Zagzebski ???

First off any person that has ever played football or any sport knows that yelling at practice is part of the game and no high school coach that I know would be upset about that. Going off on a kid and his father if it even did occur is not smart as it burns a potential relationship if it gets back to the high school coach. When you are new in the area and trying to build relationships with the high school programs you do not want to burn any relationships that you may need, period, that is business 101 type of stuff. College recruiting is no different than business in the respect that it is largely about relationships. Also if you really take what he said as a public "dissing" that is to bad but this stuff goes on all the time with the major college programs and as our program grows and we begin recruiting higher rated recruits and players with more options in schools it will continue to happen. The better option would be what can we do to make this an athletes top choice program, as fans we can show up to the games and make sure that EVERY game is a sellout which has not occured in the past and will need to continue once the novelty of the new stadium wears off in years down the line.

If the whole program all of the sudden becomes offended because one of their players got caught lying and then called out on it, then I have two words for them: grow up. This is a one-time negotiation and interaction with one kid. Are there other DC Everest kids that act this dishonestly during their recruitment? If there are, then I say good riddance.

However, this hasn't been the pattern with kids from this school, just in this particular instance. Kids are individuals and their recruiting process is entirely individual, despite past relationships. So no, I'm not worried about offending DC Everest in the slightest. On top of that, there are plenty of other schools we've been reaching into lately that we haven't reached into in the past. In other words, DC Everest isn't a school I'm too worried about offending.

GG, since you won't let this situation go, I will repost my earlier question in the hopes that you will actually answer it this time:

I am not related to the kid, have never seen him play either. I am simply a fan who doesn't want us to potentially hinder recruiting at a high school or area because we lost one kid. I also do not get that worked up over losing one recruit this early in the recruiting process. I am not a Badger fan at all, have never lived in Wisconsin either. I grew up in Lincoln, NE attending nearly all of the Husker games and enjoyed watching a dynasty in action and seeing what a devoted fan base can do for a program and then came to the University of Minnesota for college and have lived in Minneapolis and San Antonio, TX since then, so as you can see no ties to Wisconsin.

Going off on a kid and his father if it even did occur is not smart as it burns a potential relationship if it gets back to the high school coach. ... Also if you really take what he said as a public "dissing" that is to bad but this stuff goes on all the time with the major college programs and as our program grows and we begin recruiting higher rated recruits and players with more options in schools it will continue to happen.

I doubt very much that calling someone on being a jerk is going to upset anyone's apple cart (other than yours, apparently). I don't believe this sort of thing happens "all the time". I am sure it does happen but seldom does someone make it this obvious. The only other public thing like this, that I recall, is Spurrier pulling a scholarship from a kid that had verbally committed last year. In that case, the HS coach did say he would not be sending any more players SC's way.

And, just for the record, going back to 2003 we have had five recruits from Wisconsin -- none of which had any other D1 offers. One of these, John Jakel in 2003, was from Schofield.

I also do not get that worked up over losing one recruit this early in the recruiting process.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE DECOMMITMENT. THE PROBLEM LIES WITH THE LYING LIAR WHO LIED, AND THEN MADE HIS LIES EVEN WORSE BY PACKING THEM UP AND TAKING THEM WITH HIM TO MADISON.

Jeez, how many people have to pound this into your thick skull before you get it?

I heard that pregnant women drink for free in Madison. Is there any validity to this rumor?

I doubt very much that calling someone on being a jerk is going to upset anyone's apple cart (other than yours, apparently). I don't believe this sort of thing happens "all the time". I am sure it does happen but seldom does someone make it this obvious. The only other public thing like this, that I recall, is Spurrier pulling a scholarship from a kid that had verbally committed last year. In that case, the HS coach did say he would not be sending any more players SC's way.

And, just for the record, going back to 2003 we have had five recruits from Wisconsin -- none of which had any other D1 offers. One of these, John Jakel in 2003, was from Schofield.

Actually it does happen quite a bit between the big programs, may be new to you as a gopher fan however because Minnesota rarely went after much less got committments from recruits that the big boys ever wanted, and no Wisconsin is not a major player of national relevance. Just because we only took one from Schofield in 2003 doesn't mean that they couldn't have the next superstar down the line.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE DECOMMITMENT. THE PROBLEM LIES WITH THE LYING LIAR WHO LIED, AND THEN MADE HIS LIES EVEN WORSE BY PACKING THEM UP AND TAKING THEM WITH HIM TO MADISON.

Jeez, how many people have to pound this into your thick skull before you get it?

It must be nice to live in your glass house as I am sure that you never changed your mind or lied as you call it when you were 17, except no one cared or knew about it because you weren't in the spotlight then. Either way getting worked up over what a 17 year old kid did or did not say seems pretty extreme.

It must be nice to live in your glass house as I am sure that you never changed your mind or lied as you call it when you were 17, except no one cared or knew about it because you weren't in the spotlight then. Either way getting worked up over what a 17 year old kid did or did not say seems pretty extreme.

This is not about me. This is about Zagzebski. By your logic, no one can question anything Brewster does unless they've been the head coach of a D-IA college football team. Or question Obama unless they've been president.

As for why this is different, you've answered it in your own post. I never made a decision when I was 17 years old on which hinged the expenditure of tens of thousands of dollars in tuition, as well as the hopes, fears, emotions (whatever you want to call it) of several fanbases.

Lied "as I call it"? What else do you call what he did besides lying?

Did or did not say? It's in black and white. Unless you are suggesting the reporter of fabricating what Zagzebski said? That's a pretty harsh accusation - do you have any evidence to back up this claim?

