Reusse loving the Gophers???????????

Reusse actually predicted the gophers could win several big ten games this year. Cent remember but it was like three or four.

He said 4 or 5 in piece of work he had several day ago.

I hate to break it to everyone, but Viking fans aren't going to burn their jerseys and start buying Gopher tickets because the Goph's are 5-0 and the Vikes are 0-4. A large reason for the difference in following the teams is that people tend to either favor the NFL or college football. If the U quit fielding a football team, how many of you that aren't already would suddenly become die-hard Viking fans?

It would take a cultural shift and sustained period of good Gopher teams coupled with bad Viking teams over the course of 5-10 years to change the state from primarily Viking to Gopher fans.

JG is right about this. The primary reason being that the growling, grease painted, Zuboz sporting fans never went to college.

He said 4 or 5 in piece of work he had several day ago.

This game is huge for us. Iowa is likely the weakest B1G opponent we play this year. If we lose it, he can say that we had him fooled, and everyone who said that we haven't played anybody and we won't win once we get into the conference can say "I told you so." Here's hoping this is the year we really shut some people up.

I also believe Nelson is better, but I am hoping that whenever each is under center, they are top shelf! It's okay if they both do a good job.

Where Nelson has the upper-hand is in the fact that he ran a pistol formation offense in high school and is therefore more familiar with the options from that set. However, Leidner clearly played in a much tougher conference in high school and in a much more challenging environment. The question for me is: Which of these two quarterbacks has the psychological edge for winning in grind-it-out games? Based upon high school experience, I'd have to give the edge to Leidner.

Clearly, the coaching staff at the U have a much better grasp on that issue than any of us, but that mental edge is what really separates the first string player from the backup. Just from watching the first four games of the season, I'd give a slight edge to Leidner, but really...that isn't my call.

#5 Stanford - Raiders/49ers
#15 Miami - Dolphins
#16 Washington - Seahawks
#17 Northwestern - Bears
#18 Michigan - Lions

So, only 25% of the top 20.:rolleyes:

Thank you again. Freedom and football blogs require ongoing vigilance. Without it, the bad guys will win.:clap:

#5 Stanford - Raiders/49ers
#15 Miami - Dolphins
#16 Washington - Seahawks
#17 Northwestern - Bears
#18 Michigan - Lions

So, only 25% of the top 20.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure about Ann Arbor and Detroit but they are within an hour of each other. But regardless, there are plenty of Top 20 teams that share a market with the NFL. Good stuff.

Crossing my fingers that the total damages and attorneys' fees in Ziggy's fraud case are big enough that the Vikes' stadium deal crumbles due to astronomical and unaffordable seat licenses and the team moves to LA! I do enjoy the NFL and the Vikes (just not as much as most football fans) but until the Vikes leave, they will almost always get more press, coverage, attention, etc than the Gophers football team.

Is this really what is required to be a Gopher football fan? Good lord. Must I root for Target Center to burn down to be a Gopher hoops fan too? Are we really this pathetic? Worry about beating Iowa, not the Vikings.

Is this really what is required to be a Gopher football fan? Good lord. Must I root for Target Center to burn down to be a Gopher hoops fan too? Are we really this pathetic? Worry about beating Iowa, not the Vikings.

Besides, the Vikings cannot move to L.A. nor could they ever have moved. I was a cheap threat that was easy to see through. It wasn't even a real build it or we'll move threat. The L.A. stadium deal fell through. There was no where to play. Some people are really freaking gullible.

Yes, yes we are.

Top Bottom