*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-UNLV GAME THREAD ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan

Reaction score
I realize it's a "tad" early to start the game day thread, but let's be honest, not much work is going to get done today, so its really a day long pre-game until actual kickoff! I think our depth will be a key factor and we'll blow the Rebels out. Let's get after it!!!!!!!!!!!

I have absolutely nothing to do until the game... gonna be a long day...

I feel like our Defense was solid last year... & I think our Offense will be a LOT better this year because in Kill's first Season we didn't score over 30 points once but last year we hit the 30 mark 4 times & I expect that to improve overall this Season...

We just have to avoid the dreaded "13" that plagued us last year...
tocry.png

It's the best day of the year so far for Gopher Football. The opener. Optimism is through the roof. Excitement is in the air. For those that will attend the game, the smell of hotdogs and the sounds of the marching band are just hours away. For those that can't attend, our flatscreens have been polished and our schedules have been cleared.

Here's to being able to discuss actual football moving forward from today.

For months, we have filled our minds and message board with talk of seizures, heating coils, parking situations and inept marketing plans.

Here's to actual football.

Ladies and gentleman, the time has come.

It's the best day of the year so far for Gopher Football. The opener. Optimism is through the roof. Excitement is in the air. For those that will attend the game, the smell of hotdogs and the sounds of the marching band are just hours away. For those that can't attend, our flatscreens have been polished and our schedules have been cleared.

Here's to being able to discuss actual football moving forward from today.

For months, we have filled our minds and message board with talk of seizures, heating coils, parking situations and inept marketing plans.

Here's to actual football.

Ladies and gentleman, the time has come.

Gave me goosebumps...

Nice to start the season home at the Bank for the first time ever. I just wanna see a solid performance (no TOs, low penalties), and just some signs that we can have some explosiveness in our offense even a little bit. I expect the defense to be solid, hopefully improved in the running game.

Best time of the year, no doubt.

Stuck at work until 11. I have a feeling I won't get much done this morning! :)

Stuck at work until 11. I have a feeling I won't get much done this morning! :)

Same here. But I did manage to fire the opening shot last night:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“<a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole">@GopherHole</a>: So apparently Gandalf from Lord of the Rings is a <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> fan. <a href="http://t.co/nK7l96yEz5">pic.twitter.com/nK7l96yEz5</a>” haha <a href="https://twitter.com/UNLVFootball">@UNLVFootball</a> THOU SHALL NOT PASS</p>— Patrick Saxton (@patricksaxton) <a href="https://twitter.com/patricksaxton/statuses/372912204200173569">August 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's 8:30 and I have to work until 4:30. Brutal. Can't wait for game time to get here!

Really about the only thing I'm nervous about is the kicking game. I guess I'm shellshocked from the ineptitude of our punting, in particular, but also our kicking game it seems for the better part of the past decade. If we hold our own here and don't shank a bunch of 10 yard punts and our kickers make the kicks a D1 kicker should make then I think we're good. Snafus in this area just seem to take the wind out of the sails of the team and can quickly kill the buzz in the stadium.

I just cracked my first beer, am following the Strib forum and getting my chile hot. Got steak sandwiches to make for pregame and I am living in wishes and nostalgia land right now because I couldn't be home for this game!

Really about the only thing I'm nervous about is the kicking game. I guess I'm shellshocked from the ineptitude of our punting, in particular, but also our kicking game it seems for the better part of the past decade. If we hold our own here and don't shank a bunch of 10 yard punts and our kickers make the kicks a D1 kicker should make then I think we're good. Snafus in this area just seem to take the wind out of the sails of the team and can quickly kill the buzz in the stadium.

Now that is a gem of optimism, Indi. Relax...the kickers will be ok.

I can't wait to crack the first beer myself. Stupid work. Just moved to Philly, and am also wishing I was home for the opener... and, well, every other game.

A question

Why in the H-E-Double toothpicks, have the Gophers been moved to Kool 108? Does the McLoud Bethel Thompson festival really take precidence over the Home opener?

Why in the H-E-Double toothpicks, have the Gophers been moved to Kool 108? Does the McLoud Bethel Thompson festival really take precidence over the Home opener?

Either the twins of vikes take priority tonight. Don't care which...but it is one of them.

Any idea what color jerseys we're going with today?

Either the twins of vikes take priority tonight. Don't care which...but it is one of them.

Twins aren't on KFAN. This is just bad contract work by the "U" . By the way, the noon genius has us on 4-7, after "giving" us a win against Indiana. Why does that clown still have a job?

Now that is a gem of optimism, Indi. Relax...the kickers will be ok.

Dr.Don - How do some of these people enjoy the games. I think they worry more than the coaches. I have a great deal of confidence in Kill & Company ability to prepare for games. Besides how the hell having me worry change anything. Don, more people need to follow your example of having a beer and enjoying the game. Speaking of enjoying I need to leave now and meet my for the game.

Go Gophers!

I'm so glad I'm extremely busy at work today. The day has flown by!

I know this is a year old and not specific to Gopher football, but this video always gets me pumped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom