Reusse loving the Gophers???????????

Halsey Hall

Reaction score
On his show yesterday, he and Mackey speculated what would happen if the Gophers beat Iowa and the Vikes lose in London. They both hinted the Gophers would start to be more popular with the fans (which is why I cheer against the Vikings). Reusse said positive things about the team and Leidner. Now if we can just get KFAN on board, we might have something. I find it maddening that the Vikings get 75% if the coverage here. The Gophers should at least get 50%. If we go to a major Bowl and the Vikings win 4 games, things might change.

On his show yesterday, he and Mackey speculated what would happen if the Gophers beat Iowa and the Vikes lose in London. They both hinted the Gophers would start to be more popular with the fans (which is why I cheer against the Vikings). Reusse said positive things about the team and Leidner. Now if we can just get KFAN on board, we might have something. I find it maddening that the Vikings get 75% if the coverage here. The Gophers should at least get 50%. If we go to a major Bowl and the Vikings win 4 games, things might change.

No they shouldn't. As much as some don't like it, more people care about the Vikings than the Gophers in MN. It's just the way it is. It's nice to have somewhat of balanced coverage but I don't blame them if they cover the Vikings more. It shouldn't be 80-20 in the Vikings favor but I don't think it's reasonable to expect 50-50 at this point either IMO.

Would be nice wouldn't it. Patrick also said yesterday that he had some people ask him if he saw the "Can Souhan" signs? They told him that Souhan now is "Gopher Fan's Public Enemy Number One!" He told them they should give him time and "I'll get it back!"

Don't doubt that for the world.

Reusse is just setting you all up, once we lose a game he'll be back to his old self.

No they shouldn't. As much as some don't like it, more people care about the Vikings than the Gophers in MN. It's just the way it is. It's nice to have somewhat of balanced coverage but I don't blame them if they cover the Vikings more. It shouldn't be 80-20 in the Vikings favor but I don't think it's reasonable to expect 50-50 at this point either IMO.

I can't for seat licensing to kick the average Vikings game fan in the ass to pay for the Wilf's portion of the stadium. Will we be watching football on Sundays? I would really like to know that answer.

I listen to KFAN a lot, and I will tell you the amount of airtime devoted to talking Gophers is up significantly, from a couple of token mentions here and there to 5 minute segments on an almost daily basis. If we beat Iowa and the Vikings lose this will continue to increase.

Gophers 4-0
Vikings 0-3

There's now more talk about the Gophers............who would of thunk?

This may be true, but Paul Allen is perhaps the most ignorant person around when it comes to Gopher's sports. I heard just a snippet the other day and he was clueless regarding who the Gopher's linebackers were. He had to be corrected about three times in a one minute bit because he simply didn't know what he was talking about. Time to put PA out to pasture!

I listen to KFAN a lot, and I will tell you the amount of airtime devoted to talking Gophers is up significantly, from a couple of token mentions here and there to 5 minute segments on an almost daily basis. If we beat Iowa and the Vikings lose this will continue to increase.

Yes PA is lazy, you'd think with a great source like knowing Gopherlady that he'd actually take the time to get her insight and become more informed.

Yes PA is lazy, you'd think with a great source like knowing Gopherlady that he'd actually take the time to get her insight and become more informed.

Yeah. He is lazy, and he thinks he knows everything about the NFL now that he is compensated to know, which I find highly arrogant of him to continuously say. His program has gone downhill ever since Dubay departed.

Barreiro is only tolerable. He loves to rip the state and Twin Cities for no good reason, and he likes to be a contrarian simply to rile people up.

Commkn Man has by far the best program. He doesn't take things too seriously and doesn't come off as smug or try to be a contrarian to rile people up. If he is being a contrarian it is because he is doing a comedy bit.

This may be true, but Paul Allen is perhaps the most ignorant person around when it comes to Gopher's sports. I heard just a snippet the other day and he was clueless regarding who the Gopher's linebackers were. He had to be corrected about three times in a one minute bit because he simply didn't know what he was talking about. Time to put PA out to pasture!

Speaking of lazy & uninformed, Max had KJ Maye on today and was shocked to discover he played qb in high school.

During the pregame show on KFAN last Sat. the host kept calling Mitch Leidner "Leed-ner". These guys are not only stupid but they are arrogant. They make fun of fans calling them "rubes" and yet they make a living reporting to fans ... so who's the fool?????

Speaking of lazy & uninformed, Max had KJ Maye on today and was shocked to discover he played qb in high school.