I could be mistaken, but from my perspective, this has nothing to do with changing his mind. It has to do with previous statements in which the kid lied. And maybe you don't hold people accountable for what they say. That's fine, but don't criticize others who hold others true to their word. As has been said earlier, a 17-year old kid knows the difference between lying and not lying. I really don't care where he ends up. I do care that he lied about it when all he had to do was say "I need to talk things over with my family" or "I haven't made up my mind yet". That's where it begins and ends.

You can continue to try to deflect this into "well, I bet when you were 17, you lied too" or "stop getting worked up over what a 17-year old says" if you want. I can answer that , no, I didn't lie about something like this when I was 17 and that I get worked up when anyone, regardless of age and context, lies about their intentions. End of story. Can't speak for anybody else, but that's how I roll and have always rolled.

This is not about me. This is about Zagzebski. By your logic, no one can question anything Brewster does unless they've been the head coach of a D-IA college football team. Or question Obama unless they've been president.

As for why this is different, you've answered it in your own post. I never made a decision when I was 17 years old on which hinged the expenditure of tens of thousands of dollars in tuition, as well as the hopes, fears, emotions (whatever you want to call it) of several fanbases.

Lied "as I call it"? What else do you call what he did besides lying?

Did or did not say? It's in black and white. Unless you are suggesting the reporter of fabricating what Zagzebski said? That's a pretty harsh accusation - do you have any evidence to back up this claim?[/QUOTE

The kid did not take any scholarship money and run, also the kid doesn't live his life nor should he based on the fanbases hopes, fears, emotions. It is not a players responsibility to carry your burdens. I am confused what you mean in reference to "By your logic, no one can question anything Brewster does unless they've been the head coach of a D-IA college football team. Or question Obama unless they've been president." I also did not accuse the reporter of lying, I said he may have said it, and lets assume he did, big deal. Don't get so worked up over a kid not living up to your expectations of him, trust me he doesn't care what you or I think. Instead of placing them on pedestals or as your avatar realize that they are young fallable human beings who will make mistakes and disappoint you at times.

I never said that he took scholarship money and ran. What I am saying is that his lying is rightfully held under greater scrutiny because of the profile of his decision and what is at stake.

Your "glass houses" comment insinuates that you cannot hold someone's untruthfulness against them unless you have never lied yourself. The fallaciousness of that assertion is so overwhelming I don't even know where to begin.

I don't understand where the "avatar" comment you keep spouting comes from, but whatever.

Ugh, this thread has to end. For some reason, you are a Zagzebski apologist. That's your bag. You have also proven your obstinacy time and again when it comes to admitting when you're wrong.

/Thread for me.

I never said that he took scholarship money and ran. What I am saying is that his lying is rightfully held under greater scrutiny because of the profile of his decision and what is at stake.

Your "glass houses" comment insinuates that you cannot hold someone's untruthfulness against them unless you have never lied yourself. The fallaciousness of that assertion is so overwhelming I don't even know where to begin.

I don't understand where the "avatar" comment you keep spouting comes from, but whatever.

Ugh, this thread has to end. For some reason, you are a Zagzebski apologist. That's your bag. You have also proven your obstinacy time and again when it comes to admitting when you're wrong.

/Thread for me.

I will end it now, I just think it is funny and quite frankly sad when a grown man worships these kids so much that you have to sign everything with an avatar of a high school or college age kid. Let me guess, you have a favorite character in Dungeons and Dragons as well.

Until MN becomes a top Football school, early commits are going to change their minds. This is part of the recruiting gamble. A major college choice with a scholarship is a major decision for a teen and he is going to go back and forth over it.

No sense getting pyrotechnic over it. Best wishes to him.

So am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that this thread early on was making fun of Badger fans because they were saying bad things about him when he was a Minnesota commit and it turned into Minnesota fans saying bad things about him because he's a Badger commit?

Who is Bucky?

It is becky badger. Doesn't Wisconsin even know the nickname of their own team? I would love to confront one of these losers. They would not know what hit them. I do not think they know who they are dealing with. Butt Fu@ky badger also has a nice ring to it.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that this thread early on was making fun of Badger fans because they were saying bad things about him when he was a Minnesota commit and it turned into Minnesota fans saying bad things about him because he's a Badger commit?

The difference here is that Badger fans were ripping him because he supposedly wasn't good enough on the field to warrant an offer. Gopher fans are ripping him because he misled and lied to the coaching staff and the school after making a verbal. A big difference there.

I will end it now, I just think it is funny and quite frankly sad when a grown man worships these kids so much that you have to sign everything with an avatar of a high school or college age kid. Let me guess, you have a favorite character in Dungeons and Dragons as well.

Dude, seriously, get over yourself. You sure are arrogant for bringing nothing but incessant negativity to this board. You even bitch about bitching. Enough!

If the player was acting dishonestly or deceitfully, it will catch up to him, whether to make the Gophers look bad, get his jollies or try to finagle a scholie out of becky, who really cares. If that is his MO, it will not be long before he will be known as a person who cannot be trusted. Not only that, if he does that on this level, meaning playing major colleges for fools, what is to say he does not do it on lessor levels, such as with friends, associates, teammates...you get the idea. Either way, it will catch up with him.

Regardless, people changing their minds on commitments happens all the time and hardly just to the Gophers.

This coming from a guy who has posted more than a dozen posts in this string alone regarding a high school kid? Who's worshiping high school kids? Glass houses.....:cool::rolleyes:

:rockon:
I heard that pregnant women drink for free in Madison. Is there any validity to this rumor?

KoolAid...I think you have it backwards....Women drink free in Wisconsin and then get pregnant clap: :clap:

Who cares? I would have liked to have him aboard, but he decided to go elsewhere, good luck to him. We can't control it. I am confident in Brewster as a recruiter and by signing day he will get a good class together either way.

Top Bottom