Williams JR and potential big game

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
The way coach Kill talks about him, you have to think he would have carried a bunch in the first half last week. Kill called him "special" today in the presser. I think he will be the first 100 yd rusher this season and might lead the team in rushing for the year if he shows up on time.

I can see it. He looks to be in better shape this season (aka non true freshman shape). Running behind an OL that hopefully has a bit of a chip on their shoulder because they didn't exactly exude their will against UNLV

The way coach Kill talks about him, you have to think he would have carried a bunch in the first half last week.

Didn't he sit him for the first half for being late to a meeting? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Nope, that's him. Harbison broke a rule too, but I don't know if that's been addressed.

Whew, glad I got it right. Harbison sat out the entire game, but according to what I've read, he'll be good to go Saturday. Don't know the reason between 1/2 and full game, and we don't have a right to know everything inside the walls. I just trust Kill to handle it accordingly, and I expect both of these guys to fly a little straighter.

Whew, glad I got it right. Harbison sat out the entire game, but according to what I've read, he'll be good to go Saturday. Don't know the reason between 1/2 and full game, and we don't have a right to know everything inside the walls. I just trust Kill to handle it accordingly, and I expect both of these guys to fly a little straighter.

Harbison's autograph sessions must have been twice as along as Johnny Football's. :rolleyes:

We all have our favorites that we want to see. It is up to Coach Kill, aka the babysitter for 125 kids, to determine if a kid plays or not.

Harbison's autograph sessions must have been twice as along as Johnny Football's. :rolleyes:

tumblr_inline_mfd3t0Vl061qiv5yk.gif

I predicted that Williams would be our leading rusher but I didn't want Edwards and Kirk to get hurt.

He also needs to learn how to block. That's what has kept him off the field.

Roderick is an impressive runner. It seems like he is always falling forward and fighting for those extra yards. I'd love to see him get ~20 carries on Saturday and see if he can get in a rhythm and really wear down the defense. I also think his straight line speed is underrated, it'd be fun to see him break one and see how fast he is.

Roderick is an impressive runner. It seems like he is always falling forward and fighting for those extra yards. I'd love to see him get ~20 carries on Saturday and see if he can get in a rhythm and really wear down the defense. I also think his straight line speed is underrated, it'd be fun to see him break one and see how fast he is.

If things go according to plan on Saturday both Williams and Cobb will get plenty of touches. Heck assuming he makes the trip there might even be a Gillum sighting. Would guess the coaching staff is gong to want to grind it out on the ground and really work on the run game execution against an opponent that should not provide a huge challenge. Of course having said that they did beat us 2 years ago so we will need to actually execute and hopefully put the game out of reach early.

It would be great if we could finally see if Gillum can contribute as well. We might need him and Banham later this year.

It would be great if we could finally see if Gillum can contribute as well. We might need him and Banham later this year.

I think at this point the odds of Gillum making any sort of significant contribution are pretty slim. He clearly is buried on the depth chart and didn't look very good in the limited time he saw last year.

JC guys are hit and miss and Gillum clearly looks like he is going to end up in the miss column. Hope I am wrong and he becomes a productive player but it sure doesn't look like it is going to happen.

Top Bottom