New Stadium Railings Question

nemosgold

Reaction score
For someone who has toured the stadium, will the railings be in the line of site of the seats.

I pick Thursday, like the upper deck, just wondering what might be the best row location.

For someone who has toured the stadium, will the railings be in the line of site of the seats.

I pick Thursday, like the upper deck, just wondering what might be the best row location.

Do you mean handrailings on the steps? Or railings at the edge of the deck? If you are referring to the deck, then no. If its handrailings (which is what I assume you meant) then its possible if you are right on the aisle. I don't think anyone has toured since those went in (they weren't in when I toured last fall). At least, I don't think anyone has been down into the seating area to gauge their impact on sightlines. And while the U mentioned that the railings at the edge of the deck is 32 inches high I haven't seen them mention the height of the handrailings. I did a quick Google search on ADA Accessibility Guidelines and it looks like handrails should be 34 to 38 inches tall though. Also keep in mind that we're talking rails that are probably about 3 inches in diameter. Unless you're right on the aisle I don't think it'll be an issue (not that I think its an issue to begin with). A ton of thought and planning went into building TCF and I sincerely doubt that handrails will affect anyone's experience. :)

Have fun picking!!!

EVERY new stadium in the country has these railings in their stadiums.
Do you enjoy the Xcel Energy Center? If so, it has the same railings.

If the concern is with visual obstruction caused by railings along the steps leading up the aisles I would be more concerned about the humans holding on to said railings. That factor strikes me as a reason to stay away from being too close to an aisle between me and the 50 yard line in the lower few rows of the upper deck. I assume that will be somewhat comparable to the Metrodome where the entrance ramps are also at the very bottom of the upper deck.

A friend of mine said that the ticket office blocked off all the seats with obstructions caused by railings. They all seem to be in the upper near the stairwell, the fronts of the sections.

I don't think the handrails will be a problem, but maybe the people walking up and down using them will get in the way...I like the inside of the row to avoid that.

I actually was in the stadium recently and sat in the second deck. Some railings were in and they were not a problem. First deck had great line of site. Basically the seats are so close to the field everyone will be pleased with the view. Much closer than in the Dome

Top Bottom