Zagzebski ???

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
I have heard that Wisconsin has really turned up the heat on him in the last few weeks and MN has had a hard time reaching him so, while can't confirm this, this latest from Buckyland does make you raise your eyebrows.

From the badgermanic Scout board

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2561&t=4213378

If true, I wonder what the majority of Becky fans who said he wasn't good enough will now say.

He must have proven himself during his Sr. season. Oh, wait. :rolleyes:

I have made my feelings known on my evaluation of Konrad. I am still curious to see what position he would be recruited for at UW. If he is a Dend I dont even think he is the best Dend in the state, that would probably be Mike Hardy(whom visited UM this weekend) and I dont even think he is the best MLB prospect(That being Marcus Trotter). To be honest I would be pretty confused by this if he choose UW.

oh, but the badger board states by going to the UW he would selecting a better FB program and a better school. UW insecurity showing.

"It was a great decision for BB to wait on Konrad and, if he's lucky, he could earn his scholarship this summer or this fall when he proves that he is 100% healthy."

This made me laugh. Wiscy thinks they are the B10 version of USC or something. Blind arrogance

What does nm stand for? I always see it on here and never know.:confused:

Just to be 100% clear. If KZ goes to Wisconsin we wanted him and if he doesn't we did not want him.

This is all talk...GH, this is when one of your classic interviews with the kid would be awesome. (Hope this is just another drunk/mad badger fan)

This is all talk...GH, this is when one of your classic interviews with the kid would be awesome. (Hope this is just another drunk/mad badger fan)

Perhaps a reference to your sig is needed here, 5SF?

An amusing post from the same Scout thread ...

Nope, that cannot be true. It was made very, very clear this winter on this board that KZ:

1. Is coming off an injury and any team that offered him this early before seeing if he had fully recovered from his injury is gambling and really stupid.

2. Is not fast enough to play LB, esp. after his injury, and so he'd have to play DE. Wisconsin is LOADED at DE so they have absolutely no need for him anyway.

3. He's not the top player in Wisconsin so BB has time to decide if he's worth an offer or not at either a summer camp of during his senior season.

4. The Badgers have too few scholly's this year to offer a player early that is coming off an injury, is not the top player in Wisconsin and plays a position where the Badgers have 8 players in the past two classes. They literally can't afford to offer such a marginal player.

All of these points were made clear on this board so I don't really see how any of these rumblings of a Wisconsin offer and commit can be true. There are certainly other Wisconsin players ranked ahead of him that the Badgers would offer first. Those players are even at positions of much greater need than D-end.

I think this sums it up pretty well. ;)

:D At least you can have fun with it.

We would never say such a thing on our board! :D

I wish he would come public and state it one way or another so we could make up our mind how we think about him.

That is impossible...

Badgers never warm on a player, they only cool on everyone they miss out on.

From what I have heard, the kid has basically been unreachable for interviews. Could be as simple as he committed and doesn't want to talk since nothing has changed or he is avoiding having to go on the record while he is still deciding things, which is perfectly understandable but also why college football recruiting is hard to take serious this early in the year. Also looks like hardy will have a decision in a few weeks once he makes some more unofficial visits around the midwest.

Okay, for all of you people who will defend this "kid" as being a 17-year old and this being such a big decision and its natural for him to have second thoughts, blah blah blah.

It's all crap. Yes, these are kids who have every right to change their mind, but don't understimate them and think they are just innocent, confused little puppies. No - this is an age where these guys are aware of and read every single word written about them. They have parents, teachers, classmates, fellow community members, who all are aware of this stuff as well.

My thoughts on this - this is a kid who wanted to go to UW all along and used a Gopher offer to leverage himself, PR wise, in order to get a an offer from UW. See his quotes from back in January when he committed to MN.

My theory is that he said "What? I was the No. 1 rated recruit last year and UW hasn't even offered me? Well, lets see what happens when I commit to Minnesota - I'll have an offer in no time."

And that's fine, he has every right to do whatever it takes to get an offer from the school he wanted to go to all along.

But Konrad, if my theory (and I realize it is just a theory) is correct, then yes, you have every right to do whatever it takes to get an offer from UW, but it doesn't make you an less of a d-bag for handling this in the the way you did.

Healthy or not, thank you Sam Maresh - you are our ideal!

Very interesting, but I guess I'm not totally surprised. Meh, I would rather have an athlete from TX or FL.

I really think Edwards has more upside as far as raw talent, but I hope Parish doesn't decide to follow suit and jump ship as well.

On the plus side we get to watch the boys in the maroon and gold pound zagzebski every year.

I officially can't stand Wisc more than ever now. Whatever life goes on and we will find another kid that actually wants to be here. Too bad Konrad will have to be sitting on the bench when we destroy what BB has already started to, and Seantrel pancakes him! Who knows he prob will change his mind a couple more times before its all said and done. My guess is when Mich. or Mich St. throws an offer out. :rolleyes:

I really think Edwards has more upside as far as raw talent, but I hope Parish doesn't decide to follow suit and jump ship as well.

The two are a bit different in that Parish visted before committing, and that unlike Zagzebski he had the opportunity to commit to Wisconsin before he verballed to Minnesota.

I was pumped when KZ "committed" to MN, but I now know we can do better - hopefully talent-wise (KZ is talented, so maybe not), but certainly character-wise (again, see quotes from January).

There, I've said my piece (twice), and will no longer mention this player's name on this site again.

That's recruiting for you. High schoolers are an unpredictable bunch, good luck to him except anytime he plays the Gophers.

Top Bottom