55-0

Stan

Reaction score
That f'n SUCKED!

BRING BACK FLOYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Thanks, this thread now makes me want to punch my Iowan cousins in the throat. grrrrrrrrr (stupid metrodump)

My now-wife-then-girlfriend had only been up in Minnesota two years (she's an Aggie from Texas A&M) but she started going to Gopher games with me when I got season tickets in 2007 (I had had them as a student in the late 90s early 00s before moving out of state). We "improved" our seats for 2008 and got put in a terrible section on the visitors side of the field directly behind one of the most negative Gopher fans I'd ever interacted with. As the season wore on he wore on me. But I had enjoyed the early season. Some of my friends from Bozeman came into town to watch Montana State vs the Gophs. And I tend to forget that *that* Wisconsin game was the week before. And I also forget that we actually made it to a bowl game that year!

Anyway, when we finally made it to the end of the year I said that we were staying until the last second ticked off of that crappy Metrodome clock. Well, you all know what happened then. That was a long 3-4 hours. My wife is still bitter about it and brings it up all the time.

Never forget.

I have had season tickets since '94 and have only missed 2 home games in that time (was in two family weddings couldn't get out of). Of all the games I've seen, that was the 2nd worst ever. A buddy and I had made a tradition of buying/bidding on field passes for games at the Signing Day Social each year. We had had a blast at the first couple and figured it would be a great way to wrap up our time in the 'Dome. We tailgated in the Goal Line Club lot at the Dome as always. Given it was the final game, we hit it hard and decided to close out in style. Big mistake. We hit the field about an hour from kickoff and watched the warm-ups. Iowa was focused and intense, our guys were sloppy and going through the motions. About the time the band started their pre-game show, a security guy comes up and tells us that his supervisor up in the booth had a pair of binoculars on us and that we better stay in line. So with that, we made our way near the Gophers tunnel to watch the boys take the field. That turned out to be the highlight of the day. Security informed us that we did not have on/off floor rights and that we needed to stay until they opened the stairs at the end of the game. We never leave a game until the band has played my alma mater but this game would have been the one I would have left early if possible. When we wrapped up, we went out to our tailgate spot to find the lot virtually empty and our regular tailgate group essentially gone. Rough, rough night.

Top Bottom