Question about main scoreboard...

Rickman55

Banned
Reaction score
Why was it positioned so it isn't visible for some of the seats. This makes no sense to me. A new stadium and you can't put the scoredboard in a position where everyone can see it?

where are you gonna put it so that everyone can see it? I dont think its possible what with the circular nature of a stadium

I'm not sure where you would put it so EVERYONE can see it. There will always be people with a back to one scoreboard or another in a stadium. I guess I'm not sure where you would put a scoreboard where everyone could see it. Thats why most, if not all, stadiums have two scoreboards. It makes sense that they put the gigantic one at TCF in the open end of the horseshow as less fans will have their back to it in this location.

I'm not sure where you would put it so EVERYONE can see it. There will always be people with a back to one scoreboard or another in a stadium. I guess I'm not sure where you would put a scoreboard where everyone could see it. Thats why most, if not all, stadiums have two scoreboards. It makes sense that they put the gigantic one at TCF in the open end of the horseshow as less fans will have their back to it in this location.

As well as the ribbon scoreboards.

Why was it positioned so it isn't visible for some of the seats. This makes no sense to me. A new stadium and you can't put the scoredboard in a position where everyone can see it?

As has already been noted, there is no way they could put it somewhere where everyone could see it. I suspect that it was positioned as it is (versus dead center on the open end) for aesthetic/view reasons. Moving it towards the visitor sideline makes the stadium more open to campus which will have a bigger impact on those walking/driving by TCF...it makes it more a part of campus. It should also allow for a better view of the Downtown skyline.

Agreed on all the reasons it is where it is. I think it's perfectly positioned. And if there's a major replay (if we're fortunate enough to get those) or some reason that fans at that end want to see the big board, they can turn and watch.

The "little" board on the other end isn't exactly small either. I thought I remember reading right that it was still like 2 or 3 times bigger then the one in the Dome....

The "little" board on the other end isn't exactly small either. I thought I remember reading right that it was still like 2 or 3 times bigger then the one in the Dome....

Shoot. I can't remember if its 2 or 3 from my tour. I also know I heard the answer on one of the video tours posted online...in any case, everyone should know that even on the small board things will be much easier to see. :)

Shoot. I can't remember if its 2 or 3 from my tour. I also know I heard the answer on one of the video tours posted online...in any case, everyone should know that even on the small board things will be much easier to see. :)

It is also "aimed" at the Home side. Home side coach, fans, and box seats.

You pay more to sit on that side.

It is also "aimed" at the Home side. Home side coach, fans, and box seats.

You pay more to sit on that side.

To clarify, the main scoreboard on the open end is aimed more towards the home side. The other scoreboard is aimed towards the visitors sideline.

Above the center ala hockey and basketball...LOL!

Don't laugh. That's what Jerry Jones is doing in Dallas ;):
cowboys_new_stadium.jpg

How long before a punt or kickoff drills that thing? that is a bad idea for football.

You've got to be kidding me...!!

What's even more nuts than where they put it is the sheer size of the video boards. The 2 big screens run the length of the field between the 20’s (160 ft wide and 72 feet tall). The “small” boards that face the end zones are 53ft wide and 30 feet tall. All 4 boards are 90 ft above the field…not sure if that’s high enough or not, but you’d have to think they considered kickoffs and punts. And all 4 are HD I believe.

Here is a link to the Cowboys stadium page: http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/. That place is going to be nuts. It truly is the Taj Mahal of the NFL.

What's even more nuts than where they put it is the sheer size of the video boards. The 2 big screens run the length of the field between the 20’s (160 ft wide and 72 feet tall). The “small” boards that face the end zones are 53ft wide and 30 feet tall. All 4 boards are 90 ft above the field…not sure if that’s high enough or not, but you’d have to think they considered kickoffs and punts. And all 4 are HD I believe.

Here is a link to the Cowboys stadium page: http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/. That place is going to be nuts. It truly is the Taj Mahal of the NFL.

Are they going to have a little Guitar Hero contest at halftime???? Can you imagine that??

How long before a punt or kickoff drills that thing? that is a bad idea for football.

Not many people have remotely that kind of leg to get it all the way to there. And anyway, if the thing can't take a very occasional hit from a football, they didn't make it strong enough to begin with lol

The main scoreboard seems to be in the perfect spot. It is at the open end, but to the North side of the open end -- as to not block the view of the skyline and sun, and also primarily face the "HOME" side of the stadium. Only a very small portion of the stadium has no view (or a poor view )of the main scoreboard, and those seats all have an excellent view of the secondary scoreboard.

Frankly, I'm not sure how the placement of the scoreboards could have been any better.

I believe it said the 'SMALL' scoreboard is 3 times larger than the Metrodome. Even if you don't have a great view of the big board, you're still fine.

Yeah, I used the seat selection panoramic view to check it out and the only place where you can't see the main board well is in the open end zone seats. You would have to turn around completely. Otherwise, it should be veiwable from every other seat with at most a turn of the head.

I believe it said the 'SMALL' scoreboard is 3 times larger than the Metrodome. Even if you don't have a great view of the big board, you're still fine.

Yea, rereading that I realize I wasn't being clear. The large board is 7 times the size of the Dome "Jumbotron".

Yeah, I used the seat selection panoramic view to check it out and the only place where you can't see the main board well is in the open end zone seats. You would have to turn around completely. Otherwise, it should be veiwable from every other seat with at most a turn of the head.

...except visitors section second deck open end. All they get to see is the side of the scoreboard...

Attachments

• badseats.JPG
    badseats.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 18

Top Bottom