Nebraska Coach Pelini...

Dr.Don

Reaction score
After NDSU's upset of K-State in the football game of the century for Bison fans, talk up here on the radio is that if Pelini gets the axe at Nebraska that Craig Bohl (the leader of the feared herd) would be a candidate to replace him.

My goodness, and people talk about ESPN BobbleHeads making week 1 power rankings. Sheesh.

Nebraska fans would probably riot if this happened. His woes as defensive coordinator seem pretty fresh in their minds.

Nebraska fans would probably riot if this happened. His woes as defensive coordinator seem pretty fresh in their minds.

Please note the sarcasm of my OP relating to what "they" are babbling about in the NDSU area?

I will tell you one thing...Coach Bohl's Defensive Coordinator is going to move on soon to bigger and better things before Bohl does.

Bohl to Nebraska won't happen. I am surprised he's still at NDSU though, I'd think after what he's accomplished there he would've been offered an FBS job that pays more than 200K a year.

Bohl to Nebraska won't happen. I am surprised he's still at NDSU though, I'd think after what he's accomplished there he would've been offered an FBS job that pays more than 200K a year.

If he is happy here, I think he can live on 200K a year.

I wouldn't be surprise if Bohl takes a job after this season. They'll be really good this year and they are graduating a ton of talent (Williams, Turner, Olson, Jensen, Ryan Smith, Ojuri, Jirik, Perry, etc.). I am sure there is talent coming down the pipeline, but it would make sense for Bohl to leave with this historic FBS class.

I also think he's being pretty smart about being picky. He is in a good situation, he knows he is going to win and has tons of support. If he took the wrong job, he could throw all of this away for 3-4 years. Look at the guy at UNLV. . .he was very Bohl-esque at Montana.

Isn't Bohl's considered an a-hole by athletic directors? Not the driven, obsessed kind of a-hole like Saban. The kind of a-hole that sleeps with other people's wives.

Nothing more difficult than taking a program that has been bad for a while and turning it around. Lots of heavy lifting and no guarantee that if you do everything right it will work.

That's why I admire Coach Kill. What he did as SIU was amazing. Not as much at NIU but bigger stage and higher glory...hopeful we are his trifecta and pathway to the College Football HOF as a Coach (in 15 years after we win #8 & #9!)

Isn't Bohl's considered an a-hole by athletic directors? Not the driven, obsessed kind of a-hole like Saban. The kind of a-hole that sleeps with other people's wives.

That's not all Bohl's fault. How about some fault into the direction of other people's wives? It takes two, ya know.

I’m using every Nebraska related thread to make a plug for our fans to treat the Nebraska fans with the upmost courtesy when they come to TCF. I attended last year’s game in Lincoln and the Nebraska fans were unbelievably congenial to Gopher fans. It is a culture unlike any other in football. No, I’m not into that MN nice crap. Yes, I think it is perfectly fine to rip on SIN-BAD and Iowegian fans but especially the skunks. In fact, the Nebraska fans don’t care for the skunks either and that alone is reason to be nice to them. I spoke with several people who went in Lincoln last year and they all said the same thing about how pleasant it was to be around the Nebraska fans. I think we have a real opportunity to have a “friendly” rivalry with the Huskers. So, be cool to our Nebraska friends and save/stock pile your venom for the skunks.

Go Gophers!

Spoken like a true Cornhugger! :drink:

I’m using every Nebraska related thread to make a plug for our fans to treat the Nebraska fans with the upmost courtesy when they come to TCF. I attended last year’s game in Lincoln and the Nebraska fans were unbelievably congenial to Gopher fans. It is a culture unlike any other in football. No, I’m not into that MN nice crap. Yes, I think it is perfectly fine to rip on SIN-BAD and Iowegian fans but especially the skunks. In fact, the Nebraska fans don’t care for the skunks either and that alone is reason to be nice to them. I spoke with several people who went in Lincoln last year and they all said the same thing about how pleasant it was to be around the Nebraska fans. I think we have a real opportunity to have a “friendly” rivalry with the Huskers. So, be cool to our Nebraska friends and save/stock pile your venom for the skunks.

