Offense

ncgo4

Reaction score
Our QB performance was a real disappointment. 10-22 against a defense stacked against the run is not a hopeful sign. Not only was it a poor showing but the defensive secondary was described as one of the big weak spots on a very bad team.

I continue to be amazed at Minnesota's ability to recruit quarterbacks that seem to specialize in inaccuracy. Certainly, however blame enough to be shared with a receiver corps that demonstrated marginal talent at best.

UNLV had a passing scheme with crisp, short throws to specific reads off a defense playing off the receivers. We didn't have a passing scheme that I could see.

The biggest concern, however was the offensive line. They had the crap beaten out of them. There was almost no push off the ball at all. We heard all pre-season how our depth was back and the unit was bigger, stronger and healthy. No one fessed up to the fact that they are also not very good. Under Mason's offense we had fast, pulling linemen. Under Limegrower we have big, slow linemen trying their damnedest to get two yards off tackle. I don't remember a single run where the line pulled to block outside for a wide run. Please tell me my memory is wrong about this. Please.

Hopefully the 10 day gap to our 2nd game will help this get turned around.

As I said in the Limegrover thread, need to give it time. However Nelson did show some inexperience. He looked like a sophomore.

As I said in the Limegrover thread, need to give it time. However Nelson did show some inexperience. He looked like a sophomore.

I thought Nelson was Ok but I am even more concerned about the WRs then I was before the game. They were basically invisible against a secondary that is not supposed to be very good.

I thought Nelson was Ok but I am even more concerned about the WRs then I was before the game. They were basically invisible against a secondary that is not supposed to be very good.

Yes this was very concerning considering UNLV's Defense is probably the 2nd weakest one we'll face all year long & we should've had a New Hampshire 2012 level of dominance. I really hope they get it together because those Big Ten Defenses are going to be much bigger & more athletic...

Yes this was very concerning considering UNLV's Defense is probably the 2nd weakest one we'll face all year long & we should've had a New Hampshire 2012 level of dominance. I really hope they get it together because those Big Ten Defenses are going to be much bigger & more athletic...

UNLV would DESTROY New Hampshire.

Top Bottom