First play vs. Iowa - Play Action Pass!!!

We're Comin'

Reaction score
They will never do it, but I think they should line up in read option shotgun, fake the handoff and hit a WR on a 10 yard in.

It will likely be a handoff for a 2 yard gain, but one can dream!

What if the game plan is like it was against Purdue last year. Wide open with either Nelson (more likely) or Leidner winging it?

They will never do it, but I think they should line up in read option shotgun, fake the handoff and hit a WR on a 10 yard in.

didnt we start last year off with a play action pass that was intercepted?

agree... but it should be a seam route right down the hash to maxx that will end up going for 6 on the safety biting up to try play filler for the read option to take leidner... hawkeyes shell shocked. we jump all over them and the rout is on

didnt we start last year off with a play action pass that was intercepted?

Not exactly, but it was on our first drive and it was on a first down.

Meyer, Mike kickoff 57 yards to the MINN8, Stoudermire, T. return 2 yards to the MINN10 (Kirksey, C.;Swanson, Jack).
Minn 1-10 at Minn10 MINNESOTA drive start at 12:35.
Minn 1-10 at Minn10 Kirkwood, D. rush left for 3 yards to the MINN13 (Hyde, Micah;Morris, James).
Minn 2-7 at Minn13 Kirkwood, D. rush right for 1 yard to the MINN14 (Donatell, Tom;Gaglione, Joe).
Minn 3-6 at Minn14 [SG], Shortell, Max pass complete to Engel, Derrick for 17 yards to the MINN31, 1ST DOWN MINN (Morris, James).
Minn 1-10 at Minn31 Shortell, Max pass intercepted by Miller, Tanner at the IOWA20, Miller, Tanner return 0 yards to the IOWA20, out-of-bounds.

Would a first play play action even work? You don't think it wouldn't be expected? It's probably exactly what the coaches are telling their players.

R Williams almost broke the first play up the middle against SJSU.

Let's line up in punt formation and do the kick pass like Eastern Kentucky did last week.

I'm still not sure why the punter just didn't throw the ball. The guy would have been open either way.

Let's line up in punt formation and do the kick pass like Eastern Kentucky did last week.

I'm still not sure why the punter just didn't throw the ball. The guy would have been open either way.

Didn't know Dave Lee has a Doppelganger (voice version) is now broadcasting for EKU! Interesting.

Hard to run PAP when you haven't set up the run yet......but wait.....they're expecting us to run.... IT'S PERFECT!!

Didn't know Dave Lee has a Doppelganger (voice version) is now broadcasting for EKU! Interesting.

What the heck is that? Isn't that considered a punt (change of possession)? Someone help me out here.

What the heck is that? Isn't that considered a punt (change of possession)? Someone help me out here.
Kick pass is legal as long as the receiver is not beyond the line of scrimmage.

Top Bottom