Go Gophers!

Go Gophers!

Yeah their fans are great, but if you think that Minnesota has the market cornered on passive-aggressive, you don't know Husker fans.

I like Nebraska people, I married one. I spend a couple of long weekends there every year and count Husker fans among my friends. But try to insinuate to them that they may not have the greatest football program that has ever existed, and they get a wry smile on their faces. They won't say anything to you, but when you're at a party of exclusively Husker fans, you'll see them exude arrogance that would surprise you.

And then let them know that we have an overall winning record against them.

The Nebraska fans were extremely nice last year (and in 2011 here as well), but I'd attribute a lot of that to them knowing that they were going to kick our ass.

You can judge a fan base by how they act when they lose as much as when they win. Let's see how they are when we beat them eventually....

That's not all Bohl's fault. How about some fault into the direction of other people's wives? It takes two, ya know.

Seemed like an a-hole comment to me the other day when he said "Dr. Don, I've never been to your house when you were home before..."

if your baggage won't let you move just become AD like Barry Alvarez. Buy a few restaurant franchises locally like his Ruths chris in Middleton to supplement the income. No ND or NE or NFL for Barry Alvarez. hope it was worth it.

The Nebraska fans were extremely nice last year (and in 2011 here as well), but I'd attribute a lot of that to them knowing that they were going to kick our ass.

You can judge a fan base by how they act when they lose as much as when they win. Let's see how they are when we beat them eventually....

Very true. Ask Missouri fans how welcoming Nebraska fans were after 2003 to 2008 when the Tigers won 4 out of 6. Friend has seen 6-7 games down in Lincoln including the '06 and '08 Missouri/Nebraska games. He was stunned at how that crowd got really surly when a long-term whipping boy started fighting back.

Think about it. The success Bohl has had and no offers? I smell a rat. Off field issues a very large possibility.

I don't disagree, but Bohl was one of them.

The Nebraska fans that were here two years ago were good folks. They wee not the loud mouth clowns that come here from Wisconsin and Michigan.

Go Gophers!

I agree whole-heartedly!

Yeah their fans are great, but if you think that Minnesota has the market cornered on passive-aggressive, you don't know Husker fans.

I like Nebraska people, I married one. I spend a couple of long weekends there every year and count Husker fans among my friends. But try to insinuate to them that they may not have the greatest football program that has ever existed, and they get a wry smile on their faces. They won't say anything to you, but when you're at a party of exclusively Husker fans, you'll see them exude arrogance that would surprise you.

And then let them know that we have an overall winning record against them.

I have two cousin's that live down in Husker country. Neither are Husker fans, and actually both find themselves secretly rooting against them. I'm no stranger to the 'ugly' side of the Husker fanbase. Even with that considered, they are the NICEST fanbases I've ever come into contact with. The only other fanbase that comes close is Northwesterns (and we all know why). Their team has a great history (and even in a down year is something we as Gopher fans are hoping against hope that our team has that kind of success) so they have every right to be as arrogant and wry as they are.

The best thing I like about the Husker faithful is they know they have a reputation. And they thrive on ensuring they withhold that standard.

Good point. Hopefully we can truly find out how classy a fanbase they are sooner than later..

Very true. Ask Missouri fans how welcoming Nebraska fans were after 2003 to 2008 when the Tigers won 4 out of 6. Friend has seen 6-7 games down in Lincoln including the '06 and '08 Missouri/Nebraska games. He was stunned at how that crowd got really surly when a long-term whipping boy started fighting back.

I'd MUCH rather the crowd get surly than patronizing. When the Husker crowd gets surly, you know you're team hit a spot. It's a good thing.

Think about it. The success Bohl has had and no offers? I smell a rat. Off field issues a very large possibility.

Oh, plenty of offers in the bottom 5 conferences, but he won't take one of those, and you won't hear about it. His contract incentives have put him at around 400 annually, not 200. That's not too shabby. The last salary talk was an increase for his assistants.

Top Bottom