Mike Max has no business being on Gopher Football with Jerry Kill

husker70

Reaction score
In this week's episode he is wraping it up and says is there anything better than a Saturday afternoon in the Big 10 with 4-0 meeting 4-0? Come on, Man! The team from the south is 3-1.

In this week's episode he is raping it up and says is there anything better than a Saturday afternoon in the Big 10 with 4-0 meeting 4-0? Come on, Man! The team from the south is 3-1.

Ugh, Mike Max...what (if any) local sports broadcaster is really a big Gopher's supporter/follower? I stopped watching Kare11 because Randy Shaver can't get enough coverage of High School sports on tv and barely would ever talk about the Gophers. I've returned to watching WCCO, but am not a Mike Max fan, Rosen usually has pretty good coverage of them.

I would think Tim McNiff, Mike Grim, or even Joe Schimdt would be able to do it.

Ugh, Mike Max...what (if any) local sports broadcaster is really a big Gopher's supporter/follower? I stopped watching Kare11 because Randy Shaver can't get enough coverage of High School sports on tv and barely would ever talk about the Gophers. I've returned to watching WCCO, but am not a Mike Max fan, Rosen usually has pretty good coverage of them.

I'm with you Crazy Tony - to a point - CCO's coverage is so full of commercials that it's almost not worth watching. They continually tease with sports during their newscasts, but they take so many commercials that it's a joke. After birthday news (the weather) they take a 3 minute commercial break. Then Rosen/Max comes on and says one or two sentences and they break again for 2 minutes of more commercials. Then Rosen/Max has at the most 2 minutes to talk sports. It's just not CCO - but really - their 1/2 hour newscast should be called: WCCO: Commercials and 15 Minutes of Local News.

I'm with you Crazy Tony - to a point - CCO's coverage is so full of commercials that it's almost not worth watching. They continually tease with sports during their newscasts, but they take so many commercials that it's a joke. After birthday news (the weather) they take a 3 minute commercial break. Then Rosen/Max comes on and says one or two sentences and they break again for 2 minutes of more commercials. Then Rosen/Max has at the most 2 minutes to talk sports. It's just not CCO - but really - their 1/2 hour newscast should be called: WCCO: Commercials and 15 Minutes of Local News.

DVR the news then watch it later in 5-10 minutes. Works great.

Max is a total tool. I've got some stories when he use to hang at the Commander Bar at Brezzy Point, but it is not even worth telling.

Just watch max during the film sessions on the show. He looks like a kid at his first movie.

Mike Max

Yes - that's the way to go these days.

I read the board pretty often and have not participated with comments in a couple of years. However, I felt compelled late this afternoon. Mike Max (Mr. Gaylord/Mr. Hamline) tries hard. He really does. He seems connected (Sid's caddie and Steve Cannon's when he was alive).

You need to realize who is real #1 employer is. WCCO....the CBS company...the good neighbor. As you well know, WCCO use to have the radio broadcast rights. He bashed the U big time during that change. Perhaps he still does. Don't know that for sure.

For those like me who have been around for a while, I can not understand him. He talks much too fast; seems to always be in a hurry and can not pronounce the English language properly.

It is nice to see him be successul, being the local Minnesota small-town boy doing so well. At the same time, I believe, sadly...that he is much like most our local sports media contingent across the board who
really don't care about the only Division I football progarm in our great state. I fully realize that Mike and the rest of the media are not paid to support and/or at least be positive for the teams that they cover.

Here is hoping for a Gopher victory over Iowa on Saturday and some positivity (if possible) for our Golden Gophers in the media this coming weekend and beyond.

At the same time, if the Gophers get beat on the scoreboard Saturday by Iowa, most of our media will throw the coaches, players and the University of MN-Twin Cities under the bus. Should be fun at the Bank Saturday. Looking forward to it. Wonder if Souhan will show up? Or, is he in London with the Queen?

Keep the blonde, get rid of Max. I've never liked him.

The problem with Mike Max is that no matter what or who he's discussing things with, the discussion is always going to be about Mike Max.

If you watched the show, he asked Coach Kill if Nelson would be ready. Coach said the trainers have equipment to evaluate the hamstring injury, but........... and Mike Jumps in and says you never know about a hamstring as he grabbed his knee.

I remember Mike Max fondly, from his days on KCMT, ch 7, Alexandria.That guy had more synonyms for "beat" than any other sports guy in America. Sauk Center tops Melrose. Apollo over Tech. Evansville blanks Upsala. It was genius.

Top Bottom