Gophers expecting largest student section in several years

Didn't like to hear this from the guest picker section on the ESPN blog:

This week's guest picker has been all over the Big Ten map. Phillip Mykleby from Minneapolis, the floor is yours.

I'd like to be a guest picker for this weeks games if you don't mind. I guess you can I've been all around the Big Ten in my lifetime. I'm a lifelong Iowa Hawkeye fan growing up and undergrad (I actually met you once in Iowa City for Iowa-Michigan in 2009), then off to Nebraska for grad school, and now I work for the U of Minn. This weekend's game for the Floyd of Rosedale has some added meaning for me. And my entire family will be coming up from Iowa and cheering for the Hawkeyes in the Gopher student section!

Yuck

Why are we hiring Iowa alums?

100% guaranteed that it's Iowa fans. I find it hilarious that just 48 hours ago they were warning the students that their tickets would go on sale to the general public.

48 hours later and the student section is sold out! Way to go students! The U just conveniently forgot to mention that the remaining tickets were not purchased by students.

You just watch. I know probably 50 students that still wanted tickets. It will be maroon and gold in that end zone. Can't wait to rock TCF.

I hope they get called horrible names.

I doubt it. I remember the 2009 Badger game and there were quite a bit of Badger fans in the upper level student section. They had a "F**k the Gophers" chant going on a few times and the U students sat there silently each time. Pathetic.

Is section 221 in the student section? I purchased 9 tickets in that section on Tuesday evening. Should be a great game!

I actually wasn't sure if Section 221 was considered the Student Section. I posted a reply on the message board yesterday for the first time in a long time. I know it is close to the Student Section but I am not sure if it is considered a section in the Student Section. No attempt to stir trouble here or "troll." I hope the stadium is packed full, it makes for a better experience.

Would rather have Iowa fans there than empty seats. Adds to the atmosphere and makes it better when we take Floyd back and rush the field. #GoGophers

Obviously you have never sat next to an Iowa fan! Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

Somebody should put some road blocks on 35 north Friday night. I'd rather see empty seats than Hawkeye fans.

There kind of is between Elko-New Market and Lakeville (single lane) major pain....hopefully they'll leave Sat. morning and be late!!!!!!!

There kind of us between Elko-New Market and Lakeville (single lane) major pain....hopefully they'll leave Sat. morning and be late!!!!!!!

Silly, you can't leave Iowa on Sat. morning and get to TCF for an afternoon game on a tractor! (Even with their off-road capabilities)

Is section 221 in the student section? I purchased 9 tickets in that section on Tuesday evening. Should be a great game!

no you didn't. but thanks for playing troll. can't be true as everyone knows that people from iowa don't have that kind of cash to throw around. :pig:

no you didn't. but thanks for playing troll. can't be true as everyone knows that people from iowa don't have that kind of cash to throw around. :pig:

I honestly wasn't sure if the Section was considered to be inside the Student Section or just outside of it. Clearly, you have made up your mind on this one, whether based on reality or not. Good luck and Go Hawks!

I honestly wasn't sure if the Section was considered to be inside the Student Section or just outside of it. Clearly, you have made up your mind on this one, whether based on reality or not. Good luck and Go Hawks!

I really don't know what the student section numbers are? I'm on the other side of the stadium, but I have no doubt Iowa fans bought the majority of the tickets that were left.

I really don't know what the student section numbers are? I'm on the other side of the stadium, but I have no doubt Iowa fans bought the majority of the tickets that were left.

and i have no doubt that your summation of this issue is doubtful at best. and i never doubt myself.....no doubt about it. ;-)

Michael Rand: One of the hottest tickets in all of college football is Gophers vs. Iowa

"And if you want to get in the building, it will cost you. According to an e-mail from Vivid Seats, the median secondary market price for Saturday's game at TCF Bank Stadium is $152. That's the fifth-highest of all college football games this weekend."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/225394372.html

The hate is palpable and rising.
Time to send these iowegian scum back to their dirt fields down south.
Iowegians in the students section? Students need to man up and make it a hostile enviroment(legally).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> confirmed a sellout (50,805) for Saturday's <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23B1G&src=hash">#B1G</a> opener/homecoming game against Iowa. First since Syracuse game last year.</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/383323538515435520">September 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

and i have no doubt that your summation of this issue is doubtful at best. and i never doubt myself.....no doubt about it. ;-)

I hope you are correct. 1000 left over tickets isn't a big deal imo, so if Iowa fans got 700 of them, it still won't be a big deal.

The hate is palpable and rising.
Time to send these iowegian scum back to their dirt fields down south.
Iowegians in the students section? Students need to man up and make it a hostile environment(legally).

Here ya go "Mr. Furious!"

per Sid:

• The Gophers ticket office made every effort not to sell tickets to the Iowa game to Hawkeyes fans. If the application had an Iowa address on it, they didn’t get the tickets.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/225437042.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Does Sid think ticket sales go through the admissions office or something? What is this application he speaks of?

Not to mention the number of Hawkeye fans living around here.

Top Bottom