Q&A: Lakeville Junior LB Josh Corcoran Hearing from Gophers, Badgers, Hawkeyes & FSU

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Lakeville Junior LB Josh Corcoran Hearing from Gophers, Badgers, Hawkeyes & FSU

Q&A: Lakeville Junior LB Josh Corcoran Hearing from Gophers, Badgers, Hawkeyes and Seminoles
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/278859?referrer_id=388419

Josh Corcoran, a 6-3, 230-pound junior linebacker from Lakeville (MN) South, is considered one of the state’s top players from the Class of 2015.

Gopher Hole caught up with Corcoran after the Cougars’ practice to learn the more about his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: What camps did you get a chance to attend this summer?

Josh Corcoran: I went to the Iowa State one, the Iowa Hawkeyes one. I went to the Wisconsin one and the Junior Elite one at the Gophers.

Gopher Hole: When you attend those camps do you feel that you are able to pick up some things that will make you a better football player?

Josh Corcoran: Yes. There are a lot of things that I learned. A lot of new techniques, which should help me become better overall.

Gopher Hole: You will start at middle linebacker and you also have two senior linebackers, who are getting Division I-AA looks. Do you think that will be one of the strengths at Lakeville South this year?

Josh Corcoran: Our defense is the strength of the team this year, especially our linebackers. We have A.J. and Lattery, who moved from offense last year. They played a lot of linebacker the last four years, so we should be pretty strong.

Gopher Hole: I knew that it is early in terms of recruitment, but what schools are you starting to hear from?

Josh Corcoran: I have heard a lot from Minnesota. I have been there a lot and I have been to a lot of practices. I got an invitation from Florida State. I heard from Iowa and Wisconsin when I was there.

Gopher Hole: Are you going to try to go to some college football games this fall?

Josh Corcoran: Yes. I want to try to make Wisconsin and Minnesota, because they are the closest and maybe, I’ll make to down to Iowa eventually sometime this year.

Gopher Hole: Do you come from an athletic family?

Josh Corcoran: My older brother played football here. He also played baseball. My little brother is a football player, too. Mom was a track and basketball girl when she was younger. My dad, I don’t think that he played sports.

Gopher Hole: What would it mean to play Division I football?

Josh Corcoran: It would mean a lot. Just being able to have my family watch me on TV and stuff like that.

Gopher Hole: What are you hearing from the Gophers?

Josh Corcoran: They are saying that they are very interested. They are going to watch me this fall. I have talked to them a lot.

Gopher Hole: What is your 40 time and bench press? Have you been tested on that lately?

Josh Corcoran: My 40 here at South was 4.74. Bench was 365 and clean was 320.

Gopher Hole: What do you see as your strengths as a linebacker?

Josh Corcoran: Just having the size to go through people and the speed to go around and get tackles.

Gopher Hole: Are you projected as more of a middle linebacker in college?

Josh Corcoran: Yes. I am playing middle linebacker, but in camps when we did pass rush, I did good at that, I felt.

Gopher Hole: Do you play any other sports at Lakeville South or are you just football-only these days?

Josh Corcoran: Track right now. I used to play baseball, but now I just do track. Shot and discus and I sprinted the 100.

Gopher Hole: I know that it is so early, but have you thought about a possible college major?

Josh Corcoran: I know what I want to do, is to be a physical trainer. Kinesiology or sports medicine area.

Gopher Hole: What got you into that?

Josh Corcoran: It is what I know already from my brother. He knows a lot about that. He taught me over the years and so has my dad.

Josh is a great kid from a great family. I cant wait to see this kid wear the maroon and gold

Top Bottom