NMSU Press Conference Video - Coach Martin

I'm really impressed by their coach... so well spoken and he sure as hell knows the game.

I'm really impressed by their coach... so well spoken and he sure as hell knows the game.

Martin was the coach at Kent State before Hazell (now at Purdue) took over. I truly feel the season Kent had last year was partly due to the foundation and corner that coach Martin was starting to turn at Kent State.

He looks and sounds like Coach Poore's older brother.
Guys like him scare me, solid guys who keep their teams heads in the game.

Interesting to watch it and hear someone say they are trying to look more like US, than the other way around, for a change.

Martin seems like a very solid guy. Pretty good presser overall, with decent questions being asked.

Also interesting to hear the comments about the physical nature of Nelson's running style. I didn't pick up on that as much in person but while watching the game on TV later, it was sort of surprised at the 'pop' he generated and willingness he had to lower his shoulders to finish runs.

For that bulletin board material... there were at least three comments on Minnesota being "not as fast as Texas".

Interesting to watch it and hear someone say they are trying to look more like US, than the other way around, for a change.

Martin seems like a very solid guy. Pretty good presser overall, with decent questions being asked.

Also interesting to hear the comments about the physical nature of Nelson's running style. I didn't pick up on that as much in person but while watching the game on TV later, it was sort of surprised at the 'pop' he generated and willingness he had to lower his shoulders to finish runs.

For that bulletin board material... there were at least three comments on Minnesota being "not as fast as Texas".

Not sure it qualifies as bulletin board material when it is 100% true. :)

28-21 is all the bulletin board material we need. Just get some revenge for 2011.

I found it interesting that he said he is a friend of Jerry Kill. It is clear that Jerry has made a lot of friends over the years and I am not surprised that he is one of them.

Top Bottom