Silver lining

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
It's worth mentioning, while his 10-for-22 stat line is less than impressive, Nelson was more than solid on 3rd down;

7-for-11 on 3rd down for 6 1st downs, along with 1-for-1 on 4th down for a first down.

I'll take that any Saturday, without a doubt.

Not to mention Engels drop at the five.

That's a great stat. If we can do that all season, look out.

Week 1 to 2 improvements should be significant. I'd be willing to bet Nelson has a more appealing stat line this week due to everyone getting into a groove and having the first game rust shaken off.

Week 1 to 2 improvements should be significant. I'd be willing to bet Nelson has a more appealing stat line this week due to everyone getting into a groove and having the first game rust shaken off.

And solid stable coaching under Kill will get them there. Imagine the nightmare under Brewster,

AJ McCarron went 10/23 with 110 yards, a TD and an INT. His stats are very similar to Nelson's.

Nelson also had a QBR of 85.6/100. For reference, a QBR of 50 is considered average.

Side note: Nelson had the 2nd best QBR in the conference this week, the best was Devin Gardner with a 90.0

Not to mention the fact that we are going against an even weaker opponent then the one we just faced. Next two weeks should provide the offense plenty of opportunity to work on the issues from the UNLV game and hopefully get things ironed out going into the meat of the schedule.

Top Bottom