Paulus might transfer to Michigan to play QB for Rich Rod???

Please bring him to big 10 football and let him get the beating thats been coming to him! Unfortunately, I dont think he'd make it to our game seeing as he'll probably be hurt the first game, but maybe we get lucky and he plays against us. Assuming he could actually even start on that team, which I really doubt.

How is it that he could transfer and play in the same year?

Please bring him to big 10 football and let him get the beating thats been coming to him! Unfortunately, I dont think he'd make it to our game seeing as he'll probably be hurt the first game, but maybe we get lucky and he plays against us. Assuming he could actually even start on that team, which I really doubt.

We don't play Michigan this year, so we would never see him....

How is it that he could transfer and play in the same year?

He's finished his 4 years of basketball eligibliity, so the NCAA allows you to transfer without a penalty year to play a different sport. He would only have one year of eligibilty however.

I was assuming he'd redshirt if he really wanted to play quarterback, its not a position you can just jump into after being away from it for 4 years, the Duke football coach even said he wouldnt be able to play QB, we all know how sad that program is.

I was assuming he'd redshirt if he really wanted to play quarterback, its not a position you can just jump into after being away from it for 4 years, the Duke football coach even said he wouldnt be able to play QB, we all know how sad that program is.

I don't think he can redshirt. The whole 5 years of eligibility thing. The only way he could resshirt I believe is if he played in the first game, got hurt and got a medical hardship waiver...ootherwise he's one and done no matter what

Also we don't play michigan again until 2011..so even if he could redshirt we would never see him....

Looks like he sees that his basketball career is coming to an end. Probably doesn't have many options to play overseas either. I think his best bet is to transfer to a low-level D1 or D2 school that passes a lot. Then maybe, and I stress maybe, he gets a chance to play and shows pro potential. That's a stretch.

He was always a player I hated to watch. Just annoying.

I don't watch much college basketball anymore, but if the guy played for Duke, there's a pretty good chance I wouldn't like him. If you stick a charcoal briquet up Coach K's butt during warm-ups, you'll have a diamond by the end of the game.

If Paulus is playing QB. ...

When a D-lineman breathes on him will he fall down like he's been shot? He's mastered the Duke flop, maybe he'll bring it to the football field as well.

The latest report I've heard is that Paulus also has interest, presumably interest that's reciprocal, in Syracuse. I would personally love to see Paulus go to Syracuse, become the starting quarterback, and see the Gophers take a run at him on Sept 5, 2009. I'll eat crow if he turns out to be exceptional, but a blitzing Simoni Lawrence getting a free run at Paulus would make me smile.

I don't understand why they think paulus will even be able to compete for the starting spot. He hasn't played football in almost 4 years, and it'd basically be like playing a freshman... but 4 years removed from high school. That's why i'd give the edge to forcier and robinson unless there's something i'm missing here.

Top Bottom