Predict the Score at Indiana 11/02/13

ImaGopher: Gophers 24, Indiana 27

I'd like to pick Minnesota, but we haven't done well recently in Bloomington.

The same could have been said about playing Nebraska. Gophers 34 , Indiana 27

We need more people making predictions, Gopher Fans.

Triple D: Gophs 38, Hoosiers 30

Gene Hackman will not be there to motivate them!

This is a tough one because Hoosiers are inverse of Gophers (best passing team in B10, but worst defense). Gophers might be a little flat and both teams should score a lot, but Indy has home field advantage, bye week, and motivation to show the Michigan loss isn't a true test of who they are, plus this victory gets them into a bowl: Hoosiers 43 Gophers 41 in OT.

Gophers 44 - Hoosiers 31

The Gophers will move the ball with ease against Indiana. Indiana has not met a team this year that brings the combo that Gophers bring - (1) ball control with few turnovers & (2) a good D. Teams with porous defenses and allout offenses have not faired well against the Gophers. And the best one, Texas Tech (a much better one than Indiana) barely reached 34 only thanks to their late D stops.

You can't put up 40 points if you don't have the ball. And you can't put up 40 points if you turn the ball over. I expect the Gophers to be on top of the possession and turnover battles this game.

Indiana has not met a team this year that brings the combo that Gophers bring - (1) ball control with few turnovers & (2) a good D.

I like the analysis, but Michigan State is the epitome of what you describe (+6 turnover margin, average 34 min of possession, best D in the country). They beat Indiana pretty handily despite losing the turnover battle that day. I think it's a formula we can follow, for sure.

I like the analysis, but Michigan State is the epitome of what you describe (+6 turnover margin, average 34 min of possession, best D in the country). They beat Indiana pretty handily despite losing the turnover battle that day. I think it's a formula we can follow, for sure.

Wow, I had no idea that Michigan State has done so well with ball control! Thanks for the correction. They are averaging 34:48.50 (2nd in the nation) while the Gophers are at 32:32.50 (28th). They have a great defense, to be sure! Better than ours. But I will say that their offense turns the ball over more than ours.

---------------------------Fum. Lost--Int. Lost--Total Lost
22-----Michigan State--------6-------3----------9
27-----Minnesota-------------2 ------5----------7

This is a tough one because Hoosiers are inverse of Gophers (best passing team in B10, but worst defense). Gophers might be a little flat and both teams should score a lot, but Indy has home field advantage, bye week, and motivation to show the Michigan loss isn't a true test of who they are, plus this victory gets them into a bowl: Hoosiers 43 Gophers 41 in OT.

So your saying Indiana wins in OT on a safety. Very interesting :confused:

Guessing that the Hoosiers were at 35 and went for two. And he's counting on the Gophers scoring, but failing to tie.

I'm just trying to get a vision in my mind of a team going 75 yards backwards to make the safety scenario happen. It's a thought that could turn me into a chronic insomniac if the Gophers let that happen.

I'm just trying to get a vision in my mind of a team going 75 yards backwards to make the safety scenario happen. It's a thought that could turn me into a chronic insomniac if the Gophers let that happen.

3rd and 84 at MN 1. Ouch. That would top the Epping 3rd and 49.

Top Bottom