Souhan: Kill's talented staff stepping up, making him look good

Thanks, Unregistered...um, can I call you Unregistered? Or do you prefer the whole "Unregistered User"? Anyway, I am overly sensitive. To connect with the women in my life, over the years I've tried to get in touch with my feminine side. I kinda have a hard time with it. lol

It's Mr. User to you.

I might be ostracized but do not think the media is out to get the Gophers. I do think, from what I've read, that Souhan is focusing on writing about Kill in the most despicable way he can. It is not subtle. I am offended. I resent your command to "get over it." I will not. I will try my best to forgive him if he apologizes, but since that's not going to happen, I intend to hold a grudge. The only means I have to adversely affect the Star Tribune is to avoid clicks. If the smaller number of clicks is insignificant and does not harm their ability to sell ads, oh well.

If anyone here agrees with what Souhan has written, then I strongly disagree with them. There's nothing about his column that serves any purpose other than to malign Kill and the Gopher administration. You, afurry91, seem to think the article was complimentary. That, and other things you've written, make me wonder about your motives.

Well that's an improvement. You didn't call him "ignorant; a blatherer; glue-sniffer; a pompous ass; an expert on stupid; or snarky, so that's an improvement. Or in the case of Coach Mason calling him "bitter; jealous; a tool (who) makes ridiculous statements that confirm why he's a loser".

And very, very few of those invectives were in response to ones directed at you. In other words "you started it".

You know for a guy who talks about being positive and optimistic and came here a couple of years ago talking about "values", you certainly seem to take the "low road" more than just about anybody else on here.

Can't you express an opinion without acting like a ________? Or at least wait until somebody slings one at you before you unload back?

Just a suggestion.

Well that's an improvement. You didn't call him "ignorant; a blatherer; glue-sniffer; a pompous ass; an expert on stupid; or snarky, so that's an improvement. Or in the case of Coach Mason calling him "bitter; jealous; a tool (who) makes ridiculous statements that confirm why he's a loser".

And very, very few of those invectives were in response to ones directed at you. In other words "you started it".

You know for a guy who talks about being positive and optimistic and came here a couple of years ago talking about "values", you certainly seem to take the "low road" more than just about anybody else on here.

Can't you express an opinion without acting like a ________? Or at least wait until somebody slings one at you before you unload back?

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestions. Excellent point(s). I'll work on being nicer and less snarky. I'll even try to curb my sarcasm. It seems we've butted heads on Kill issues. In my book, there is a line. I'm on his side. If someone appears to be on the other side of that line, I oppose them. Some of the things you've written make it appear that you and I are not on the same side.

If my style has offended you (or anyone else) or I've hurt your feelings in any way, I truly apologize. I really will work on it. However, those on the other side of the line, probably aren't going to like what I write no matter what words I use.

I'm rooting FOR Jerry Kill, the man. Which means I don't think he should be on the sidelines as acting head coach for the Gophers.

Stage will be set fairly well if Claeys continues as "game day" head coach for the rest of the season and they do well. Reclass Kill to a special assistant, Claeys is HC and forward we go.

Otherwise we're dealing with the inevitable.

I keep seeing that 30% of the people with seizures will not be able to control them with drugs. That means 70% will be able to. This is from doctors who are experts in the field unlike the medical expertise you pretend to have. To me, 30% doesn't mean "inevitable" although it is a bit more than 2%.

By the way, rooting for "Jerry Kill, the man,"? What in the hell does that mean? You want him to beat this, but yet quit? Very big of you after you accuse him of being a liar. Stop trying to have it both ways; you'll come off as not quite as phony.

Thanks for the suggestions. Excellent point(s). I'll work on being nicer and less snarky. I'll even try to curb my sarcasm. It seems we've butted heads on Kill issues. In my book, there is a line. I'm on his side. If someone appears to be on the other side of that line, I oppose them. Some of the things you've written make it appear that you and I are not on the same side.

If my style has offended you (or anyone else) or I've hurt your feelings in any way, I truly apologize. I really will work on it. However, those on the other side of the line, probably aren't going to like what I write no matter what words I use.

You're welcome and nothing you've written has "hurt my feelings", just irritated me. I've been a big supporter of Kill even before he came here. On record here of thinking that he should be one of the guys at the top of the list to replace Brewster. However, also on record as saying that they'd never to it because I didn't think that they could get his contract insured because of his history of cancer. Yeah, little did we know. :eek:

Nope, my only problem is they way you handled yourself when you disagree with somebody. Don't really care, if you'll forgive me, what your opinion is. Don't know you. Just didn't understand why you'd automatically think that people who don't share your opinions are automatically "lessor" beings.

Go Gophers and Hang in there Mr.Kill!

