rolling a bit more. If they can win the next two, hoards of Vikings fans are going fall directly off the vikings bandwagon onto the Gophers'!

Good to see the recognition that the Vikings being here hurts Gopher attendance. It also hurts media attention. It's encouraging to see signs of a reversal of the fifty year trend toward the NFL here. Now, if we beat Indiana, the buzz will grow. Those of you too young to remember this market before the Vikings can't know how the Gophers once dominated attention here. It can't happen again, of course -- there are too many attractions dividing fandom -- but it can and will be better here. Optimistic.

My brother and I watched that video a million times! Got the VHS transferred to DVD a few years ago.

At the end of the video Gene Larkin (I think) says, "We're no longer the Twinkies, We're the world champion Minnesota Twins!" and then puts up the number one sign. Classic!

Had to be Lombardozzi. Geno is a pretty good guy. I used to do some 401(k) plan education meetings with him, not sure if he is still in the investment advisory gig.

I really can't get my head around the idea that people listen to Coma Man. Unlistenable for me.

Had to be Lombardozzi. Geno is a pretty good guy. I used to do some 401(k) plan education meetings with him, not sure if he is still in the investment advisory gig.

I really can't get my head around the idea that people listen to Coma Man. Unlistenable for me.
I just listen to the opening montage. Beats what they're throwing out at 1500. After the Giants game, he came out with "Bad to the Bone", and it fit like a glove.

Sidebar, hope Dubay is still on the straight and narrow. He's been off for a week and the excuse is that he broke his arm. Didn't know you needed full use of your limbs to chat on the AM radio.

Yup, it was Lombardozzi. Good call. Last year Common Man had a Vikings montage to the same song and it was hilarious. It was the first time his show genuinely entertained me.

Top Bottom