Lincoln Journal Star: Minnesota has arguably been the most-sound team in the division

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Lincoln Journal Star:

Minnesota has arguably been the most-sound team in the Legends Division. The Gophers have adopted Jerry Kill’s philosophy of running the football, counting on play-action passes and limiting errors; Minnesota has only 10 penalties through four games — 2.5 per game, tied for third-fewest in the nation — and have committed only three turnovers.

Yet the Gophers’ 4-0 record has come against lesser competition, and you’ll recall that Minnesota also started last year 4-0, only to go 2-6 in Big Ten play. Kill said his team still needs to improve its strength, too.

The Gophers have a chance to prove themselves in Saturday’s home game against Iowa, a team Kill said "physically whipped" Minnesota last season.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_d24c784b-4141-5d97-8cfb-0098f64219ca.html

Go Gophers!!

per the Lincoln Journal Star:

counting on play-action passes and limiting errors;

I hope he has a crystal ball into the future, where he's seen us torch the Iowa secondary downfield on play-action passes, because I feel like we haven't actually seen any yet. I mean, that's gotta be the closely guarded playbook secret they've been keeping packed away the last month, right?

I think Kill and the staff are pulling a Milton Berle with the playbook.

They only pull out enough to win.

Top Bottom