You're welcome and nothing you've written has "hurt my feelings", just irritated me. I've been a big supporter of Kill even before he came here. On record here of thinking that he should be one of the guys at the top of the list to replace Brewster. However, also on record as saying that they'd never to it because I didn't think that they could get his contract insured because of his history of cancer. Yeah, little did we know. :eek:

Nope, my only problem is they way you handled yourself when you disagree with somebody. Don't really care, if you'll forgive me, what your opinion is. Don't know you. Just didn't understand why you'd automatically think that people who don't share your opinions are automatically "lessor" beings.

Go Gophers and Hang in there Mr.Kill!

Good information, Iceland12. So, I'm irritating, eh? Many of my friends and all of my ex wives and girlfriends would probably agree. I support anyone's right to their opinion. That's a fundamental freedom in this country that seems to be suffering. This is a forum. People that don't share my views are not lessor beings. The quotes you listed certainly were not intended to imply that the ignorant, blathering, glue-sniffers, pompous asses, or experts on stupid are less than human. But, things they said probably got my dander up and a nice, polite rebuttal wasn't my first reaction. I'll try to take a deep breath before hitting "post quick reply," but if I write something else that irritates you, please let me know.

Good information, Iceland12. So, I'm irritating, eh? Many of my friends and all of my ex wives and girlfriends would probably agree. I support anyone's right to their opinion. That's a fundamental freedom in this country that seems to be suffering. This is a forum. People that don't share my views are not lessor beings. The quotes you listed certainly were not intended to imply that the ignorant, blathering, glue-sniffers, pompous asses, or experts on stupid are less than me. But, things they said probably got my dander up and a nice, polite rebuttal wasn't my first reaction. I'll try to take a deep breath before hitting "post quick reply," but if I write something else that irritates you, please let me know.

Yeahhh, right. Uh, don't count on it.:eek:

Good information, Iceland12. So, I'm irritating, eh? Many of my friends and all of my ex wives and girlfriends would probably agree. I support anyone's right to their opinion. That's a fundamental freedom in this country that seems to be suffering. This is a forum. People that don't share my views are not lessor beings. The quotes you listed certainly were not intended to imply that the ignorant, blathering, glue-sniffers, pompous asses, or experts on stupid are less than human. But, things they said probably got my dander up and a nice, polite rebuttal wasn't my first reaction. I'll try to take a deep breath before hitting "post quick reply," but if I write something else that irritates you, please let me know.

At least you realize it - it being the parts I've bolded for you, above.

None of you guys are scathing each other compared to wren's diatribe scolding me earlier in the thread at post #41.

None of you guys are scathing each other compared to wren's diatribe scolding me earlier in the thread at post #61.

I'm assuming you two have history. I'm not sure I completely followed it all, but he seems angry. Some of us have a hard time not holding grudges. Although, it was post #41 not #61, so his(?) accusations about your drinking...uh, nevermind.

Maybe we should take a cue from Kill and his staff and focus on fun? Some folks here get it -- I laugh out loud a minimum of twice a day reading on here and probably should take more time to express appreciation to the comics.

At least you realize it - it being the parts I've bolded for you, above.

I don't understand. Did I offend you...again?

None of you guys are scathing each other compared to wren's diatribe scolding me earlier in the thread at post #41.

Yeah...that one surprised me. I really wish wren would get banned again (just read his last post here), but the guy really didn't even take the time to try to understand what you wrote. I guess that's the last time you give him credit for trying to be reasonable.

At least when you have a beer and kill a few brain cells, it's a matter of lifestyle. It appears that wren just went out and assassinated all of his brain cells out of spite.

Hi Jim,

I'm not clicking your link because you're a ******.

Gophers Tight Ends coach Rob Reeves:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Absolutely no respect for Jim Souhan.</p>— Robert Reeves (@CoachRobReeves) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachRobReeves/statuses/396436557277569025">November 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gophers Tight Ends coach Rob Reeves:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Absolutely no respect for Jim Souhan.</p>— Robert Reeves (@CoachRobReeves) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachRobReeves/statuses/396436557277569025">November 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

New.Favorite.Coach.

Jim Souhan see only what his warped mind wants to see about the Gopher football program. He does not respect Coach Kill or see that he is rebuilding a program from brick by brick with integrity and caring about the players and the coaches. Has he ever been to the U and talk to the players and coaches to see first hand what is going on? I seriously doubt it.

There is a national story in the making here for the ages, and Souhan will miss the boat because of his funny mirror eyes.

I'm rooting FOR Jerry Kill, the man. Which means I don't think he should be on the sidelines as acting head coach for the Gophers.

Stage will be set fairly well if Claeys continues as "game day" head coach for the rest of the season and they do well. Reclass Kill to a special assistant, Claeys is HC and forward we go.

Otherwise we're dealing with the inevitable.

GW = Soupcan? Discuss.

Top Bottom