Gophers to line up against former Gopher/U grad Xzavian Brandon on Saturday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Brandon suffered quite a few injuries while at the U, but stuck with it academically (graduated as an undergrad here) and athletically and is finishing up his playing career while going to grad school at NMSU.

2012 (Senior): Brandon was a member of the offensive scout team, while redshirting for the Aggies in 2012.
2009-11: Brandon did not play in 2011 due to injuries at Minnesota. He has graduated from the University of Minnesota with a bachelor’s degree in communication studies.
2008: Brandon made a strong push for playing time before suffering a season-ending back injury. He appeared in four games but did not record any statistics and earned first letter.
High School: Brandon prepped at Northview High School and led the Titans in 2007 with 26 receptions for 493 yards (19.0 yards per catch) and five touchdowns. He earned first team All-North Fulton honors from the Appen Newspapers group in both 2006 and 2007 and also earned a spot on the 2005 and 2007 All-Northside team. Brandon was a 2006 Super 11 honorable mention choice.
Personal: Brandon is the son of Zondra and David Brandon. His father played linebacker for the Atlanta Falcons. He is currenlty working on his master’s dregree at NM State.

http://www.nmstatesports.com/ViewAr...DB_OEM_ID=1900&ATCLID=205684225&Q_SEASON=2013

Go Gophers!!

Sure happy he is at least able to keep playing AND getting his education paid for! Good for him!

Look at that. An athlete who took advantage of a free education, got a 4 year degree and is well into getting a masters for free. Brilliant! I wish more athletes would take advantage of the opportunity they are given...

He had a degenerative joint disease that prevented him from playing here. I wonder if he actually plays at all. No participation in Texas game.

Yep, I was told Brandon would have a hard time playing. I hope he figured it out. He was really a class act while he was here and he's one of those guys you root for (left for the right reasons). It's like Max Shortell.

I hope we beat NMSU 77-7 with Brandon scoring the lone TD.

Yep, I was told Brandon would have a hard time playing. I hope he figured it out. He was really a class act while he was here and he's one of those guys you root for (left for the right reasons). It's like Max Shortell.

I hope we beat NMSU 77-7 with Brandon scoring the lone TD.

+1!

Top Bottom