Kirkwood

Nothing official but he did come back on the field late in the 4th like he wanted to play more. Obviously they weren't going to put him out at that point. It sure appears he'll be fine.

Nothing official but he did come back on the field late in the 4th like he wanted to play more. Obviously they weren't going to put him out at that point. It sure appears he'll be fine.

Didn't see that, thanks.

Just saw this in the Strib story:

But the Gophers did have a key injury setback in the second half. Donnell Kirkwood injured his right ankle and was carted off the field for X-rays before later returning to the sideline in a boot. He led the team with 926 rushing yards last season.

At the end of the 4th quarter I saw him being carted off with ice on his ankle. Must have been just a few minutes left in the game. I'm a little worried about him. If Kirkwood and Edwards both have high ankle sprains we could be in for a nightmare.

Just an ankle sprain it seems...

I am happy that Kill pulled Nelson when we built a huge lead. I know I'm not the only one who used to cringe seeing Weber in the game late in the 4th with a 20 point lead...

Top Bottom