What koolaid are you drinking?

EE_Gopher

Reaction score
Kill does a good job of keeping things in perspective. However there are things I hope are true which make the team take that big step forward.

My koolaid hopes are:

1. Philip Nelson looks like the Purdue game all year.
2. Our offensive line makes our running backs look like 1st rounders.
3. Ra'shede is unstoppable.

Just wondering what the koolaid hopes of others are.

Brock Vereen is right and we end up having the best secondary in the conference.

no mental mistakes this year! we are disciplined

1. The fans show up and are loud.
2. Our secondary is the real deal.
3. Nelson proves he is the second coming and future All BIG QB Stud.

That are linebackers are in the right spots and bring the wood

I would like to see some emotion and fire out of the linebacking group.
Some snot bubbling hits out of our linebackers to start the game would get everyone excited.
Wilson,Hill,Manual,Lynn,Cambell, who else... is going to bring the STICK?

1. Nelson begins to look like the 'All-Big Ten QB' staple for the next few seasons.
2. D-Line goes crazy this year with the pass rush. Earns sack record by all D-Lineman for the season.
3. A WR steps up and proves himself to be an absolute playmaking, downfield threat.

I can't believe it! Nobody has mentioned that we get our signature win against Wisconsin this year.

I can't believe it! Nobody has mentioned that we get our signature win against Wisconsin this year.

That's not a koolaid statement Killjoy, that is a FACT!! (I'm a little amped up right now :cool02:)

I'm drinking the Wolitarski koolaid...
Only a freshman, he starts his journey Thursday.
When his time is done at the UofM, we'll remember him well.

Damien Wilson.

I think for the Gophers to have a better-than-expected season, Wilson has to step up and be a beast. I think he will. Even in JUCO, it's hard to come up with over 120 tackles without being able to wrap up. I think he gets better every week and is a real playmaker by the time we get very far into the B1G season.

Kool-Aid? Looking forward to (for the first time in a long time) the Gophers O-Line exerting it's will on a B1G team for 4 quarters. The defense sitting on the sidelines for long periods of time. What a sight!!

3. A WR steps up and proves himself to be an absolute playmaking, downfield threat.

I am really hoping for this one. For this year and the next couple. As I am on record as saying, I believe D.Jones may be our only hope on this year's roster to be a legitimate playmaking down field threat. I like a couple other WRs on the team, but worry who is going to stretch the field from the flank.

Gophers add to their lead in the 4th qtr. No blown leads - no letting the other team stay in the game. Knock them down, knock them down again and stomp on their throats.

And by the way, I prefer the sugar-free Black Cherry kool-aid.

Run the ball consistently.
Make the plays that are there for the taking.
Minimal pre-snap penalties.
No blown plays - Gardner's scramble / long td pass from last year comes to mind.
Jug, Axe, Pig ..... Governor's bell

I hope having a big lead will lead to Kill using 2nd stringers who are hungry enough to put a hurt on the other team and build more experience for years to come.

i also would like to see crisp clean solid pounding of our NonCon. since everyone in the world thinks it is an easy one we need to take care of business

i also would like to see crisp clean solid pounding of our NonCon. since everyone in the world thinks it is an easy one we need to take care of business

3/4 of the NC schedule is easy and we should roll over, but SJS is a pretty good team and we shouldn't expect to walk over them.

Maxx becomes an All Big Ten monster. Campbell brings the hammer like a skinny Butkus. Wells stays healthy. Williams becomes our featured back. McDonald gets it on right and goes deep. Wilson becomes a run stopping fool. Nelson is the Nelson we thought he was (thanks Denny Green).

hmmm, from the thread title i was thinking of a different discussion

gopher koolaid - the lines dominate

my koolaid for today's game will be Iron Fist Brewing Company's Velvet Glove

We play with a lead for over 40% of our offensive snaps this year. Which means we score early and stop early. Force other team to pass (sacks, interceptions, fumbles all go up from last year) and our running game is dominate at the point of attack. 5 yards and a cloud of dust is our mantra until the opposing dline and lbs give up and start to ole tackle then its 15 yards and "sweet georgia brown" dancing in the endzone.

We outscore our opponents by 100 this year!

Top 5 in total defense, pass defense, run defense and take aways.

Top 5 in run offense, pass completion %, offensive running touchdowns and big plays of 20 plus yards!

You want koolaid, I fu_cking invented that shiit!

Maxx becomes an All Big Ten monster. Campbell brings the hammer like a skinny Butkus. Wells stays healthy. Williams becomes our featured back. McDonald gets it on right and goes deep. Wilson becomes a run stopping fool. Nelson is the Nelson we thought he was (thanks Denny Green).

I concur on all counts. This is a recipe I can see coming together.

We are able to run the ball and stop the run against BIG competition.

You guys are getting too serious.

My kool aid tastes like pre game beers.

I know (and don't care) that most of you don't care, but can we stop with equating mass murder and sports fanhood? Thanks.

I know (and don't care) that most of you don't care, but can we stop with equating mass murder and sports fanhood? Thanks.

Haha...I had to think about this one. Of course I'm on beer #4 and a couple of shots. Interestingly, Kool-aid has killed for more from diabetes from all the fricking sugar kids drink in the nasty crap than hundreds of People's Temple Ag Projects (aka Jonestown).

Top Bottom