During the pregame show on KFAN last Sat. the host kept calling Mitch Leidner "Leed-ner". These guys are not only stupid but they are arrogant. They make fun of fans calling them "rubes" and yet they make a living reporting to fans ... so who's the fool?????

I went to journalism school at the U. The professors would have been on your ass for mispronouncing a name, especially if you have access to the team, and all you have to do is make a phone call to the athletic department at some point over seven days to get the quarterback's name right.

The more you think about it, the more pathetic these guys really are.

Who cares what Fat Pat or PA say or don't say? They have little or no impact on the program. If they write or say that Minnesota people are missing the boat by not buying a ticket to watch the Gophers, will it matter?

IMO, what matters is what happens on the field.

Not to mention gophersports has audio pronunciation of all the players.

Who cares what Fat Pat or PA say or don't say? They have little or no impact on the program. If they write or say that Minnesota people are missing the boat by not buying a ticket to watch the Gophers, will it matter?

IMO, what matters is what happens on the field.
on the field, AND on Gopherhole. :cool:

Reusse has more Gopher fan street cred than most of us. At the RoseBowl he'll be grinning bigger than most of us for having suffered so long.

Reusse actually predicted the gophers could win several big ten games this year. Cent remember but it was like three or four.

There are a lot of things I miss about Minnesota. KFAN is not one of them. Quite simply the worst sports talk station I have ever heard, with Paul Allen being the single worst sports talk host I have ever heard. The day he is unemployed will be a marvelous one.

Let's hear Reusse support the Gophers in any way after a loss, and then we'll talk.

I hate to break it to everyone, but Viking fans aren't going to burn their jerseys and start buying Gopher tickets because the Goph's are 5-0 and the Vikes are 0-4. A large reason for the difference in following the teams is that people tend to either favor the NFL or college football. If the U quit fielding a football team, how many of you that aren't already would suddenly become die-hard Viking fans?

It would take a cultural shift and sustained period of good Gopher teams coupled with bad Viking teams over the course of 5-10 years to change the state from primarily Viking to Gopher fans.

Crossing my fingers that the total damages and attorneys' fees in Ziggy's fraud case are big enough that the Vikes' stadium deal crumbles due to astronomical and unaffordable seat licenses and the team moves to LA! I do enjoy the NFL and the Vikes (just not as much as most football fans) but until the Vikes leave, they will almost always get more press, coverage, attention, etc than the Gophers football team.

I hate to break it to everyone, but Viking fans aren't going to burn their jerseys and start buying Gopher tickets because the Goph's are 5-0 and the Vikes are 0-4. A large reason for the difference in following the teams is that people tend to either favor the NFL or college football. If the U quit fielding a football team, how many of you that aren't already would suddenly become die-hard Viking fans?

It would take a cultural shift and sustained period of good Gopher teams coupled with bad Viking teams over the course of 5-10 years to change the state from primarily Viking to Gopher fans.

True, but if the Vikings left town you would see many Vikings fans embrace the Gophers.

If you look at the top 20 college teams, none share a city/market with a NFL team. If any college team was ever more popular than the local NFL team, think Miami Hurricanes during the 90's, it was short-lived.

If you look at the top 20 college teams, none share a city/market with a NFL team.

#5 Stanford - Raiders/49ers
#15 Miami - Dolphins
#16 Washington - Seahawks
#17 Northwestern - Bears
#18 Michigan - Lions

So, only 25% of the top 20.:rolleyes:

I went to journalism school at the U. The professors would have been on your ass for mispronouncing a name, especially if you have access to the team, and all you have to do is make a phone call to the athletic department at some point over seven days to get the quarterback's name right.

The more you think about it, the more pathetic these guys really are.

Actually, all that is needed is to visit the football roster page on gophersports. They show you the phonetic spelling of each name as well as have a soundclip where you can listen to the name being pronounced.

#5 Stanford - Raiders/49ers
#15 Miami - Dolphins
#16 Washington - Seahawks
#17 Northwestern - Bears
#18 Michigan - Lions

So, only 25% of the top 20.:rolleyes:

Hopefully within the next few weeks we can add another team to that list.

Actually, all that is needed is to visit the football roster page on gophersports. They show you the phonetic spelling of each name as well as have a soundclip where you can listen to the name being pronounced.

Zach Johnson from GopherIllustrated says Leedner. After this weekend with Leidner going 4-10 with 2 picks Z. Johnson will not mispronounce Nelson.

Top Bottom